Deleted
    Corrected rppm would be :

• arcane : 0.89798 rppm
    • fire : 0.35636 rppm
    • frost : 1.60126 rrpm

So with 1.6 rppm for Frost mage, it will be an haste feast. Someone on the Class balance thread have say that the use Legendary Meta to do class balance. Why not.

When SimC would be ready, I would test it. Because now, I think that it can change a lot of things. With 26% expected uptime (10s duration), we will be a lot of time far beyond haste cap. I feel that haste values will drop if comparing T15H with and without the metagem.

Another effect would be that Frost Dps will be far better. We can expect to be around Fire and Arcane at the end of the patch.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Devaluing haste is something I've known was coming. One of the later PTR builds for SimC was showing crit > haste, at least in my own gear. I'm going to have to play around with it when I have some spare time and set up some new info and general stat weights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathyiel View Post
    Corrected rppm would be :

• arcane : 0.89798 rppm
    • fire : 0.35636 rppm
    • frost : 1.60126 rrpm
    I have the same results for arcane and fire, but frost is still 1.63666 RPPM for me. Did I overlooked something?

It seems like we are balanced around T15 4 piece and the legendary. Does anyone have an idea, when we can get our hands on Sinister at the earliest? I´m really looking forward to updated Simcraft modules.
    Last edited by mmocc7076034c2; 2013-03-05 at 10:27 AM.

So is Haste still the best second stat now that the DoT is gone?

Depends on your gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by citizenpete View Post
    I have the same results for arcane and fire, but frost is still 1.63666 RPPM for me. Did I overlooked something?

It seems like we are balanced around T15 4 piece and the legendary. Does anyone have an idea, when we can get our hands on Sinister at the earliest? I´m really looking forward to updated Simcraft modules.
    They don't really have a choice, do they? If they don't take those two into account, things get bonkers once you get them.

As for the Meta, we're probably looking at a good month or two with all the stuff needed.

Has anyone looked at the dps on....

t14 H 2/2 upgraded vs t15 normal?

The bonuses of t14 seem stronger when looking at them, though not sure if they beat out the loss of stats on the 5 IL upgrades.

I currently have 3/4 heroic and 5/8 possibly upgraded and curious if I should go for t15 normal or stay with what I have till t15 heroic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sef24 View Post
    Has anyone looked at the dps on....

t14 H 2/2 upgraded vs t15 normal?

The bonuses of t14 seem stronger when looking at them, though not sure if they beat out the loss of stats on the 5 IL upgrades.

I currently have 3/4 heroic and 5/8 possibly upgraded and curious if I should go for t15 normal or stay with what I have till t15 heroic.
    I think it will probably be best to go from T14 4 set to both 2 set bonuses. Considering how close the frost secondary stats are the T15 2 set bonus is pretty good.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    I think it will probably be best to go from T14 4 set to both 2 set bonuses. Considering how close the frost secondary stats are the T15 2 set bonus is pretty good.
    You may be right considering I'm not fully heroic/upgraded.

But then again I guess it would depend on how many more procs 6% gives me vs the 12% raw damage.

8.3 ice lances = an extra proc of a full normal Icelance from the 6%.

Not quite sure how many more procs I would get on the t15 4p. Also taking the loss of stats as well
    Last edited by sef24; 2013-03-05 at 10:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Depends on your gear.

They don't really have a choice, do they? If they don't take those two into account, things get bonkers once you get them.

As for the Meta, we're probably looking at a good month or two with all the stuff needed.
    Well that is not good for me, because we hope to down the last heroic boss in 6 - 8 weeks : /

Deleted
    The change of tier piece can be made by going to 2T14/2T15 with 2T15 "big gear" (not hands). but, as soon as you have 4 pieces, go to T15.
    Except if you loose too mush iLevel

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone have any suggestions as to what trinkets I should use?

I have Volatile talisman of the shado-pan assault, 484 RoY and 504 EoT to pick from.

VTotSA+EoT with hero, frost armor and the haste raid buff puts me at 108% haste but thats only during hero and the trinkets don't seem to line up very often.

I'm using frost bomb so even with just VTotSA+raid buff+frost armour I'm hitting the 50% haste cap for it.

Pretty much what I'm asking is what trinket combo to use and do I need to swap to nt to use it?
    Last edited by jtmzac; 2013-03-06 at 09:22 AM.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Deleted
    My through on this:
    The number of fight with Cleave and the crit scaling near haste, all of this make me think that it can be a good idea to reach Crit cap first, after a certain amount of haste (around 40% raid buff). With this, haste trinket is still interesting, especially for fast debuffing.

For NT versus FB, even after 50%, Frostbolt is still beneficing from haste. More haste = more BF-FFB !!!!!

Deleted
    Guys i need your help. Im new to frost as my main always been arcane. Now i cant get crit 23% with my 504 gear.... Should i use pure crit gems to cap it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Elenica View Post
    Guys i need your help. Im new to frost as my main always been arcane. Now i cant get crit 23% with my 504 gear.... Should i use pure crit gems to cap it ?
    Haste should be more valuable than the crit cap for frost

Deleted
    Ehh so what minimum crit then i should have... i cant get 23% + arcane brilliance 5% .

Quote Originally Posted by Elenica View Post
    Ehh so what minimum crit then i should have... i cant get 23% + arcane brilliance 5% .
    Haste > Crit still. Don't focus on crit. There is no minimum crit.

Deleted
    Tyvm <3

Kind of conflicted with trinkets as well.

I just picked up Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault. In my bags I also have Relic of Yu'lon, Light of the Cosmos, and Essence of Terror (non were upgraded). Simply put, trying to figure out which is the best combination. Obviously Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault is a given, its the other 3 which I'm undecided on.

AMR is telling me Relic of Yu'lon and Shado-Pan Assault. But I'm thinking EoT might be better than Relic/LotC even though its poor ICD and lining it up with AT burst. Anyone have any insight which might be best for me?

Edit:
    Just ran simc with shado-pan assault + other trinkets. Seems RoY and Shado-Pan sims out the best. The double dipping on the int seems really good even though not upgraded. Anyone else any thoughts?
    Last edited by aycheff; 2013-03-06 at 06:46 PM.

Deleted
    just go with Relic of Yulong

Deleted
    Played yesterday a few ToT bosses with Int > Haste > Crit >> Mastery

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-roh93wptztnteyr4/

But I did some tests on dummies with Int > Crit (28% exactly) > Haste >> Mastery and it looked like the same (only 5 min parses).

Im curious, if somebody tried raiding with crit cap instead of haste?
    Also still thinking about the Volatile Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault. It shares the same cooldown with LotC and shouldn´t be that painful if you starting fight with bloodlust and should be able to string together with T14 4P (2x 45s ICD). Did someone tested that trinket as frost?