Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Not surprising at all. The only thing that continues to surprise me is that they feel the need to give out times that they NEVER EVER meet on patch days. I'll take a guess at two more extensions for 3 hours totaling 5 hours past their original scheduled time of 11a pst....so 4p pst.

10+ Year Old Account
    shock and awe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revak View Post
    Not surprising at all. The only thing that continues to surprise me is that they feel the need to give out times that they NEVER EVER meet on patch days. I'll take a guess at two more extensions for 3 hours totaling 5 hours past their original scheduled time of 11a pst....so 4p pst.
    it will most likely go to 5pst, so it will be 7pm cst, 8est.

Quote Originally Posted by Revak View Post
    If it's anything like almost every other major patch they've put out - the servers may come up at 1 PST - but they'll be up and down like a toilet seat in a coed dorm until 4PST

Lets be happy that they actually announced it this time 20 or so minutes prior to it being 11. Lets also be happy that they said they'd expect them to be up by 1 p.m. PST; instead of every hour there is a new post for the next hour bullshit.

They do it early and extend it to a much further out time, and people still can't be happy. Holy fuck my brain hurts....

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    Plus, everything needed for Mists was patched into the game with Patch 5.0. Even though it was weeks before Mists launched, all the content was already in the game. We just couldn't access it. So when midnight hit, Blizzard ran the routine that activated the intro quests and BAM expansion is live.

---------- Post added 2013-03-05 at 11:14 AM ----------

Right before TBC released, all the realms went through a 48hr maintenance. The only thing that made that slightly less annoying is that they did it in waves so there were always at least some realms up.
    There was also one sometime during Wrath where the servers weren't up til nearly midnight CST. Can't remember which one exactly but it hasn't been uncommon for the first night of raiding to not be started until late at night.

At least now though, once they come up you are in good shape for a while. I remember back in Vanilla and TBC they would come up, and then you would have constant world server and instance crashes, sometimes bad enough that they had to restart. The old stuck in the BG bug once it was finished was always a blast too.

For europe blizzard is saying servers will be up by 11AM, usually it is 1PM. Would be funny if they extend EU maintenance by 3 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    There was also one sometime during Wrath where the servers weren't up til nearly midnight CST. Can't remember which one exactly but it hasn't been uncommon for the first night of raiding to not be started until late at night.
    I think that might have been 3.2. I don't remember exactly but patch day for 3.2 was absolute hell. The maintenance times were ridiculous and even once we got into the game there were bugs all over the place for at least a few days if not a week =3

Man U vs. Real Madrid about to start. At least theres something to watch while i wait.

Deleted
    For those who think wow maintenance isn't any good just go play SWTOR (day-long maintenances that don't fix anything, maintenances many times a week and so forth, 0 communication on the status of realms with realm status page never up to date, I think I waited more in front of the login screen than I actually played the damn game)
    I can guarantee you you'll never complain again as indeed Blizzard is miles ahead of the competition on this point.

inb4 "We expect realms to be up and playable by 8pm PST"

I really don't understand why blizzard doesn't just extend the maintenance from the get go.

Instead they say 11... which they know is not going to happen, because not once has that happened..

blizz = monkeys

All complaining aside, I don't understand why they can't ever accurately say when servers will be back up for a major patch like this. I don't ever expect the servers to be up at 11, so my question becomes "Do they expect the servers to be up at 11, or do they intentionally deceive us for some unknown reason?"

Thankfully Atlantic time Canada means ill be getting home from work as servers are coming back up. It kinda works perfect for me every time!
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by Malakath View Post
    it will most likely go to 5pst, so it will be 7pm cst, 8est.
    Im betting more of a 3pm pst.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Deleted
    if it's only 1PM then it's better then some other patches.
    but everyone saw an extention coming

I expected things would be down til 3, possibly 5 my time. So I planned my day and errands around that. Wow typing that out now makes me feel oh so nerdy, It sounded better in my head :P

And then tomorrow when we can log in, no one will remember today or why we were upset :P

i can not even get to login screen anyone else having this problem or is it just me

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    And then tomorrow when we can log in, no one will remember today or why we were upset :P
    It will just be a fun memory of when we were so excited for a patch we were checking every hour to see if realms were up! =D
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!