Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    No, he understands, he's just saying it's possible - which it is.
    It's all but impossible and will most likely in the entirety of WoW history not happen even once, even if every single last human were to play the game and go LFR each week.

Quote Originally Posted by mk4 View Post
    just did galleon and sha

guess what? two bags

I opened all 18 at the end and got 17 golds and nothing else, and one bag was gold and 3 motes of harmony....

sigh...
    Did Galleon, Sha, and all of the LFRs yesterday on my alt.

Got two items from Terrace, zero from HoF, two from MSV, zero from Sha, and an item on a bonus roll with Galleon. Compared to previous weeks my anecdata would suggest something has changed yet again it is only anecdotal data.
    Last edited by refire; 2013-03-06 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I ran 4 LFR's last night, starting from the lowest, and I got 8 pieces of loot. Two were with bonus rolls. It's definitely an improvement from my personal experience, but random is random.

Also, only two pieces of loot were actual upgrades and the rest I already had. I got some crafting mats, but mostly gold from the bags.
    So you're saying you rolled 66 times and got 8 pieces of gear?

---------- Post added 2013-03-06 at 06:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    What you people have to understand is, someone needs to take one for the team and get nothing but fail bags in order for other players to get loot every time.
    Find us a single player that has won 16 items in 16 bosses and we'll talk.

personally i feel that instead of dropping loot in LFR>. if you win a roll a box pop's up with appropriate loot for your class .. that way we get to choose what we want like a quest choices of old.. vs yay.. i won a 3rd set of gloves in MSV first boss but nothing else to help me get to 470 so i can stop doing MSV!

I know it's a very small sample size, but for what it's worth, I ran the 1st wing of MSV and used 2 rolls, and got 2 loots on those rolls (I had an abundance of charms). 40% rate. Like I said, small sample size but one of the more generous LFR queues in recent memory.

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    Find us a single player that has won 16 items in 16 bosses and we'll talk.
    I don't think that's how statistics work.

Breaking it down, if LFR drop rates are 30%, that means for every 25 people, 7.5 will receive gear. Most bosses only have 1-2 drops that qualify for your class and spec. Seems about right, no?

As for people who haven't received loot in weeks, your chances of getting loot don't increase the longer you go without getting gear. Every time you down an LFR boss, you have a 30% chance in receiving loot...REGARDLESS of if you won something previously.

30% aka .300 is a batting average for an extremely good MLB player. For anyone that watches baseball, even the best hitters get out more than they get a hit.

It is amazing how much people don't understand statistics. Increase in drop rate =/= automatically guaranteed loot in 1 run.

I'm all down for the increased loot chance. I think its BS though that my warlock can get a couple pieces of gear over the last couple months, but this(i just ran it yesterady with the "increased chance") and have now gone 9 weeks without a single drop. So yeah, i know my luck isn't that bad, but 9 weeks running both MV straight is some bullspit

I got 2 epics per instance last night on 3 toons, most were downgrades i was just doing it for valor.

I have always got at least 1-2 epics per week over my 90s from LFR even before the buff i have noticed an increase since. Random loot FTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Lirdax View Post
    I'm all down for the increased loot chance. I think its BS though that my warlock can get a couple pieces of gear over the last couple months, but this(i just ran it yesterady with the "increased chance") and have now gone 9 weeks without a single drop. So yeah, i know my luck isn't that bad, but 9 weeks running both MV straight is some bullspit
    You obviously don't like RNG. Instead of complaining, maybe you sould suggest a non-RNG system?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I ran Throne RF on my newest 90 today, got an epic from every boss except Lei Shi. The lesson here?

Random loot is random.
    ... Troll is trolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

My only complain is that Sha touched weapons are proving ellusive and since I get 2 rewards from the Wrathion quests to use on them but I can't because during the whole lifespan they have never dropped even though 2 drop in ToES and I used all 3 coins on the boss that drops the one I would prefer. It is pretty rediculous that I keep getting the same pants or belt everytime I do manage to win a roll on one of the bosses instead of what I need. They need to make these weapons less ellusive so I can actually use the wrathion rewards on them before I end up getting a Thunderking weapon.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    So you're saying you rolled 66 times and got 8 pieces of gear?
    Not sure why you think doing 4 instances of 3 bosses would mean I rolled 66 times. Without looking at the actual number of bosses in each one, just estimating 3, I rolled 12 times and then 2 bonus times for a total of 14 rolls.

