Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by damescool View Post
    it appears GC reverted the frost buffs yet again. if i read this correctly? most recent as of noon today: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...3#post20410633

i wonder wth the end result will be.

Death Knight (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Death Siphon now heals for 150% of the damage dealt (was 100%).
    Scourge Strike now deals 3.8% more damage.
    Frost and Unholy Tier-14 2-piece set bonus has been reduced to 4% (was 10%) increased damage on Frost Strike, Obliterate, and Scourge Strike
    The patch notes have not yet been updated with the latest changes, you're looking at old notes.

That aside, it would not have made any sense to buff Frost because it was too far behind Unholy, and then revert the buffs a few hours later.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

my apologies, i realize now, that those notes were in fact not updated. gc just made a blue post explaining his reasoning behind buffing frost and not unholy as well as other classes.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...?page=121#2402
    Last edited by damescool; 2013-03-05 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Simcraft/raidbots is all we have to go on, I am not sure why they disown that data when it's brought up to them.
    Because of the way in which they are used to support arguments.

There is a way to use SimC properly. There is a way to use Raidbots properly. But you have to know what they're telling you. If you pick off a number, and throw that number to GC, you are wasting his time and he is fully correct to dismiss your claim. This is the most common usage and is also the incorrect usage.

I have posted my remarks on this in another thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post20415632

Quote Originally Posted by valliant13 View Post
    Everything I saw said unholy was still in the gutter and frost was still ahead. so, either the sim stuff ive read on EJ and this very site is way off or people are posting completely inaccurate sim logs.
    WoL from PTR fights doesn't support the claim that Unholy < Frost barring gimmicks, and SimC's Unholy profile is not working correctly. Sure, there's not a landslide difference, though. Don't just look at data that is given to you. Analyze the data that is given to you, and seek other data to validate that which is given to you. Personally, I think Blizzard went a little over the top with this latest round of buffs for Frost.

While I will readily admit that I have not posted my sim's DPS for the specs in a while, my sim was showing Unholy > Frost before this round of buffs, not that that itself makes my sim correct or anything, nor that you should have known what my sim said somehow either.
    "I have it all simmed."
    Euliat

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Not on official notes yet but taken from http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-iii/#post2169

#2280 - 2013/03/05 02:40:00 AM
    Recent DPS Tweaks

- Might of the Frozen Wastes includes melee damage by 20%, up from 15%.
    - Icy Talons increases attack speed by 30%, up from 25%.
    - Threat of Thassarian now increases Frost Strike damage by 50%, up from 40%.
    Would consider it as "official" when it's Ghostcrawler himself posting it

Do you have logs from PTR showing unholy ahead of frost? When I wasn't lagging like crazy I didn't see this, and it didn't take gimmicks for frost to pull quite far ahead, it just took normal mechanics that Unholy has a harder time dealing with.

Quote Originally Posted by broodax View Post
    Do you have logs from PTR showing unholy ahead of frost? When I wasn't lagging like crazy I didn't see this, and it didn't take gimmicks for frost to pull quite far ahead, it just took normal mechanics that Unholy has a harder time dealing with.
    you need to kill the boss for compared unholy and frost because unholy in execute phase is way better than frost.

It appears the tooltips on Live aren't updated with the 5.2 patch. Shame.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

If they're hotfix changes, they will require another client-side patch to change tooltips. Are the changes live, though? Is icy talons 30%, etc? I'm still at work so I can't check.

So far it seems to be, with my Elvui unitframes, it's showing me at 62.04% haste, and pre-patch I was at 55.64%

I assume that the Icy Talons attack speed is folded into the haste tooltip, but isn't actual haste.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

The total haste value can be tricky. Best way to tell is to look at your haste tooltip and check the amount of haste from gear. Lets say it's 9.74%. Then your weapon's attack baseline speed, lets say 3.6s, and your actual attack speed in the tooltip.

3.6 / 1.0974 = 3.28s

This is your base weapon speed. Then you do icy talons.

If Icy Talons is 25%, your weapon attacks at 2.62s.
    3.28 / 1.25 = 2.62s

If Icy Talons is 30%, 2.52s.
    3.28 / 1.30 = 2.52s

I've got a 3.6 weapon and with +17.85% haste from gear, I'm at a 2.22 swing timer. So, it appears to be active at 30%, I think? I need more coffee before I can math. xD
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Melee_Haste = (1 + (Haste_Rating/425)/100) * (1 + Icy_Talons) * (1 + Unholy_Aura) + ... + (1 + whatever_buff)

Turn %'s into decimals in all cases.

Swing_Speed = Base_Speed / Melee_Haste

It is very likely that anything they consider to be "true" haste is something that also affects rune regeneration timers. Tooltips aren't always clear on this distinction, but I bet that's the underlying mechanic.
    "I have it all simmed."
    Euliat

Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post
    I've got a 3.6 weapon and with +17.85% haste from gear, I'm at a 2.22 swing timer.
    3.6 / 1.1785 (haste from gear) = 3.06s

3.06 / 1.1 (unholy aura, forgot it in my prev post) = 2.78s

2.78s / 1.25 (25% icy talons) = 2.22s

So icy talons is live at 25%, not 30%. Most likely the other buffs from GC's recent post are also not yet active either. Hopefully we'll get a hotfix soon.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2013-03-05 at 11:31 PM.

The rolling restarts appeared to have adjusted it, after my realm came back up I was at 2.11 attack speed, down from 2.20 with 18.80% haste from gear.

So, the 30% is live.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Deleted
    - Might of the Frozen Wastes -15 %
    - Icy Talons - 25%.
    - Threat of Thassariann - 40%.

So we didn't get buff what GC said..

I'm interested to see how things played out for everyone yesterday. Our logs, which are unfortunately private, show Unholy and Frost being almost exactly equal on single targets, which is what all of the public data showed they should have been before the last minute buff to Frost.

However, the buff to Frost appears to have NOT been in place, it was only rolled out during the restarts this morning.

This would indicate that the public data was right, and that we will now see Frost far ahead of Unholy after the buffs. If anyone has any evidence either way - please share.

Quote Originally Posted by kryszy View Post
    - Might of the Frozen Wastes -15 %
    - Icy Talons - 25%.
    - Threat of Thassariann - 40%.

So we didn't get buff what GC said..
    yes, just outdated tooltip.

Did the tooltip change in the US after the rolling restarts?

No, tooltip is still 15/25% for MOTFW and Icy Talons. Hotfix, yo.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Cool, happy to see it go in so quickly.