Page 1 of 28
... LastLast
    Deleted

Why do we have to wait over a month for the whole LFR to unlock?

I understand that not all of LFR should be available from day one, and I'm fine with waiting, but I'd rather see it more like

5.3. normal raid
    12.3. LFR part 1 + 2
    19.3 LFR part 3+4

That's still two weeks to wait for the whole LFR to be playable. Even releasing one part every week would be better than having to wait 2 weeks for each part 3 and 4. Over a month seems extreme. If I subscribe this week, my one month of subscription will run out before I can do the whole raid. Is that intentional to keep casual players more tied to the game?

My assumption is because they don't want someone to run through the entire LFR in a day, have the RNG God's in their favor, and basically be decked out in 500+ ilevel gear comparable to the current heroic raiders. They also don't want said heroic raiders to suddenly be able to fill those potential 2 or 3 lower level items to give them the jump on clearing the Throne in normal or heroic mode.

Their's also the potential that these LFR's are gonna actually be kinda tough and they don't want all the randoms rolling through the raids just wiping constantly. That'd be a massive about of QQ going towards Blizzard if it were the case.
    Last edited by Brian23; 2013-03-05 at 07:07 AM.

im surprised lfr isnt released 1 boss at a time, greedy blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian23 View Post
    My assumption is because they don't want someone to run through the entire LFR in a day, have the RNG God's in their favor, and basically be decked out in 500+ ilevel gear comparable to the current heroic raiders. They also don't want said heroic raiders to suddenly be able to fill those potential 2 or 3 lower level items to give them the jump on clearing the Throne in normal or heroic mode.
    But I said, all of it shouldn't be released at day one. I'm fine with waiting 2-3 weeks, it's just that 6 weeks seeems a bit too much for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    If I subscribe this week, my one month of subscription will run out before I can do the whole raid. Is that intentional to keep casual players more tied to the game?
    and people QQ about not having anything to do 3 weeks after a patch drops. sub for one month quit and spend 5 months crying for more content.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

It doesnt make sense to gate LFR when the whole point of LFR was for casuals to "see the content", doesnt that just defeat the whole purpose?

Simple solution would just be to lower the iLvl drops from LFR that way everyone can "see the content" but you dont out gear 5.1 heroic raids and trivialize old content, but then apparently the casuals dont feel powerful enough after each upgrade.
    Im actually not funny, im just really mean and people think im joking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Daxxarri (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    It's gated to mimic normal progression in raids.

Normal raiders won't see the end boss for months either. In fact the only guys that will see the end content are the heroic mode raiders who will complete the normal raid within the week.

Our raid in Normal Mode Tier 13 didn't see Sha of Fear until 3 weeks ago, I had been farming him on LFR for a month and a half already at that point.
    I think that your post strikes at the heart of the issue very well. Lei Shen is a real monster, and we want his encounter to feel climactic. Most normal mode raiders won't see him for a while, and that climactic feel is diminished when players have already been farming him for weeks in the Raid Finder before they ever get to see him on normal mode with their guild mates.

On the same token, we know players using the Raid Finder want to see new content, and we do plan to release the first two wings faster than the last two, to make sure that those players have something new to enjoy sooner rather than later.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-03-05 at 11:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate it, I was really looking forward to getting some new content. Tired of blizzard shitting me to appease a faction of players good at writing anti-lfr posts.

And they don't want to spoil the fight, what a joke, I've never been in a guild that didn't force me to watch the boss videos before we fought them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Again I'm totally fine with not having the whole LFR available at day one. I'm really in favour of this, since it really does feel better to clear the raid portion by portion over a bigger period of time. I just feel that 6 weeks is too much. That means, that if I come back to the game this week, I will not be able to experience the full content of the patch until after my subscription has run out and that feels crappy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Again I'm totally fine with not having the whole LFR available at day one. I'm really in favour of this, since it really does feel better to clear the raid portion by portion over a bigger period of time. I just feel that 6 weeks is too much. That means, that if I come back to the game this week, I will not be able to experience the full content of the patch until after my subscription has run out and that feels crappy.
    It just means they expect most people to take 6 weeks to clear it on normal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    and people QQ about not having anything to do 3 weeks after a patch drops. sub for one month quit and spend 5 months crying for more content.
    You will still be running LFR for weeks to get gear and probably for the legendary quests. Gating it like this only means you'll not be able to defeat every boss in the first few weeks. It'll slow it down a bit, but not that much. In fact after 6 weeks of raiding I'll be more tired of the first few bosses than of Lei Shen, because I've killed them 5 times and Lei Shen only once. That kinda means there'll be bosses I'll be pretty tired of soon while there are others I'll be looking forward to. Of course I can just skip the first bosses, but if there's still gear or legendary quest items, I won't. When ToES came out I was already tired of Mogushan.

They want to give normal/hc raiders time to learn the encounters so they can boost people in LFR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hemet was behind Garrosh's escape and time travel just so he could hunt big game on old Draenor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    It just means they expect most people to take 6 weeks to clear it on normal.
    It doesn't have to exactly reflect what normal modes are like. They can have the full LFR be released after 3 weeks and it'll still feel really cool.

I feel it'd be better if they opened with the first wing tomorrow. Then released one wing a week, and just delayed the last wing by 2 weeks. Mainly, I'm just annoyed I won't have much to do outside of dailies until next week, and I've long been tired of re-running the same things by now. Oh well. Being treated like a second class citizen. Nothing new there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinachsandwich View Post
    I hate it, I was really looking forward to getting some new content. Tired of blizzard shitting me to appease a faction of players good at writing anti-lfr posts.

And they don't want to spoil the fight, what a joke, I've never been in a guild that didn't force me to watch the boss videos before we fought them.
    Get real, you can still access the Isle of the Thunder King so there's a whole plethora of content there. Besides that, I think it is not too bad really. I think they have a point in allowing the normal players a bit of a head start to see the content before LFR gets to see it. Mind you, I also will be seeing the content through LFR first before I see it in normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    The iLVL has nothing to do with it, so I have no idea why you brought it up.
    People were complaining that normal-kills felt crap because they already killed the last boss a couple of times on LFR.
    If you dont want your hard earned accomplishment to be ruined by beating easy mode first, dont run LFR until you clear the raid. Its that easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    If you dont want your hard earned accomplishment to be ruined by beating easy mode first, dont run LFR until you clear the raid. Its that easy.
    If the gear is better than what that person has, that person going to run LFR anyways to hopefully obtain one or two pieces of gear and get to see how the fight mechanics works. Even if it's on 'easy mode'.

6 weeks is excessive. Everything about this game is a fucking gate now.

Speaking as a 100% LFR-hero, i have to say that in my opinion Blizz got the timing right for the unlocking of LFR-segments, i was fearing for "Wait 2 weeks to unlock bosses 1-3, then 2 weeks for 4-6, then 2 weeks..." and so on, unlocking the first two parts 1 week apart at least gives us LFR-heroes something to do while we wait for the rest to unlock (Not as if every boss will drop the stuff we need first time we kill them anyway), it won't stop "Regular" raiders from farming LFR to pieces (and complaining all the way :P ), but it gives them a bit of a headstart, there's plenty of time to run LFR and curse the RNG-gods for the LFR-crowd anyway, and when the new tier hits it will all be a moot point :P