Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The Dendrome Revealed !!

A few of us more "enterprising" explorers have been smooping around the Dendrome lately, didn't post any screenies before so as not to draw the wrath of Elrar on me

Other people have posted their screenies so here goes, remember, this is still very much a Work In Progress, nothing you see might stay the same, a lot of the zone has Dev notes "spray painted" on, there's no mobs either

First off, the map:

The rather intriguingly named Greenscale's Crater

The porticuluum suggests this will be the main quest hub, Achyati Village

Random vista view

Like i said, all this is subject to change, remodeling so i wouldn't include anymore screenshots, but i'll leave the final word to the man in charge

There are many more changes coming to the Dendrome.

~Daglar
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/public-te...changin-2.html

Green, pretty, and intact structures/roads. I want to see moar O_O
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oooh...seems like it's going to be this xpacs version of Ember Isle. Given my recent downturn, maybe there's hope that this will hit sooner than later and restore my excitement for this game and progressing my character.
    BAD WOLF

huh cool. Does have a Ember Isle vibe to it. If I ever get the time I need to go search my little spot I found to see if there is indeed a landmass over there

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post

The porticuluum suggests this will be the main quest hub, Achyati Village

I like this! After all the snow I need a sunny place. *g*

Deleted
    I LOVE IT! man i want this as the next CQ map, or EI i dont care. (i bet we get shimmersand -_-)

Got a short video of the zone.

Kinda just me aimlessly walking around the zone, but it gives you a general feel for the zone :P
    The Art of War- FT 4/4 EE 4/5
    R80

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    I LOVE IT! man i want this as the next CQ map, or EI i dont care. (i bet we get shimmersand -_-)
    as long as we get a new cq map i dont care where it will be

---------- Post added 2013-03-06 at 11:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rajadog20 View Post
    Got a short video of the zone.

Kinda just me aimlessly walking around the zone, but it gives you a general feel for the zone :P
    seems it will be awesome zone!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumpy View Post
    as long as we get a new cq map i dont care where it will be

---------- Post added 2013-03-06 at 11:36 PM ----------

seems it will be awesome zone!
    If we get another extractor based CQ i swear to god i am going to effing flip all over the forums, and i want the random button already...

Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    If we get another extractor based CQ i swear to god i am going to effing flip all over the forums, and i want the random button already...
    I doubt they would do that, we will cry soo hard that they'll have to change it, or delay it lol
    R80

Always thought the reason they delayed the new Conquest map was because they are creating a "proper map" with balanced start points/extractor positions much like GW2 WvW main map , if the new Conquest with be Dendrome that doesn't look balanced either much like Stillmoor is

Slip go do this since you seem bored...follow the little red line...tell me wtf that is..btw I thing you can swim from Stoerm Legion to Mthosia..have not tried

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfadin View Post
    Always thought the reason they delayed the new Conquest map was because they are creating a "proper map" with balanced start points/extractor positions much like GW2 WvW main map , if the new Conquest with be Dendrome that doesn't look balanced either much like Stillmoor is
    stillmoor is a fine map to host CQ the starting areas are fine too, its just so damn stale and too many extractors -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Slip go do this since you seem bored...follow the little red line...tell me wtf that is..btw I thing you can swim from Stoerm Legion to Mthosia..have not tried

I'll have to do this tomorrow, but i'll bet its nothing.

And you can't swim from the Storm Legion zones to Mathosia, they are on seperate "maps". Just like instanced dungeons are on separate maps, Mathosia and Storm Legion are separate. If you go far enough, you reach the end of the map :P

Believe you fall off the map and get ported back to Ashora if you fall off, don't remember for certain though.
    R80

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Slip go do this since you seem bored...follow the little red line...tell me wtf that is..

It's just an unfinished Island that doesn't appear on the current maps, there's also an invisible wall around "most" of it so can't ride around roo much

Did manage to find a small beach to stand on though, so enjoy the video of this "Mystery Island"

Who knows what plans, if any, are in store for this lump of rock in the ocean, nothing? new Conquest map? who knows

guess its to small for a new conquest map btw sip did you found anything new today was a small patch too but couldnt find anything new in the dendrom ^^

Zones seems unfinished so far. And it's already nice.
    Did that mystic island was there before?

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    It's just an unfinished Island that doesn't appear on the current maps, there's also an invisible wall around "most" of it so can't ride around roo much

Did manage to find a small beach to stand on though, so enjoy the video of this "Mystery Island"

Who knows what plans, if any, are in store for this lump of rock in the ocean, nothing? new Conquest map? who knows
    Interesting, did you try using any of your teleporting abilities to get past the wall?
    R80

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Zones seems unfinished so far. And it's already nice.
    Did that mystic island was there before?
    I had been meaning to swim out there for awhile. That pic I posted was from SL beta live stream wayyy back when. Always wanted to figure out what it was. There is a crap ton of exploring but the swimming takes upwards of 30min + to do lol

Ooooh, can't wait for The Dendrome!
    I really need a change of scenery from the dust and rocks.

There's a reason I always seem to get revered with Eternal City Survivors when leveling up my toons! Moar city-ish maps I say!