Big Wigs v4 released

Hey folks. While I normally don't make release threads here, this particular update is major, and addresses several concerns reported in threads here including sound customization, bar customization, statistics, etc.

It's important to note that the main goal of v4 was the simplification for developers, with that I've noted some of the highlights. Unfortunately pretty much everything has been broken and guilds with their own private Big Wigs developers will need to update their old modules.

New features:
    • Pulse: Off by default. Any ability that has the "Flash" option will now have the "Pulse" option, a new feature for attracting attention.
    • Statistics: On by default. Records boss wipe/kill durations and the total amount of kills/wipes. Viewable on the individual boss panels.
    • "Only on me": Off by default. This feature is a sub-option of boss abilities that allows you to restrict messages. E.g. "Bomb: Player" will only be shown when on you.
    • Boss abilities that are restricted by role (tank/healer) are simplified, each ability has a option e.g. "Tank alert only" that can be disabled to be viewed regardless of role. In addition, a dispel role has been added.
    • Every boss ability now has customizable sounds

Bars:
    • Previously cooldown/approximate abilities were represented with a tilde "~" in the name, the tilde is now next to the countdown (which makes more sense)
    • Add font size slider
    • Performance improvements for drawing bars, cuts CPU usage by half

Misc:
    • Config panels are now separated by expansion, current expansion is colored to stick out
    • Fix issues when soloing bosses (no boss kill, etc)
    • Improvements to disabling/enabling of Big Wigs

Thone of Thunder:
    • Added modules for this new 5.2 zone

Hear of Fear/Endless Spring/Mogushan Vaults:
    • Hundreds of module improvements, can't list them all

Developers:
    • Re-wrote most API calls for simplicity
    • Re-wrote the combat log arg system
    • New API calls include StackMessage, RangeMessage, CDBar, TargetBar, Me, MobId, Range
    • Added callbacks for boss win, wipe, and engage
    • EJ flags are now represented with negative numeric values rather than strings
    • Modules can now have custom options by using the locale entries custom_on_myopion or custom_off_myoption

The latest version can be acquired from Curse, WoWInterface, WoWAce, or the Curse Client.
    https://github.com/funkydude - https://github.com/BigWigsMods
    Author of BadBoy, BasicChatMods, BigWigs, BFAInvasionTimer, SexyMap, and more...

Sweet. Thanks.

Using BigWigs gives me a smug sense of superiority over the DBM masses in my raid.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Thanks for the update! BigWigs ftw.

Deleted
    Awesome that you added the font size slider!
    Is there any option to add a border to the bars now aswell?

Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    Awesome that you added the font size slider!
    Is there any option to add a border to the bars now aswell?
    BW is generally feature-frozen for the chaos that follows a patch (sometimes daily releases). Generally 2-3 weeks after a patch is when the updates for new boss modules start to slow down at which point we can consider new features.
    Author of BadBoy, BasicChatMods, BigWigs, BFAInvasionTimer, SexyMap, and more...

For some reason many abilities from Throne of Thunder are shown only once at the start and then stop showing/being tracked or they are not shown at all. Noticed mainly tank stuff such as debuffs for switch, but not only. Is the addon just not finished, or it's just being broken on my side (updated last yesterday)?

Quote Originally Posted by Tofifi View Post
    For some reason many abilities from Throne of Thunder are shown only once at the start and then stop showing/being tracked or they are not shown at all. Noticed mainly tank stuff such as debuffs for switch, but not only. Is the addon just not finished, or it's just being broken on my side (updated last yesterday)?
    If you can let me know what boss/ability in specific you're having this issue with I can dig into it and let you know what's up. While there were a lot of differences between PTR and live, we've had several updates so far that have fixed a large amount of issues, but a few may still remain.

From the top of my head i remmember Decapitate timer on Lei Shen working only once. The stacking debuff in last phase of which i forgot the name also did not display any warning when stacks are getting high.
    Iron Qon doesnt even have Impale as an ability listen in the addon i think.
    On Twins no matter who has the add the warning message says its on me.

Besides Iron Qon, the abilities were present in the BigWigs option but for some reason did not behave properly.

Having a hard time remmbering other warning / timers not working properly but there were certainly many, as said mainly noticed debuffs stack warnings on me and the other tank not showing. I don't think I have anything set up wrong since I haven't really changed anything on the options, just updating the addon. Since T11 never had problems.
    Last edited by Tofifi; 2013-03-11 at 02:18 PM.

I want to make the transition from DBM to Bigwigs as a raider, but DBM seems like it updated more often and quicker releases on bosses. I feel like people when raiding a boss the first week or something and have bigwigs are out of luck. Maybe you could sell me on bigwigs from bigwigs users, I would definitely switch to bigwigs if there was voice integration to abilities like boss mod text to speech, if it doesn't already? Are there features that it has that DBM don't offer?
    Progression 25h raiding Mon-Thurs 9PM - 12EST http://www.twitch.tv/cantoo Unholy/Blood DK.

From the top of my head i remmember Decapitate timer on Lei Shen working only once.
    It seems like the spell id has changed since PTR, fixed in alpha channel.

The stacking debuff in last phase of which i forgot the name also did not display any warning when stacks are getting high.
    Are you talking about the unavoidable winds debuff? (Wouldn't be much point warning for that)

Iron Qon doesnt even have Impale as an ability listen in the addon i think.
    We didn't warn for this at all, fixed in alpha channel.

On Twins no matter who has the add the warning message says its on me.
    This was a logic error with tanks in specific, it worked for everyone else :P Fixed in alpha channel.

Besides Iron Qon, the abilities were present in the BigWigs option but for some reason did not behave properly.

Having a hard time remmbering other warning / timers not working properly but there were certainly many, as said mainly noticed debuffs stack warnings on me and the other tank not showing. I don't think I have anything set up wrong since I haven't really changed anything on the options, just updating the addon. Since T11 never had problems.
    Let us know if you notice other issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Cantoo View Post
    I want to make the transition from DBM to Bigwigs as a raider, but DBM seems like it updated more often and quicker releases on bosses. I feel like people when raiding a boss the first week or something and have bigwigs are out of luck. Maybe you could sell me on bigwigs from bigwigs users, I would definitely switch to bigwigs if there was voice integration to abilities like boss mod text to speech, if it doesn't already? Are there features that it has that DBM don't offer?
    This just simply isn't true on any level. We've pretty much always had content first due to having developers in end-game raiding guilds (There's a reason nearly all the movies of first-kill HC guilds you see people using BW). Since patch 5.2 we've had daily releases pushing out changes to users ASAP, DBM has had 1 release...

If you feel that daily updates aren't frequent enough for you, use Curse Client and set Big Wigs to the alpha channel. Enjoy hourly updates!

Originally Posted by Tofifi
    The stacking debuff in last phase of which i forgot the name also did not display any warning when stacks are getting high.
    Are you talking about the unavoidable winds debuff? (Wouldn't be much point warning for that)
    Yes, well warning as in [Player] has x5/x6/x7/x8 stacks of wind debuff, I am certain you have had those kind of warnings before. I didn't mean warning as in when it's about to come or something like that. And yeah I'll let you know if I notice anything else at some point.