Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Elemental 5.2 - What talent to pick?

Since they have buffed Unleashed Elements talent and Primal Elementalist.. which one do you guys think is most viable?

also.. haste and mastery still remain equal?

Deleted
    actualy from what i read around
    all options are pretty close u can go EotE/EB, AS+PE, EM+PE (+ glyph of FE, nice iteration between it and EM so FE get haste benefit)

personaly i will try out EM/PE+glyph
    Last edited by mmoc770ecfcd9d; 2013-03-05 at 11:47 PM.

Deleted
    Fair enough.. isn't the Unleashed Fury viable? Since it gives Lava Burst more damage now.. making your ascendance stronger aswell.

Fair enough.. isn't the Unleashed Fury viable? Since it gives Lava Burst more damage now.. making your ascendance stronger aswell.
    according to simC, using it on cooldown (except if ascendance is up) is still a ~4% dps loss against using EB. It's not trying to time it with ascendance though, but I'm not sure it's worth trying to synchronize them given that it boosts LB by 20% and LvB by 10%, while LvB has "only" ~2.5 time the dpct of LB.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thought I'd toss this out:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e/?s=627&e=818

That's from our Jin kill a few minutes ago. I was solidly first until the execute phase. Using PE/EotE.

And here's our Spriest's stream if anyone wants to watch us: http://www.twitch.tv/levictus91

Just killed Horri, and I was #1 by a full 10k DPS.

Got destroyed on council, but I was on interrupt duty and died on the kill attempt. I was 2nd-3rd on a couple of the attempts.

#1 on Tortos.
    Last edited by Eruionmel; 2013-03-06 at 03:48 AM.

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruionmel View Post
    Thought I'd toss this out:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...e/?s=627&e=818

That's from our Jin kill a few minutes ago. I was solidly first until the execute phase. Using PE/EotE.

And here's our Spriest's stream if anyone wants to watch us: http://www.twitch.tv/levictus91

Just killed Horri, and I was #1 by a full 10k DPS.

Got destroyed on council, but I was on interrupt duty and died on the kill attempt. I was 2nd-3rd on a couple of the attempts.

#1 on Tortos.
    Im actually diggin echo I think. I cant tell when the hell its proccing. I myself only did 118k on Jin though (I'm in all normal gear with no heroic pieces) Not to mention I got that damn orb on me 4 times and had to go drop it off. Anyways Echo is pretty sweet.

As for Horridon, we didnt down it, But I was on top most of the fight with echo.

10+ Year Old Account
    #3 on Magaera, again being #1 until the execute phase of the last head with the same 2 people passing me. WTB an execute. :\ Although probably the reason I fell behind was because I was just about to get some CDs back. I would have rotated back to top if I'd had time to pop them.

Called it for the night. Our logs were done by different people, since we were switching in and out, so here's my wow-heroes if people want to see anything:

http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/us/Exodar/Vanasex/
    Last edited by Eruionmel; 2013-03-06 at 05:49 AM.

how is EM over EoE or is that an absolute nono, cuz I was thinking to use it until atleast meta or 4set depending on what I get first

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tompa View Post
    how is EM over EoE or is that an absolute nono, cuz I was thinking to use it until atleast meta or 4set depending on what I get first
    cause FE get benefit from haste while too

10+ Year Old Account
    The basic napkin math and preliminary sims suggests that Tier 4 talents, for Elemental, can swing to any of the three, and the Tier 6 can be either PE or EB (UF is still a bit behind both). PE tends to favor AS and EM of EotE, though, as the Haste affects the elementals (and the elementals use your melee Haste, meaning they get the benefit of the bonus melee haste on AS' passive).

Apologies for random nature of my thoughts as I played today...

Today I tried out the FE + Glpyh of FE + Elemental Mastery in a 25M. It felt a bit weird (too used to 3 and 5 minute intervals) but didn't notice *too* much of a DPS increase. I will test again on the weekend for my 10M. That 3 minute CD on FE is really hard to gauge now, because the MSV/HOF bosses I'm downing are going down much faster due to everyone's DPS buff and the 10% nerf. So my timing is all off. Hard to get field evidence.

AFAIK, Glyping your FE is a DPS increase only if you get to plonk it down 3 times, right? As opposed to 2 times with unglyphed? I have not used Glyph of Fire Elemental before, so not that schooled on it.

For any fight with Cleaving (2 or more adds), do yourself a favor and get Echo of Elements and Chain Lightning. Pulled something like 210K on windlord, when I was doing 160-180K DPS just last week prepatch. (Granted, RNG could have rocked it either way).

Single target, with UNGLPYHED Primal Elementals and Echo of the elements, I already noted a single target increase of something like 10-15K. Was 84-86K Last week, was 95ish K on fights like Feng and Spirit Kings today. Lightning bolt is hitting SURPRISINGLY hard now.

