Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Shado-Pan Assault Rep from Trash

How far can one get with trash rep for the Shado-Pan Assault? I'm hearing conflicting reports of trash only giving 2999/3000, some people saying you can go all the way to friendly, etc. I basically wanted to know if its possible for me to hit friendly today without killing any bosses, so I can buy some new valor gear right away. Would putting together a smallish trash farm group to get to friendly quickly before I raid be worthwhile?

Also, if it is only 2999/3000, are there any quests that can push you over, say a breadcrumb quest or something? Delaying handing in a quest before I hit 2999/3000 would be worth it for me if such a quest existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadinar View Post
    How far can one get with trash rep for the Shado-Pan Assault? I'm hearing conflicting reports of trash only giving 2999/3000, some people saying you can go all the way to friendly, etc. I basically wanted to know if its possible for me to hit friendly today without killing any bosses, so I can buy some new valor gear right away. Would putting together a smallish trash farm group to get to friendly quickly before I raid be worthwhile?

Also, if it is only 2999/3000, are there any quests that can push you over, say a breadcrumb quest or something? Delaying handing in a quest before I hit 2999/3000 would be worth it for me if such a quest existed.
    1. Trash Reputation caps at 2999/3000 Neutral
    2. There are ways to get Reputation outside of boss kills but it requires grinding the rare summoning stones from the rares on the island.
    3. Chances are you won't get enough stones day one so best bet is to kill bosses.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2013-03-05 at 08:20 PM.

Trash till 2999/3000 then kill the first boss no problem.

Deleted
    How long does it take to reach 2999/3000 by farming trash?

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    How long does it take to reach 2999/3000 by farming trash?
    Not very long. Took me around 2 hours.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob6875 View Post
    Not very long. Took me around 2 hours.
    Took my raid 20 minutes >.>

Also you can just get to 2999/3000 and turn in a quest that gives you rep then you win.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Took my raid 20 minutes >.>

Also you can just get to 2999/3000 and turn in a quest that gives you rep then you win.
    EU player here, and I'm trying to plan how to get to friendly ASAP while serveres are still down here.

What quest are you talking about? Can you get that Quest - farm to 2999/3000 and then turn in to get in to friendly?

Can anyone give some information on how much rep. 1 boss kill gives

Quote Originally Posted by Meyer View Post
    EU player here, and I'm trying to plan how to get to friendly ASAP while serveres are still down here.

What quest are you talking about? Can you get that Quest - farm to 2999/3000 and then turn in to get in to friendly?

Can anyone give some information on how much rep. 1 boss kill gives
    Yes you can do that and one boss kill gives 300 rep.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Yes you can do that and one boss kill gives 300 rep.
    TY for sharing & fast response

I farmed trash 'til 2999/3000 then did the solo treasure scenario. The Shado Pan Assault insignia should work, as well.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Are there any quests that don't rely on rare drops?

I honestly don't know, but there are a couple quests. One being http://www.wowhead.com/quest=32707 and each subsequent quest. I got all 3 of the things in no time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I farmed trash 'til 2999/3000 then did the solo treasure scenario. The Shado Pan Assault insignia should work, as well.
    Hmm did this take you above 2999? In that case it should be standard op for most in our guild who is casual and not going to kill anything until lfr.

Quote Originally Posted by joruu View Post
    Hmm did this take you above 2999? In that case it should be standard op for most in our guild who is casual and not going to kill anything until lfr.
    Yes, I got 3000+ rep before I killed any bosses.

Deleted
    Damn you fast Tehstool, tnx for that!

Was there confirmation from a Blue that LFR trash won't give rep? I thought I saw it, but now I can't find it.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

I can confirm the Shado-Pan Assault Insignia also takes you above 2999

Indeed, thanks for the help. I was able to snag a trinket today before we even hit the raid(I'm in a weekend guild). I just did my dailies after I farmed my rep in the raid, and the insignia I got from after the dailies pushed me from 2999/3000 into friendly.

Also, to anyone wanting to farm the trash, getting a guild banner and the top hat from the DMF can bump rep gains to ~40 per kill, meaning it should only take 5 resets to get to 2999. If you position the banner in the right spot(right under the first set of stairs) and you pull the groups back, you can use 1 banner for the whole trash set.

Deleted
    I cannot find any information on how you get a hold of the shado-pan assault insignia. Can anyone please enlighten me?

Edit: Seems like it's a random drop from the "Arcane Trove" container you get by doing dailies as Alliance.
    Last edited by mmocbef6ecff2f; 2013-03-06 at 05:23 PM.

It has a very high(maybe 100%?) drop rate from the Sunreaver Bounty(or alliance equivalent) that is earned when you finish the last daily on the Isle of Thunder. Just like how Golden Lotus would give you a little goody bag when you finished the set of dailies, the Isle of Thunder dailies does the same thing which gives rep.