Possible fix for Adobe Air Crashes - related to lolreplay

Ladies,

Since (a) recent patch(es), I've been having issues with LoL. The client kept crashing on Adobe Air whenever I came out of a game and tried to access my profile and I couldn't figure out the reason for it. Repaired the client a few times and even reinstalled to no avail. Now, I knew about this fix a few days ago, but I couldn't post due to overzealous mods, but since I'm back, I'll inform you nonetheless.

The issue probably lies with the fact that LoL uses its own Adobe Air client. The difference is probably minimal compared to the official Adobe Air Client, but lies in the fact that if you run multiple Adobe Air applications, the DLL's might get mixed up and try to access memory locations that either of the DLL's already has in use.

I didnt find out what caused the actual error, until I had my laptop (which has Visual Studio) debug the error and it returned an access denied on a memory location within the file "Air.dll". After some research, I found out that LoL does not use any "Air.dll", but LOLREPLAY does. So I went and took the "Adobe Air.dll" from the LoL Client ( [installdir]\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_air_client\releases\0.0.0.247\deploy\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0\) and placed it in the LOLReplay directory. I then made a back-up of "Air.dll" and renamed "Adobe Air.dll" to "Air.dll".

Since then, no more issues. So if you are using LOLREPLAY and experience such errors, perhaps this will help you out. Not to mention that it is possible that other Adobe Air applications could potentially cause the same problems. So anyways, just a headsup.

Edit: I should mention that my OP seems to create some side-effects on LoLreplay, which isn't entirely unexpected, since both lol and replay use their own and possibly custom DLL's, so I would in hindsight, not recommend using it.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2013-03-06 at 04:56 PM.

No idea if lol replay uses the newest adobe air client but lol doesn't (it doesn't update automatically). You have to update your adobe air client for LoL yourself.

For more information and how to do it head over to reddit

If lolreplay doesn't update either I'd suggest updating both.

Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    No idea if lol replay uses the newest adobe air client but lol doesn't (it doesn't update automatically). You have to update your adobe air client for LoL yourself.

For more information and how to do it head over to reddit

If lolreplay doesn't update either I'd suggest updating both.
    I think you mean something I didn't mean :P The info you posted is known to me, but is only related to security.

If you update the client for lol you get less crashes as well with the bonus of added security (which counts for both programms)

=> update both and have less problems

Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    If you update the client for lol you get less crashes as well with the bonus of added security (which counts for both programms)

=> update both and have less problems
    As soon as I started getting crashes I explored the updates and applied the most recent air version to the installation, but that didn't cut it. I'm not saying updating is bad, I'm just saying, it's not a fix for me. LeagueReplays is causing some issues with Air, which causes the client to crash on quite exact moments actually.

I appreciate the help, but as I said, you're talking about different issues.

Edit: I should mention that my OP seems to create some side-effects on LoLreplay, which isn't entirely unexpected, since both lol and replay use their own and possibly custom DLL's, so I would in hindsight, not recommend using it.

Deleted
    Saw this topic, shut down lolreplay. Suddenly there were no more crashes
    It had been annoying me and i was going to check if there were reports/fixes on the issue but you spared me the effort. Thank you muchly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenhou View Post
    Saw this topic, shut down lolreplay. Suddenly there were no more crashes
    It had been annoying me and i was going to check if there were reports/fixes on the issue but you spared me the effort. Thank you muchly.
    I'm happy you got an idea of the origin at least. Shutting it down is, for now, a workaround/fix.