Poll: whats your 3rd glyph?

Thread: disc pvp glyphs

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

disc pvp glyphs

nice changes this patch. new weakened soul glyph is boss and silence immunity with inner focus being baseline is even better. free's up some glyph space. needless to say people are rocking weakened soul and mass dispel for pvp. but what to get for the third one?

binding heal: good for threes and will help with dotcleaves. useless in 2s. i can see myself going oom in seconds.
    renew: better faster healing to help with mitigation. renew still heals like a wet noodle.
    inner fire: bonus armor against melee cleave is great. with buffs to dks, rouge, and monks, i see alot of meleecleave action happening soon.
    prayer of mending: better healing on the first hop for when people get swapped to or bursted.

personally i think im leaning towards PoM glyph or renew. ive gota see whats got better output and test it. whats others opinions?

edit: forgot to throw fade into the poll also. good for when u get swapped to. 10% reduction overall is nice.
    Last edited by DiscoGhost; 2013-03-06 at 08:13 AM.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

what about shadow word: death, did i miss something?

idd , going MD, fade nad sw

Deleted
    You can't just use the same 3 Glyphs at all times. In arena you should be swapping out glyphs you won't make use of on a match-by-match basis. You don't want death if there's no Mage, Rogue, Monk, Paladin or Hunter on the enemy team. You don't really need MD unless there's a Mage or Paladin. You don't need Inner fire vs a wizard cleave, you might want Inner Sanctum though. You might want to use Fear Ward vs comps with Fears as their primary CC. Scourge Imprisonment is rather effective against Unholy DKs.... and so on.

On the other hand, Penance is very useful vs just about anything, it's probably the only Glyph i'll be using at all times.

For Random BGs though, I'm using Death, MD, Penance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    nice changes this patch. new weakened soul glyph is boss and silence immunity with inner focus being baseline is even better. free's up some glyph space. needless to say people are rocking weakened soul and mass dispel for pvp. but what to get for the third one?
    Once again, Blizz gives us back something they took away when they introduced the awful talent stump system and expects us to be happy. (Yes, I know, it's wasn't 'baseline' before, but it was only a couple of talent points, not something I had to blow a glyph slot on.)

As for the poll, I voted Inner Fire. What little PvP I did in MoP was BGs, and I needed that bonus armor. Although I'd be looking at Fade as an option as well.
    Last edited by ringpriest; 2013-03-11 at 08:12 AM.

Theres really only 1 required glyph at the moment for arenas and that PoM. PoM is our largest heal in the game bar none and usually around 30-40% of my total healing. I regularly get 120k PoM crits with 150k DA's with just 3stack grace up.

The other 2 I will be changing glyphs via the comp we are playing. If theres a mage/rogue/hpally/hunter/ccs that break on damage/etc. then Sw: D is required to break ccs so ALOT of the time this is a required glyph unless your playing against a pure melee cleave.

The last one is also comp dependent. Mass dispel is required (imo) against teams with a pally or mage to bypass their immunites. Against teams with an unholy dk or dk in general, glyph of shackle makes shackle a .5sec cast to quickly get those lichborne dks or gargoyles off your back. If neither, then a healing glyph like PW:S or weakened soul or renew, ill probably go PW:S.

Edit: Kinda shocked at how few people using POM or even that its an option. It heals for WAY too much right now, all the priests ive talked too assume you have it, for disc or shadow.
    Last edited by Hand Banana; 2013-03-11 at 06:04 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    Theres really only 1 required glyph at the moment for arenas and that PoM. PoM is our largest heal in the game bar none and usually around 30-40% of my total healing. I regularly get 120k PoM crits with 150k DA's with just 3stack grace up.

The other 2 I will be changing glyphs via the comp we are playing. If theres a mage/rogue/hpally/hunter/ccs that break on damage/etc. then Sw: D is required to break ccs so ALOT of the time this is a required glyph unless your playing against a pure melee cleave.

The last one is also comp dependent. Mass dispel is required (imo) against teams with a pally or mage to bypass their immunites. Against teams with an unholy dk or dk in general, glyph of shackle makes shackle a .5sec cast to quickly get those lichborne dks or gargoyles off your back. If neither, then a healing glyph like PW:S or weakened soul or renew, ill probably go PW:S.

Edit: Kinda shocked at how few people using POM or even that its an option. It heals for WAY too much right now, all the priests ive talked too assume you have it, for disc or shadow.
    i agree that PoM is a strong glyph, but I don't really feel I desperatly need extra throughput most of the time. If there's a useful utility option in the circumstance I tend to favor that. Definatly would use it vs supercleaves that tunnel healer though.
    Last edited by mmocc88f087fc1; 2013-03-11 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedrich View Post
    i agree that PoM is a strong glyph, but I don't really feel I desperatly need extra throughput most of the time. If there's a useful utility option in the circumstance I tend to favor that. Definatly would use it vs supercleaves that tunnel healer though.
    My current belief is that PoM is bugged to not being effected by healing reduction effects, so it is quite overpowered at the moment which is why I feel it is mandatory. I know its bugged because im still getting 100k PoM ticks on people with the orb in temple of kotmogu who have 90% reduced healing while my penance is ticking for 3k.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    My current belief is that PoM is bugged to not being effected by healing reduction effects, so it is quite overpowered at the moment which is why I feel it is mandatory. I know its bugged because im still getting 100k PoM ticks on people with the orb in temple of kotmogu who have 90% reduced healing while my penance is ticking for 3k.
    That's interesting to know.