Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Page 21 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The encounter seems to be tuned for Destro. It was the only spec that got my ilvl 491 butt to the second felhunter phase, 44% best attempt after 50+ wipes though. Definitely taking a break for a week and hoping to come back with better gear.

All these horror stories I heard from the ptr are why I'm not concerned about getting the Tome yet. I'll be doing the dailies for some time so I'll encounter enough rares to get it eventually.

But, yeah, mmo-c readers skew towards higher-end players, and if you guys are having trouble with it in equal/better gear than I have, well ...
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I keep seeing the tome on the body of the rare spawns but then it disappears like someone else is looting it. Does that mean that one drops and the first warlock to loot can get it? Or is that another warlock's tome that I keep seeing and it didn't drop specifically for me?

So, since noone answered the first time I will restate my question. Does anyone know if the tome drops from normal mobs, or if anyone has seen it drop from normal mobs? That being asked/said I have grinded enough mobs to already be exalted with the black prince and have yet to see a fkn tome

Armory^

what they need to do is nerf that dispell, like 80% of the warlocks i ahve seen talk it;s always *spaming dispell* and i cc the first 2 felhounds and the 3third one leaves me with one stun left and after that stun he spawms dispell on pitlord even across the room

Quote Originally Posted by Drakile View Post
    So, since noone answered the first time I will restate my question. Does anyone know if the tome drops from normal mobs, or if anyone has seen it drop from normal mobs? That being asked/said I have grinded enough mobs to already be exalted with the black prince and have yet to see a fkn tome
    I think they only drop from rare mobs.

---------- Post added 2013-03-06 at 03:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    what they need to do is nerf that dispell, like 80% of the warlocks i ahve seen talk it;s always *spaming dispell* and i cc the first 2 felhounds and the 3third one leaves me with one stun left and after that stun he spawms dispell on pitlord even across the room
    I found a way to deal with it better. I Shadowfury the first one and then havoc it, when the 2nd one spawns I use the Pit lord's charge (stuns all nearby enemies and increases damage taken) and breath right after, then I cast chaos bolt on the 2nd one and they both should die from it. The 3rd felhunter doesn't seem to cast his devour immediately like the other two (or that is what I observed for two attempts in a row) so I just CB it 2 times and it dies before use devour once.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    I think they only drop from rare mobs.
    Thats really really annoyingly shitty then

Armory^

they are rare drops off rare mobs but i think the more people attacking a rare mob the more likely you are to get a book, cause i got my off the turtle rare and there was like 15 horde hitting it
    and only one book ever drops it seems for the whole loot table

*i was the only warlock lolz and alliance yeah for PvE server*

Quote Originally Posted by Irreg View Post
    I keep seeing the tome on the body of the rare spawns but then it disappears like someone else is looting it. Does that mean that one drops and the first warlock to loot can get it? Or is that another warlock's tome that I keep seeing and it didn't drop specifically for me?
    It doesn't go to the first lock who can loot it, but it is going to someone. From what I've seen, if the book drops for one of the locks attacking the boss, everyone will see it when they go to loot. It certainly isn't first, as when I got mine, two other locks had seen it on the table.(in other words, they looted before me)

Currently on Kanrethad. Will report back when I down him.

Two hours or so into the madness, and I've only managed to get Kanrethad to 65%... Bright side is, I think I'm starting to become a lot better at playing destruction than I've ever did. What i've been doing to deal with the Fel hunters is, tell the pitlord to go as far as possible from the portal, Havoc the first fel hunter, chaos bolt the second, and try bursting all 3 before the dispelled pitlord gets back at me. It works sometimes :P

Finally dead, reposting updated tips...
    Last edited by pokeadott; 2013-03-06 at 11:19 PM.

Got my kill today finally after several hours of attempts.

Totally recommend destro for it.

Use your stun more often than just for cata's to get extra dps in.
    I also used portal go behind one of the pillars against the wall for chaos bolts so you can los them.
    Had enough dps to kill the boss before second spawn of felhunters (felhunter part is by far the gayest part-so try to send him far away so he doesnt just run up and crush you).

Good luck to everybody else!

No achievement for it is pretty lame considering its one of the hardest things i have done in this game.

After one hour of attempts my best attempt thus far has been 60% (i.e. the first wave of felhunters). Affliction is terrible for this encounter. Will be respecing to demo.

Ok so patch day 1 for me. 24 rare kills, wasting hours campins rares that go down in 20sec max and 0 codex. GJ Blizz, hating this patch already.

I prefered the first idea: that ANY lock could start the quest in SW / Orgr, rather than the lucky few. Based on today's kill I guess the drop rate is around 1%. Tsss

Quote Originally Posted by pokeadott View Post
    A few things...

1) You can HS out and repair/respec. You have to leave the scen group (won't let you teelport back in), but restarting the scenario ports you right to the end guy.

2) Make pitlord macros!
    1 /use [@Pokeadott] Fel Flame Breath (self dispel and dmgs imps)
    2 /use demonic siphon (the heal)
    3 /use Charge (to stop cataclysm)

3) Imps: Stand on/near them and use breath to kill them. RoF for free embers. Careful about his RoF.

Fel Pup: Insta summon a VW while he's channeling pups and have it tank Pitlord.

Doom Gaurd: Kill 1st, perma banish second

Have gotten this to work pretty reliably but Aff is awful for burning down the Fel Hunters - so not consistently getting them down before the next cata gets off/I die. Respeccing Destro and trying DS/Havok to melt fel pups asap. Seems pretty viable though.
    Wait wait wait wait. Pit Lord has a HEAL!? That would have made it much easier when I was doing this fight >.<. What is the cd on it and how much does it heal?

The heal is for 300k and it has a 20 sec cd

Quote Originally Posted by ndcomic33 View Post
    The heal is for 300k and it has a 20 sec cd
    .....I feel so stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flshrm View Post
    what do you mean? mine gets devoured almost instantly, even after re-enslaving. what spec did you take?
    Destruction spec. I sent pit lord to LoS the felpups (sent him moving right after interupting the cataclysm and dispelling dots off myself). then i'd los the next chaos bolt headed for me (which also causes felpups to follow me so i could send pitlord out again to interupt next cataclysm cast which happens roughly after i killed the third pup).

the issue i had was enslave demon has a 5min duration, and would break roughly when the 2nd set of pups came out (so i thought it was being dispelled). Once i started re-enslaving when the doomguard came then things went easier.

Also soulshatter is really handy to make the pit lord eat chaos bolts instead of you. I think i only had to soak about 2 of them.

[edit]
    The pit lord has a heal? herp derp I need to read pet abilities more often. was ember tapping for my heal XD
    Last edited by mmoc72a928fd88; 2013-03-06 at 10:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I managed to kill it after a while and ran into a problem.

I "killed" him right as he killed me and then the little scene afterwards started with me dead. I now have green fire but I did not receive credit for actually killing him apparently.