8/14 was actual gear, though only 2 pieces I didn't have already. Got a ring, a chest, a helm, two pairs of pants, the elegon trinket, boots and something I'm not remembering. Maybe I only got 7, idk.

Either way I was at @50% success for one night of running. I doubt I'll see that every time, or even soon, but it's definitely better than I've experienced in the past. The bags still dropped nothing though, which was sad.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I guess some ppl will only be happy once an option is increased where you can chose with a 100% droprate what item you want.

Increased droprate doesn't mean you immediately get what you want in the first run and it certainly doesn't mean every one of your alt gets decked out in loot in the first week. Seriously - you probably cannot even understand why people are annoyed at your attidtude because you never experienced how long one was chasing loot pre LFraid in Classic, TBC and WotLK...well..and in T11 and T 12...
    In classic I ran Scholo I don't know how many times and never once saw the shadowcraft boots... Even when my guild was well into AQ40 and I just wanted to have the full set for the look. Never saw them /cry.

OT: Anecdotal evidence YAY! I got 5 pieces in 1 ToES run using coins. Obviously they didn't really up your drop chance, they just lied and gave me my upped drop chance and yours!

Seriously, just because you didn't get a ton of drops doesn't mean it didn't change.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's all RNG. Today I've won 4 items. 2 I couldn't use (better stuff already), 2 I could. It's annoying to get what you can't use, but meh...the rate definitely seems up.

The real problem is that an increased, but still in no way guaranteed (short or long term), drop rate just makes it more frustrating to not get anything. It's all psychological. . . logic and statistical arguments don't matter, because it feels bad to be the unlucky one, especially after you've been told that rates have doubled.

Do people still feel that entitled to loot drops for something that takes 30 minutes?

Interesting.

I have been 90 on my shammy for 2 months now and had to scrape and upgrade damn near all my blues to get to the 470 needed for last 2 raids. Now I have not gotten any drops since. I did get a trinket last night amazingly though, but the rest were gold bags. and it looks like they reduced the already laughable amount of golf in the bags from 28g 50s to 28g 15s pretty neat huh?

I would like someone to please also explain how this loot system even works. Is it if an item drops you can use you are automatically rewarded it as are every other person in the raid that can? Or does the system do an imaginary roll on the items for you if one happens to drop? I am just wondering because with some of the bosses there are 5/8 items i can use and yet still don't ever see any.
    Last edited by schwank05; 2013-03-06 at 08:10 PM.

drop rate isn't too bad if you have charms to roll for bonus loot and between the new island and the treasure room you can get coins no problem got 17 in 2 days and full tier in less than 2 and runs and 5 charms not bad if you ask me just got to work the system right!

of course luck has everything to do with it!

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I have been 90 on my shammy for 2 months now and had to scrape and upgrade damn near all my blues to get to the 470 needed for last 2 raids. Now I have not gotten any drops since. I did get a trinket last night amazingly though, but the rest were gold bags. and it looks like they reduced the already laughable amount of golf in the bags from 28g 50s to 28g 15s pretty neat huh?

I would like someone to please also explain how this loot system even works. Is it if an item drops you can use you are automatically rewarded it as are every other person in the raid that can? Or does the system do an imaginary roll on the items for you if one happens to drop? I am just wondering because with some of the bosses there are 5/8 items i can use and yet still don't ever see any.
    The system does an individual roll for each raider involved in the kill. It's basically a random number between 1 and 100, if it's 1-30, you get "something" and if it's 31-100, you get a bag. In theory it's possible (though exceptionally unlikely) for everyone to get something, or nobody at all to get anything.

If you do get "something", the game does a second roll to decide which item (based on your spec at the time the boss died) to give you.

Coin rolls work exactly the same way.