Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The priests and effusions seem to be nuking down our raid, which is strange considering we have 3 dps on interrupts, haven't even managed to live more than a minute into Drakkari.

Well, my guild is an 8/16 HC guild from t14...maybe not a great guild but with an average ilvl of around 500, I was pretty certain we would be quite good up til around the halfway point of the instance. Jin'Rokh was extremely unimpressive in terms of the requirements to kill him, we killed him shortly after the second pool, I really feel like it should have been tuned a little tighter, proper healer cd rotations during the heavy damage part and that's all you really need to bring him down. Any 16/16 normal guild should be able to do this easily.

Horridon, on the contrary, was tuned *very* heavily by comparison, as in a good 15-20 ilvls higher than the first boss, which is huge. I don't think it's hard at all, mechanically speaking, there are a few intense moments but most of those are due to a shitload of adds and it's really the insane amount of adds that caused us to fall behind. I won't say I don't think my guild can do it but we're going to have to use lust on the third door after succesfully getting through the second door which seems to be the breaking point.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2013-03-06 at 05:44 AM.

In 10 man do the Priests spawn in intervals? In 25 we're noticing 1 priest go out initially, and then 2 additional priests spawn simultaneously. My understanding was that the priests should spawn only 1 at a time.

Don't think so, in 10M we've been getting it the same way, and we're getting overwhelmed like fucking crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    Don't think so, in 10M we've been getting it the same way, and we're getting overwhelmed like fucking crazy.
    We simply must have been mistaken.

I imagine with a Mistweaver Monk that this fight could be easy to blow through utilizing revival, however without one it's really rough. We eventually decided to blow Bloodlust to make sure to burn the priests and such down quickly - though still w/o effective interrupts we're finding 4-6 stacks rolling on the raid. Dealing with that for a solid minute is nuts, especially if baddies stand in poo.

Quote Originally Posted by DanKMess View Post
    In 10 man do the Priests spawn in intervals? In 25 we're noticing 1 priest go out initially, and then 2 additional priests spawn simultaneously. My understanding was that the priests should spawn only 1 at a time.
    Yeah. We get one, then we get two that spawn together pretty much right as the same time maybe 20 seconds later. I'm not sure if it's 1 or 2 that spawn the third time, but nonetheless, it's the fact that adds seem to be doubling up on spawns that seems to screw us over. The first door seems well tuned, the second and third require *vast* more amount of dps and dispelling and the like to even try and keep up. I'm pretty sure that the amount of adds spawning in 10 man at least is an oops on Blizzard's behalf and is actually not intended for live. Blizzard said any guild that wasn't done with normals would have trouble after the third boss...this is the second, there is no way in all hell any guild that hasn't killed sha on normal will even make it to the second door, nevermind kill the boss, and I'm in a 8/16 HC guild that is having problems.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2013-03-06 at 06:35 AM.

I agree, 10M is really, really difficult to handle. We're probably going to have to blow hero and hope it carries over a bit to the Drakkari door as well. 25s with priests/mw monks will probably find the fight much easier.

It took our guild 3 pulls to kill This one on 10m. If you think this fight is too hard, try council, now THERES a fight way overtuned on 10m

I do not think the number off adds is the problem, its the amount of dispelling that is needed. If the damage taken from those debuffs is lower / not as many go out it would actually be a lot easier.
    Last edited by swagfu; 2013-03-06 at 05:51 AM.

My guild just got it down, after about 13 wipes, and found that it is key to interrupt the priests on the 2nd door, so they do not do the poison volley, and we also popped heroism on the third door, as that was where we were falling a little behind. If you have a druid and pally, make sure the pally gets symbiosis, as that gives your druid, if it is resto, a 2nd dispel. Good Luck!
    Last edited by Starfyer; 2013-03-06 at 06:04 AM.

It was definitely harder than the first boss, but wasn't too bad. We dropped a healer and it was a lot easier.

Easy is NOT better. Bosses shouldn't just roll over and die in the first couple of attempts (like Jin'rokh... lol). They should be tight encounters, well tuned, even taking a few hours to optimize a strategy and execute.... at least that's what i think about it.

He isn't overtuned at all. Figure out your positioning, and priorities of which adds to kills first and it becomes a joke.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblecrush View Post
    -clicks armory
    -16/16h guild being disingenuous about normal tuning. again.
    Why should normals be faceroll, for everyone? I like the fact that you actually have to work to get further into the Throne.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did it get harder since PTR testing? We toppled it relatively easy there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumblecrush View Post
    Come back when you can make a post without strawmen and hyperbole
    What exactly is it you find "strawman" or "hyperbole" about his statement, it's perfectly acceptable that normal isn't a complete walkover for everyone and their granny!

For 25m dispel on cooldown. Anyone and everyone who has a dispel should use them. Overturned? Naa

We cleared 3 boss's tonight, overall the bridge boss was beast. I'm not sure what blizz was thinking with that trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    What exactly is it you find "strawman" or "hyperbole" about his statement, it's perfectly acceptable that normal isn't a complete walkover for everyone and their granny!
    It's stone guards all over again. Not saying stone guards was hard, but big deal of people struggled with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthvador View Post
    not sure if Horridon is overtuned or its just the first boss wich is undertuned , we managed to kill first boss in under than 15minutes but wiped for 3 hours on horridon , cant get past 3rd gate (ice troll) too many disease '' priest / druid with symbiosis on pally'' still not enought to cleanse all disease but ... the trash before Horridon is horrible
    Our guild went through basically the exact situation with Jin'Rokh going down on the 2nd try and 3 hours of wipes on Horridon. I've seen the same complaints going on in trade as well. I assume this is the case for most mid level guilds everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    You question a statement nobody made and try to counter an argument that doesn't exist outside of your head. Nobody said they wanted bosses to be faceroll. You know that, but you're just trying to flamebait.

Please don't fight with other users in the forum it makes yourself look bad too, just ignore the person, everyone doesn't want to read your little huff-Azshira
    Last edited by Azshira; 2013-03-06 at 10:27 AM.