Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Also, you can easily level 4 toons from 85-90, and barely have any quest overlaps.
    Wait what? Yeah, I don't think so. Especially if you're not running with full rested xp.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Complain complain complain complain complain complain complain whine bitch complain.

I feel like that's all people do on the forums anymore.

The leveling system in Mists is fine. If you say it took you an entire day to get to level 86 from level 85, you are playing horridly. Perhaps this becomes less of a thread about how you feel leveling is slow in Pandaria, and more about why it's taking you so long to do it?
    hahah quest elitism

"PARDON ME SIR BUT YOU ARE A TERRIBLE PLAYER FOR NOT QUESTING FAST ENOUGH"

If you aren't a DPS spec in Pandaria, you're gonna have a bad time.

Holy paladin took me forevvverrrr. My other spec was prot but only had those vendor greens so I didn't even hit any harder...

I'd be fine with the lvling pace as long as it wasn't full of shitty quests in an ugly landscape for ugly questgivers

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    Wait what? Yeah, I don't think so. Especially if you're not running with full rested xp.
    Well, then run with full rested xp. And do a few dungeons. Maybe even a few BGs.

If you try and limit yourself....then you will be limited.

Most of us play WoW for endgame (pvp, raids, etc.). The leveling process is nothing more than a burden for most people to get to the the 'real' game - especially after the first go round of 85-90.

They need to just start granting BoA XP for lvl 90 activities. Valor/Justice/Honor for alt XP, quests at 90 applying XP to alts, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    I'd be fine with the lvling pace as long as it wasn't full of shitty quests in an ugly landscape for ugly questgivers
    it would help a lot if most of the zones weren't pretty much the same landscapes

in bc at least you could go from red hellfire to blue zangarmarsh etc

Well, then run with full rested xp. And do a few dungeons. Maybe even a few BGs.

If you try and limit yourself....then you will be limited.
    nice wisdom there

but yeah people used to use AV to level until blizz nerfed it for bein 2 fast

Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    it would help a lot if most of the zones weren't pretty much the same landscapes

Except...they are not. The zones are very different in style. Are you honestly telling me The Jade Forest looks exactly the same as the Dread Wastes or Kun-Lai summit?

So far, You have called anyone who disagrees with you a brainwashed Blizzard fanboy. And now you are starting to throw out "How great BC was".

Thinly veiled trolling?

Deleted
    This is the first expansion where I found leveling to be an awesome experience.
    Sure I've done the same quests alot but I rally get immersed in it, which I didn't apart from a few cata zones.
    Usually 87 before leaving jade which gives me option of krasarang, valley or kunlai.
    Personally as some pointed out vanilla was worse for leveling, hitting 50 and running out of any quests was hell.
    Think I spent two months just killing teddy bears in a group in winter spring lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post

I agree with you on this point. The zones do blend quite a bit. Usually Blizz is pretty good a giving a very different feel to zones. I felt that they did not do such a good job in MoP. Oftem times, on a kite, I'd have to look at my minimap to know what zone I'm actually in.

Quote Originally Posted by Elysara View Post
    When I leveled from 85-90 I buckled down and focused. Knocked out quest after quest after quest. Boom, 85-86 was like a snap of the fingers, And each level followed. Maybe taking an hour at best if I got sloppy.
    Don't
    I'm going to flat out call bullshit on this. Maybe taking an hour per level? If you seriously think you can solo from 85-90 in under 5 hours, without any help from anyone else and just questing, I'd love to see a video of it.

I agree with you on this point. The zones do blend quite a bit. Usually Blizz is pretty good a giving a very different feel to zones. I felt that they did not do such a good job in MoP. Oftem times, on a kite, I'd have to look at my minimap to know what zone I'm actually in.
    I think they did it on purpose to give it more of a feel like it was a country rather than 6 zones jigsawed together that have no flow. I personally enjoyed hte Outlands design better, but I can see why they went for this design in MoP.

Except...they are not. The zones are very different in style. Are you honestly telling me The Jade Forest looks exactly the same as the Dread Wastes or Kun-Lai summit?

So far, You have called anyone who disagrees with you a brainwashed Blizzard fanboy. And now you are starting to throw out "How great BC was".

Thinly veiled trolling?
    except they are.

Thinly veiled trolling?
    no but dread wastes looks just like a recolored townlong which looks like a recolored jade
    but to be fair, netherstorm looked like a recolored smv which looked like a recolored hellfire

If it takes you all day to get 1 level, then you are leveling quite inefficiently.

Also, you can easily level 4 toons from 85-90, and barely have any quest overlaps.

I don't see any reason to speed up the "already very very fast" 85-90 process.
    What a load.

I hate to admit it, I kinda agree with the OP. No, I love the zones and there's enough to do that you don't have to quest over and over again the same places (unlike Deepholm in Cata), but it takes awhile. And since my support alts have already max professions and can get access to 90+% of what I need them to at 86/87, there's no real motivation to level them until the xp nerf takes place.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 01:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by peachtree View Post
    no but dread wastes looks just like a recolored townlong
    To be fair, that's deliberate.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    I actually enjoyed 85-90 the second time (only 2 90s so far). Jade Forest was quite fast, 86-87 allowed me to quest in a different zone than on the first char (and I'm gonna skip Vot4W on all future chars, Krasarang is just more fun for me). Kun-Lai was the only one that I disliked, but Townlong Steppes and Dread Wastes gave me rep with Shado-Pan and Klaxxi (Shado-Pan halfway through Honored and Klaxxi even to Revered, with their respective commendations of course) therefore removing the need for a lot of dailies at 90, thus not taking any time at all...

The speed for me isn't so much the problem as all the quests are boring as hell. I didn't sign up for this to chase Wrynn's stupid kid all over the place only for him to peace out on me when I finally find him, or to get ratbunnies off some stupid panda's farm, or to sift through yeti turds and catch yaks. Dread Wastes was literally the only zone I didn't mind out of all of them, but everyone else apparently hates it so i'm "wrong".

Before anyone says "do dungeons or BG's", both of those are horrible time investments. Dungeons wont even give you one bar of exp and BG's only give you anything substantial if you win.
    Last edited by Kokiron; 2013-03-05 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by peachtree View Post
    hahah quest elitism

"PARDON ME SIR BUT YOU ARE A TERRIBLE PLAYER FOR NOT QUESTING FAST ENOUGH"
    If it takes you an entire DAY to get from 85 to 86, you are retarded. There's not elitism here. It's just fact.

You don't even need to finish 75% of Jade Forest UNRESTED to get the level.