Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orochiro View Post
    But what does it really matter if you can't kill a boss on the FIRST day of a new raid patch? There won't be any new raid content for a few months so you can take it easy. Do people (Normal mode raiders) nowadays really expect to just destroy all bosses in a new raid on the release day? So that you could start on Heroic progress right away even though it's not even aimed at you? Really?
    do yo usee me complaing in the thread? no, that was my first post.
    I just hate that high horse attitude of "lol we killed it easy, you must be bad at the game if you don't" from that 1% of best players. He's 16/16 hc (as few other "lol it's easy" people in this thread) he shouldnt be even comenting on that, he's way above skill range required to kill that boss.

I would say he is overtuned compared to his place in the raid and the difficulty (or rather lack of difficulty) of the first boss. He should probably be a little easier and then the 3rd boss should be at his difficulty.

It was extremely easy. All of the first 5 bosses are pretty face roll.

Deleted
    My own guild killed it here tonight and we didn't feel it was overtuned at all. Think we had 1 or 2 wipes, before we killed it. It's about interrupting the Priests and dispelling. Then not let the Dinorider or w/e they're called heal.

Other than that it wasn't really a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    My own guild killed it here tonight and we didn't feel it was overtuned at all. Think we had 1 or 2 wipes, before we killed it. It's about interrupting the Priests and dispelling. Then not let the Dinorider or w/e they're called heal.

Other than that it wasn't really a big deal.
    QFT.

Killed it aswell tonight as 25m, we had maybe 4 wipes, of which 3 were on Gurubashi poisons. Just interrupt the Venom guys and the Effusions and it's a very easy kill. Gurubashi is DEFINITELY the hardest part.

Our 4 hour night went like this:
    1 Shot Jin'Rokh, died during 3rd pool
    Wipe ~10 times on our way to Horridon
    4 Shot Horridon with ease
    4 shot Elders, really easy boss, just had to get tactics right
    4 shot Tortos, again tactic polishing.

None of the first 4 seemed hard, not sure if Jin'Rokh was even a boss or a trash mob. We were 11/16 25m Heroic during 5.1. Hopefully last bosses will be more challenging, still got Thursday and Monday left to raid...

One shot Horridon last night on 10M despite no one really knowing anything about the fight. I'm not going to speculate on whether or not Horridon is appropriately tuned, but what is pretty obvious is that he is easier than any of the bosses after him. If you think that they should reconsider Horridon's tuning, they would more or less have to retune the entire instance because you'll just get stuck on the next boss.

Deleted
    Don't think this boss was too bad. Just handle the mechanics and raid damage shouldn't be that high.

I feel the 25 man are easier compared to the 10 mans, due to you having more (aoe) dispels and interrupts.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Horridon is certainly NOT overtuned, you are probably just surprised at the difference between him and the first trash mob, sorry, "boss". If you think horridon is overtuned, good luck on Council (on 10 man) that fight certainly appears to be overtuned.

Deleted
    Horridon and most 10man bosses really are overtuned. I mean, theres as many adds as in 25man, and many off the adds have same hp as in 25man.

We ended up using lust on the gurubashi, had a dps assigned to each of the casters to interupt volley, and the tanks got priority on dispells and we were able to push past that phase fairly easy and the rest was a cakewalk

Blizzard already said, in 5.2 you are more likely to kill a boss by mastering the fight, not necessarily having super DPS and Healing. Horridon isn't even hard on the healing, we got 2 stacks at most of the poison which was only 30k per tick and most of them were dispelled.

If you just assign your Tank and melee to interrupt the Venom casters and ranged to interrupt Effusions, it is really simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacioli View Post
    10 man normal, we went with 3 healers and 2 healers. With 3 healers it went holy pally, resto druid, and disc priest. When it was 2 healers it was disc priest and holy pally.

Im interested on how to handled the adds.

The first door goes easy enough. (sandy floor)

The second door goes crazy with 3 priests AOE poisoning the raid. Is the solution to simply DPS burn it down fast enough and dispel the highest stacks? If so we are hurting badly in those departments.

The 3rd door usually we are so beat down by door 2 that it doesn't go so well. But it looks like it wouldn't be that bad if door 2 didn't crush our guts.

Never saw final door or the next phase.
    Interrupts really help. I interrupt the first add, and the 2nd add, and have our ret pally interupt the third one. Our hunter tries to get the infusions.

Deleted
    Council of elders is alot worse at least. So much going on at once in that fight. Can't wait for heroic

What kind of droprate did u guys have on thunderforged items? We got 2 thunderforged from 3 kills tonight. Found it weird, as I thought they would be very rare ( in 10 man at least ).

We killed 6 bosses with no thunderforged items but got two thunderforged items off trash. (10 man)

Deleted
    Instance doesn't get hard until Ji-khun.

Deleted
    Does Mass Dispell work for the following:

- Poison on Gurbashi Door (2nd)
    - Disease on Drakkari Door (3rd)?

Shit ive been doing it all wrong if thats the case,
    we got 2 priests!

EDIT:

Burn 3 special adds first then Dinomancer or kill Dinomancer asap?

Can someone help?
    Last edited by mmoca6a7ce4e28; 2013-03-07 at 03:01 AM.

I don't think anything in this fight need tuning, but maybe change the Disease to Magic to make it removable by more classes! Severely punishing for 10m Normal groups that can't pick whatever classes they want to bring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelangelo View Post
    I don't think anything in this fight need tuning, but maybe change the Disease to Magic to make it removable by more classes! Severely punishing for 10m Normal groups that can't pick whatever classes they want to bring.
    10 mans just need a slight reduction or changing of the debuffs. It's pretty punishing for us. The fight in general is fine, just the management of the cleansing for a small scale raid. Not sure.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Thetinyone View Post
    Does Mass Dispell work for the following:

- Poison on Gurbashi Door (2nd)
    - Disease on Drakkari Door (3rd)?

Shit ive been doing it all wrong if thats the case,
    we got 2 priests!

EDIT:

Burn 3 special adds first then Dinomancer or kill Dinomancer asap?

Can someone help?
    Dinomancer burned to 50% then close gate then special adds tbh, dinomancer means you wont get more special ones