Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    awesome, my guild downed H Sha in the one attempt out of the 250 that I had internet issues, and now they're taking the feat out.
    5 months enough time to do 14 normal/heroic bosses, but really more like 3 and a half for the ones that matter cuz of gating.

fucking blizzard logic.

Where's pyroblast nerf?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    And Shamans will still be the weakest ranged dps class, this takes the piss.... they need at least a 20% buff across the board to be equal to other classes.
    shamans have always been gutter trash when it comes to dps. why act so suprised?

Quote Originally Posted by Myneo View Post
    "One-handed axes, maces, and swords can be Transmogrified to each other."

so they dont make mainhand be transmogrified to onehand?
    It's not in the notes, but in the PTR there are no more Main-hand weapons. All weapons are either one-handed or two-handed.
    I like anime and stuff.

Deleted
    Well i like all the new things and guys DKs they are Hybrids

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm an LFR kind of player, so I won't get really excited 'til next week. But it'll be fun to check out the new zone 'til then.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Sorry dude, but ret paladins were healing on heroic Rag in Firelands because their healing was so good.

They are still a true warrior/healer hybrid, which is why they are so hard to balance.

Ret healing was amazing in Firelands and 4.3. Read above.

And I am talking about the actual definition of hybrid.

Pretty sure you have no idea how ret pallies worked back in cata. Their healing was a farcry to how it was when the expansion dropped because of WoG not having a cooldown. You don't have to gaslight an argument by quoting webster, we all know what the real definition of hybrid is that doesn't change the fact that it's WoW lingo for a class that is capable of doing something else besides DPS. Just keep your mouth shut please.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felora View Post
    I wonder if blizzard is even aware that shadow priests wont be taken to raids because they suck. I always thought its normal for s.priests to do low damage obviously because they are a hybrid class. But then i think , deathknights are hybrid too and they do pretty good dps.

I give up. I totally give up.

Shadow priest DPS is just fine if you're doing it right. They didn't really change anything, except buff our damage done in shadow form. If you don't get taken to raids because of your low dps, I suggest that you either get a better teacher or class change...because most other spriests I know, including myself, are doing just fine hanging out at the top of the meters.

Quote Originally Posted by GuniorBinda View Post
    I like how they buffed Frost DKs for no reason
    This patch is going to be awesome, hoping to get some decent progress in ToT.
    Lol what are you talking about? Frost DK's got buffed because they needed it, most likely due to a combination of losing the insanely OP T14 2set bonus and not scaling as well with gear upgrades as other classes/specs.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grenvallion View Post
    no because you cant even use scorch as anything except fire..

Yes you can. If you take the talent (5.0-5.1) you can scorch in any spec... It doesn't do crap for damage, but when you're arcane spec and on the move for long periods, it's pretty handy.

In WoW, a hybrid class (and what was clearly meant by the author of the original whinepost about Shadow Priests) is a class capable of performing two roles AT THE SAME TIME, not when in different specs. An spriest is a hybrid class. A fury warrior is not. Just because a warrior can switch specs doesn't make them a hybrid class, same goes for death knights, although at one time DK's were a hybrid class, since you could tank or dps in any spec, particularly if they were set up right, but they haven't been a hybrid class since Wrath.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 01:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Adeltor View Post
    Guys is the patch going out tomorrow or rather Wednesday? Please answer.

Thanks.
    Tomorrow, March the 5th (or today, rather.)

Quote Originally Posted by Guinzil View Post
    I don't know if it adds up to 20%, but the Shaman patch notes are filled to the brim with Elemental buffs.
    The problem is you have to look at all the buffs/nerfs across the board. Yes, it seems that ele shamans got a buff... but so did every other class. Comparing all side-by-side, ele shaman are still weak in comparison. The red-headed step child of Blizzard!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lostdrewid View Post
    Try being a boomkin. Even *with* the buff we're still behind everybody.
    I leveled as a Boomkin 80-90 and I have to say that it was quite possibly, no nix that, definitely the hardest class and spec I've ever leveled.

I was under the impression that it was opssible to upgrade PvP items using honnor points. I know they were discussing whether or not removing this from the game, I can't find it in the patch notes (I found the stuff about upgrade using valor or justice but not the stuff regarding HP). Does anyone know?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleda View Post
    Yes you can. If you take the talent (5.0-5.1) you can scorch in any spec... It doesn't do crap for damage, but when you're arcane spec and on the move for long periods, it's pretty handy.
    Scorch is no longer available to frost/arcane mages:
    Blazing Speed is now a level-15 talent, replacing Scorch.
    Flameglow, a new talent is available at level 30 and replaces Blazing Speed. The passive ability encases the Mage in fiery energy, absorbing damage from each attack made against the Mage equal to 20% of their spellpower, up to a maximum of 30% of the attack.

Fire
    Scorch is no longer a talent and is now available to all Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosky View Post
    They arnt hybrids lol... warriors can tank too that dosnt make them hybrids
    LOL.Yes, they are. They can DPS and tank. Hybrid = class that can perform more than one role.

Quote Originally Posted by zknm7 View Post
    In WoW, a hybrid class (and what was clearly meant by the author of the original whinepost about Shadow Priests) is a class capable of performing two roles AT THE SAME TIME, not when in different specs. An spriest is a hybrid class. A fury warrior is not. Just because a warrior can switch specs doesn't make them a hybrid class, same goes for death knights, although at one time DK's were a hybrid class, since you could tank or dps in any spec, particularly if they were set up right, but they haven't been a hybrid class since Wrath.
    A fury warrior is very much capable of equipping a shield mid fight, taunting the boss, and using Die by the Sword and then Shield Wall for a good 20 seconds. The same can be said with a frost death knight switching to Blood Presence and using Ice Bound Fortitude. All hybrid classes retain abilities from their other specs, that is why a hybrid tax used to be in place. Quit trying to play semantics here, the issue is black and white. Classes who have the ability to switch roles mid fight (even though they're not as effective) are hybrids, which constitutes Paladins, Priest, Druids, Shamans, Monks, Death Knights, and Warriors. If you want to continue to argue this, I will go through each class individually by spec and list the number of hybrid abilities they have.
    Last edited by crious; 2013-03-05 at 10:22 AM.

I'm glad they didn't nerf or touch BM much. Better nothing touched than a nerf lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lemme just say I am glad I do not PvP. *runs from the Rogues*

Everything else looks pretty good, though I'm not happy with the GoS nerf for Affliction... maybe I'll go play Destruction again.
    My Main is Melithiria (90 Lock)

The Left-Hand Path is the brightest path I have ever walked upon.

Quote Originally Posted by crious View Post
    A fury warrior is very much capable of equipping a shield mid fight, taunting the boss, and using Die by the Sword and then Shield Wall for a good 20 seconds. The same can be said with a frost death knight switching to Blood Presence and using Ice Bound Fortitude. All hybrid classes retain abilities from their other specs, that is why a hybrid tax used to be in place. Quit trying to play semantics here, the issue is black and white. Classes who have the ability to switch roles mid fight (even though they're not as effective) are hybrids, which constitutes Paladins, Priest, Druids, Shamans, Monks, Death Knights, and Warriors. If you want to continue to argue this, I will go through each class individually by spec and list the number of hybrid abilities they have.
    But a dps DK can't taunt anymore...

It's like rogues popping their defensive cds and tanking for a few seconds too... rogues are hybrid! omg! lol