Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

I think it's fuckin stupid that they chose to go this route.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    I think it's fuckin stupid that they chose to go this route.
    I agree, the challenge should have been the difficulty of the quests themselves, not getting the item from a very low drop rate and grinding.

does anyone know if the item can be traded or sold to other warlocks?

Quote Originally Posted by login View Post
    I agree, the challenge should have been the difficulty of the quests themselves, not getting the item from a very low drop rate and grinding.

does anyone know if the item can be traded or sold to other warlocks?
    Really? Because the final boss of the questline was incredibly difficult on the PTR and people spent most of the feedback yelling that it was completely unacceptable that the quests were difficult at all. Believe me, if the item had been looted by all of us already and we were all wiping on the final boss, we would just be complaining about that instead.

has there been any confirmation on the tome dropping from trash mobs? because it seems like its only dropping from rare spawns.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    So far, only see it dropping from Haywire and Ku'Lai.
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)

-Unretired as of the launch of 6.0! Currently guild shopping. Need a good Warlock? I need a good home!

Quote Originally Posted by Medieve View Post
    So far, only see it dropping from Haywire and Ku'Lai.
    I got mine for Mumta.

Not to ask stupid questions but I've been farming all day and I want to make sure I'm not disqualifying myself from getting the drop.

Can you be in a raid group for killing the rares and still receive the tome?

I have issues looting the rares and have to relog to see the loot 90% of the time. Could this be an issue? Everyone else in the raid seems to get the Ritual Stones and after relogging all I get is the Valor tome.

Sorry if these sound stupid but for my own sanity I just want to make sure I'm not screwing myself over for the rest of the grind.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Irreg View Post
    Not to ask stupid questions but I've been farming all day and I want to make sure I'm not disqualifying myself from getting the drop.

Can you be in a raid group for killing the rares and still receive the tome?

I have issues looting the rares and have to relog to see the loot 90% of the time. Could this be an issue? Everyone else in the raid seems to get the Ritual Stones and after relogging all I get is the Valor tome.

Sorry if these sound stupid but for my own sanity I just want to make sure I'm not screwing myself over for the rest of the grind.

Thanks!
    I don't think being in a raid group would affect the item drop since it is not a item for a quest but an item that gives you a quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    To clarify a few things. The tomes only drop off the current 5 rare spawns. Low drop rate. DO NOT have to be in a raid. You just need to faction tag it. Everyone has their own separate loot tables so it's up to your own RNG. It seems that currently only warlocks can loot the tome but it can be sold and traded. I was able to put mine on the AH. Farmed for a good 4 hours and had close to 30+ kills I wanna say. Had a rare spawn raid of 20 or so people, 3 warlocks got tomes before me, one tome per warlock at a time. Good luck hunting! It's really not that bad to farm.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

What are you guys using to find the rare spawns? Is NPCScan any good? Or anything else I should know about that addon to tweak it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Rare elite guide: http://www.wowhead.com/guide=1132/ra...er-rare-elites

5 rare spawns atm. Join a rare spawn raid or group and have everyone spread out to all 5 spawn locations. When the mobs body disappears expect a respawn in 1-5 minutes. If they call out that the mob has despawned that should give you enough time to head that way.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    JUICE
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

Quote Originally Posted by Palmz View Post
    Rare elite guide: http://www.wowhead.com/guide=1132/ra...er-rare-elites

5 rare spawns atm. Join a rare spawn raid or group and have everyone spread out to all 5 spawn locations. When the mobs body disappears expect a respawn in 1-5 minutes. If they call out that the mob has despawned that should give you enough time to head that way.
    so then you know for a fact that it doesn't drop from trash mobs? only rare spawns?

Where is this green fire?

Am I missing something? I'm destruction and see only orange.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noo View Post
    Am I missing something? I'm destruction and see only orange.
    You need an item to start a questline. It supposedly drops from the rare elites on the Isle of Thunder.

How do you kill Kanrethrad?

Seriously, he has been absolutely wrecking my shit for the past probably 8 hours. I'm not some well-geared warlock or anything, but I find it difficult to believe Blizzard would intentionally put a stop-gap that requires Heroic-Raid gear to overcome, in addition to the most complicated encounter I've even seen in the game (and I've seen a lot of stuff, my friend).

I don't feel proud admitting this, but... I would happily exploit any kind of flaw in the encounter to down this guy. I absolutely want the Green-Fire, but after spending thousands in repairs-bills and so many hours, I just want to be able to beat this son of a bitch and put the whole ordeal behind me.

Any suggestions? Tips? Advice?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what you need first: http://www.wowhead.com/item=92426
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

Well I havent done him myself yet, but this vid might be of some help?

youtube.com /watch?v=_LofhqUkXY8

this is freaking ridiculous, I've killed all 5 rare spawns at least 10 times each and nothing.....F*%$K YOU BLIZZ!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel your pain, Claymore. I've been stuck on him for a while now as well. Best I've managed to do is get him down to about 80%. I'm running the fight as destruction due to the massive self-healing of Ember Tap and the overflow of Embers when he summons the imps. Best I can tell you is burst him down as much as possible at the start before the Pit Lord comes out and as soon as he comes, enslave him. Use his charge to interrupt Cataclysm and Chaos Bolt whenever you can and use the fire breath when the imps come out. You've got to make sure you're not getting tunnel vision though, cause that's what has been killing me. I start focusing too much on my damage output or healing myself that I don't see when he's casting something, usually the Chaos Bolt, and I get insta-gibbed. It's supposed to be a very long and extremely difficult fight, so just keep at it and you'll get it eventually. I'm hoping to finish the fight tomorrow myself.
    Last edited by Addamus; 2013-03-06 at 08:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirsimeon
    Ahoy there, Captain Crybuckets, be that some QQ I see? Yarr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltair View Post
    Yo Dawg I heard you like to QQ, so I put some QQ in your QQ so you can QQ while you QQ
    I enjoy creative ways to call people out on whining. If I see any, they're likely to end up here.

15+ Year Old Account
    By the way, it is only fire spells that are changed? Or chaos/some shadow ones as well?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.