Page 49 of 120 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammriy View Post
    Based purely on the wiki page for warthogs

Scummy Points - Males are aggressive, they live in packs, they can defend themselves quite viciously
    Townie Points - They tend to be herbivores unless they're eating their own babies (damn warthogs, you scary), they tend to be hunted by hyenas, lions, leopards, cheetahs and crocodiles
    Um, they're only aggressive with each other:

Although capable of fighting (males aggressively fight each other during mating season) the warthog's primary defense is to flee by means of fast sprinting. The warthog's main predators are humans, lions, leopards, crocodiles, and hyenas. Cheetahs are also capable of catching warthogs of up to their own weight and raptors such as Verreaux's Eagle Owls and Martial Eagles sometimes prey on piglets.[14][15] However, if a female warthog has any piglets she will defend them very aggressively. Warthogs can inflict mortal wounds on predators, including formidable lions, with battles sometimes ending with the lions bleeding to death. Warthogs have been observed allowing banded mongooses to groom them to remove ticks.[16]
    That's probably the relevant points of the warthog for this game.

They're hunted by hyenas, they protect their own (except males protecting males, that doesn't happen), they often kill massive predators such as lions, and they allow banded mongooses to eat insects off of them.

I know what role that sounds like to me, but I'm hoping it might not be 100% obvious to a scum out there (probably is, but in the off chance it's not, I won't say anything about it).

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    They're hunted by hyenas, they protect their own (except males protecting males, that doesn't happen), they often kill massive predators such as lions, and they allow banded mongooses to eat insects off of them.
    That last part presents an adorable enough image that I'm going to hold off my vote for now.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    I have a suspicion that FM and Blue are both scum, so FM is defending Blue in the hopes of saving a fellow mafia member - and failing that, set himself up for a "would I have knowingly defended a scum high on the lynch list?" defence.

On the other hand, Hanna's reasoning haz convinced me. FoS NFT o.o
    Wow. It's not even so much standing up for Blue. I just do not agree with the way he was selected. (During midway by a single poster for being..strange) He's the wrong target. I am basing this off night actions. Way Blue was elected to be voted out and if it's even a valid reason. It was because someone assumed we were just selecting inactive people.

I don't have a problem with the vote off, just the process of who selected it to manipulate the system successfully.

When I left. I was convinced other posters understand my choice and that's why they voted for him too.

I've been relatively convinced that it was a legit claim and that the warthog is probably town, thanks for chatting it out with me Deca

Unvote

15+ Year Old Account
    Based purely on the wiki page for warthogs

Scummy Points - Males are aggressive, they live in packs, they can defend themselves quite viciously
    Townie Points - They tend to be herbivores unless they're eating their own babies (damn warthogs, you scary), they tend to be hunted by hyenas, lions, leopards, cheetahs and crocodiles
    Hmm makes sense. That is, of course, as long as he's ACTUALLY a warthog. Or maybe a warthog is a traitor.

So skimmed over the thread since there's been so much. Only a few things I really want to address.

First, can we have a vote count? How close is BlueObelisk to a lynch? Has he CC'd/RC'd yet. If not I'll probably add my vote soon.

Second, Brandon, I explained why I voted for Uggor. Just some text he had with Foxx last day made me slightly suspicious. It's nothing hard.

Third, and probably most important, you guys should know that Celtic is pretty experienced. And by experienced I mean he's been playing mafia for over 3 years. He isn't likely to kill someone just because he argued with them. That being said, he could have killed Holz and just used the "I wouldn't do that" as an excuse with this being a new site. The more likely scenario though is someone planned to kill Holz intentionally and then tried to blame Celtic.

Fourth, someone asked what certain acronyms mean.
    TPR - Town Power Role
    CC - Character Claim (i.e. Harry Potter)
    RC - Role Claim (i.e. Doctor)

Edit:
    Just noticed Blue's last post. I'd personally like both CC & Role if you have as many votes as I believe you do; Anything to save yourself at this point is probably going to help you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FusedMass View Post
    He's the wrong target. I am basing this off night actions. Way Blue was elected to be voted out and if it's even a valid reason. It was because someone assumed we were just selecting inactive people.
    Have you even bothered to go back and look at why he was singled out? You have had numerous chances to do so, and have failed to back it up.

Why are you so adamant on defending Blue, if you don't even want to take the time to find out why people suspect him?

15+ Year Old Account
    FusedMass seems to be skirting around topics and trying to bend things to go the exact way he wants to.

unvote
    Vote: FusedMass

Throwing this out for some input. Blue hinted at the fact he had more than a VT role, without blatantly asking him to RC, what the heck special role could a warthog conceivably have? Bomb warthog? Warthog with a gun strapped to his back (PGO)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Greeney, I take it you haven't read the past 2-3 pages 100% yet?

Something.

Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    Greeney, I take it you haven't read the past 2-3 pages 100% yet?
    There's a lot going on both in this thread and my personal life. ><
    I think Warthog is a good claim (if there aren't multiple roles of the same animal). I feel the same way about Impala. Both seem to be listed in Wikipedia under "The Mara in Jeopardy." Gut would say those are more likely town roles.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2013-03-07 at 04:00 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Throwing this out for some input. Blue hinted at the fact he had more than a VT role, without blatantly asking him to RC, what the heck special role could a warthog conceivably have? Bomb warthog? Warthog with a gun strapped to his back (PGO)?
    PGO does seem good. Warthogs can defend themselves with their tusks but are definitely able to be injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Edit:
    Just noticed Blue's last post. I'd personally like both CC & Role if you have as many votes as I believe you do; Anything to save yourself at this point is probably going to help you.
    Uhmmm. I guess I won't say my role Greeney, since they're trying to figure it out.

And don't go voting for FusedMass, he's the only guy to believe in my innocence. If you have to choose between him and me, kill me instead.

Edit: I'll give a hint about my "role power." Is that allowed lol? It has nothing to do with my body.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking bodyguard or bomb. Maybe PGO as well.

Something.

What's PGO or bomb?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Uhmmm. I guess I won't say my role Greeney, since they're trying to figure it out.

And don't go voting for FusedMass, he's the only guy to believe in my innocence. If you have to choose between him and me, kill me instead.
    Sorry to jump on you again, Blue but er... you want us to kill you instead of someone else?

Screaming scum at me. Sorry for quick flip flop here but. Maybe I was hasty in unvoting.

Vote Blueobelisk

10+ Year Old Account
    What's PGO or bomb?
    PGO = Paranoid Gun Owner, they kill anyone who visits them, this can be bad for the town, as well as mafia, as it will kill mafia, doctors, cops, and anything else, though they take the scum with them, they still die if they are NKed by the scum.

Bomb = They kill whoever tries to kill them, however, they are also killed. This is very protown in all cases except if a vigilante tries to kill a bomb.

Something.

I'd rather die (by poor choice of lynching) than live and the person who rightly defended me die instead.

Edit: I'll give a hint about my "role power." Is that allowed lol? It has nothing to do with my body.
    You should just give out your role claim IMO. From the looks of it you're the closest by a wide margin to being lynched and the end of the day is coming up soon. If you're a power role we should know, it will screw with scum kills ("is the doctor going to protect BlueObelisk or not?"). Don't hint at it, just say what you are please.

I'm only suggesting this to you because I think you're relatively new and probably a townie.