Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    can anyone link the Simscrafts plz coz i cant find any even simulationcraft.org still not updated

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Basically my exact process this morning at work. I remembered there was supposed to be an update per that blue post, and saw the link. WTF, DK/rog buffs? Trololol...

You. I like you. You must be new, or hopelessly optimistic though.

Off the hook for healer, but sadly would still be a better option as a denounce bot with moderate heals and useful CC than Ret in PVP. Or, if this is PVE related, just play a DK or rog like they clearly want any melee to do.
    Nah. Looks like nothing. Just going to play my hunter for serious 3's. Pretty stupid.

Don't get your hopes up.
    It was just some European Blizzard member who was misreading something.
    The 'unannounced' changes are nothing we don't already know about.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you're just misunderstanding what he meant. He was only listing the survivability/utility changes, and the "more changes" is just everything else about Ret that he didn't mention, like the damage buffs, etc.

well there are some changes that have being made but not announced just yet. ! the patch is this week so the changes will drop live without we even know it or somehow Testing it

Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    Don't get your hopes up.
    It was just some European Blizzard member who was misreading something.
    The 'unannounced' changes are nothing we don't already know about.
    Pretty bold statement there. What was he misreading then? And considering not 4 hours ago some more changes were added for other classes it's clear they're not done yet...

I think some people misread the blue post, I read it again, and I don't see any indication that there is an unannounced buff. When he said "you can expect" he probably just meant what is already on the PTR; since things on the PTR are not set in stone, the so the word "expect" technically applies to things that are already on the PTR. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's all i saw.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangra View Post
    I think some people misread the blue post, I read it again, and I don't see any indication that there is an unannounced buff. When he said "you can expect" he probably just meant what is already on the PTR; since things on the PTR are not set in stone, the so the word "expect" technically applies to things that are already on the PTR. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's all i saw.
    "I think that is a pretty big list of buffs, and that's not including any additional changes that have been made but not announced just yet. "

^^ implying that there are unannounced changes for Ret.

Well 5.2 is out, but I dont see any changes beyond those mentioned in the patch notes so far? If anyone got any insight, please share

Welp, looks like I'll stick with my DK then, love the utility of my paladin but if I can't do anything but slap people with a wet noodle while waiting for cooldowns I don't think I'll bother.

It seems like that blue misread the patch notes and thought there were more changes that weren't announced the the public.

It's an invisible carrot on an invisible stick as far as I'm concerned about it. Until I actually see them announce something, it doesn't exist to me.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    It seems like that blue misread the patch notes and thought there were more changes that weren't announced the the public.
    Seems to be this but saying something so openly obvious as "There are more changes we havn't announced yet" either means they've pushed them back because they couldn't get them working (Seal of Justice maybe) or he just messed up completely.

I had high hopes but when they thought reverting a change like AW down to 2 minutes was a good way to fix ret I facepalmed hard and the pally went back on the shelf.

I don't see how nearly all classes have a burst button but also have pretty good sustained DPS whereas the thought the best way to balance ret was to have them melt faces once every 5 minutes, kill people rather well every 2 minutes, Apply a little pressure with a trinket pop, and hit like you're carrying 2 feather dusters the rest of the time... When you build up holy power you expect a big BANG to come out of it, not a mediocre slapping noise that makes people look at you and say "Ow, why did you do that? That was slightly annoying"

Wheras other classes such as a frost DK time their trinket proc and on use trinket (Assuming human) to crit with Obilterate for 130K+ with both diseases up, which is only going to increase with the new buffs, more killing machine procs with the haste, more aoe pressure with diseases (Although meh for frost, amazing for unholy) and just general Quality of life changes for unholy too...

If ret got the type of quality of life changes that Unholy DKs just got they'd be in a much better place than they are now, the spec feels phoned in to begin with and is probably the most likely to get CCed with 0 CC breakers worth using (Nobody would really bubble just to break a poly or fear, and yes I know of hand of sac but you get my point)

It's just flawed overall and I really don't understand why it's so popular, maybe because people like waiting for it to be fixed but from what I've read ret is one of the most played classes, that's not counting everyone that respecced holy to faceroll with a feral up to 2.2K...

Anyway I digress TL;DR Changes maybe coming next patch, if not it was a rather incompetent member of staff to begin with