I'm still wondering if Unleashed Fury *may* work out to be a solid choice in the end. Especially with Elemental Mastery. Hmm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'll be testing EM tonight. I just stuck with EotE to see where my talents from last tier were. I'm guessing that EM is going to be better by an obvious margin. I am curious about AS, though. I hadn't known about the eles using melee haste and getting the 10%. And that would be less annoying than trying to line things up with EM. I tend to favor passive effects over active ones. The more time I spend paying attention to my rotation, the less time I can spend watching mechanics, which are crucial in this tier.

Deleted
    How exactly should PE be used? I've never really used it. I know you only use empower when it cannot hit any adds but other that, I don't really know...is it as simple as summoning and letting it whack away of mobs/boss???

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMusic View Post
    How exactly should PE be used? I've never really used it. I know you only use empower when it cannot hit any adds but other that, I don't really know...is it as simple as summoning and letting it whack away of mobs/boss???

Thanks.
    It's essentially a passive DPS boost, yes, with a few additional options for special circumstances like Empower.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's essentially a passive DPS boost, yes, with a few additional options for special circumstances like Empower.
    So basically, just summon and let it pew pew? I know its good for fights which need a lot of burst; do we know what fights in ToT they are yet (i.e. that are best suited for PE)?

Thanks Endus.

Quote Originally Posted by Booniehat View Post
    Apologies for random nature of my thoughts as I played today...

Today I tried out the FE + Glpyh of FE + Elemental Mastery in a 25M. It felt a bit weird (too used to 3 and 5 minute intervals) but didn't notice *too* much of a DPS increase. I will test again on the weekend for my 10M. That 3 minute CD on FE is really hard to gauge now, because the MSV/HOF bosses I'm downing are going down much faster due to everyone's DPS buff and the 10% nerf. So my timing is all off. Hard to get field evidence.

AFAIK, Glyping your FE is a DPS increase only if you get to plonk it down 3 times, right? As opposed to 2 times with unglyphed? I have not used Glyph of Fire Elemental before, so not that schooled on it.

For any fight with Cleaving (2 or more adds), do yourself a favor and get Echo of Elements and Chain Lightning. Pulled something like 210K on windlord, when I was doing 160-180K DPS just last week prepatch. (Granted, RNG could have rocked it either way).

Single target, with UNGLPYHED Primal Elementals and Echo of the elements, I already noted a single target increase of something like 10-15K. Was 84-86K Last week, was 95ish K on fights like Feng and Spirit Kings today. Lightning bolt is hitting SURPRISINGLY hard now.

I'm still wondering if Unleashed Fury *may* work out to be a solid choice in the end. Especially with Elemental Mastery. Hmm.
    for PE glyph to be a dps increase it needs to be placed down 4 times 3 times = a total of 108 seconds so if you can get two full druations out of ur elemental without glyph then glyphing it is a dps los 120 sec two times without the glyph. however the glyph will be a dps increase on a fight such as garajal with a tight 6 min enrage since u cant possibly get two full durations.

Quote Originally Posted by SamoTray View Post
    for PE glyph to be a dps increase it needs to be placed down 4 times 3 times = a total of 108 seconds so if you can get two full druations out of ur elemental without glyph then glyphing it is a dps los 120 sec two times without the glyph. however the glyph will be a dps increase on a fight such as garajal with a tight 6 min enrage since u cant possibly get two full durations.
    Ahh, I see. 4 times seems a bit much, I can't recall any fight that had a timer that long (granted, have not been to TOES so not sure how long those fights are).

I figured 3 times, despite being only 108 seconds, was a DPS increase because (A) sync with ascendance and (B) sync with intellect pot (which you usually pop in your 2nd or 3rd ascendance). Furthermore, with Elemental Mastery I *thought* that 30% haste would compensate for those missing 12 seconds (120-108 = 12).

I really do wish/hope Unleashed Fury would be = to EB or Primal Eles though. It's fun watching massive LvB numbers.

Deleted
    went with EoE and EB today, since im still not used to the other talents.. didnt do terrible dps.. though im sure PE would do more.

If you are going for PE should you go all out on haste? or atleast more haste then mastery? to increase the overall dmg of the elemental?

Deleted
    went with EB today with either EM or EoE depending on the fights(aoe/singletarget). I personally think PE is better than EM, although I havent tested it myself.

I also a few questions if anyone minds answering, I got 2 set pieces yesterday. Is it worth dropping my currect heroic 4P to get the new T15 2p? If you could take a look into my armory I'd be more than glad aswell ( I am a reroller, went Elemental 4 weeks ago )

I am aware of the missing Tinkers.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%B2rb/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Norbb View Post
    went with EB today with either EM or EoE depending on the fights(aoe/singletarget). I personally think PE is better than EM, although I havent tested it myself.

I also a few questions if anyone minds answering, I got 2 set pieces yesterday. Is it worth dropping my currect heroic 4P to get the new T15 2p? If you could take a look into my armory I'd be more than glad aswell ( I am a reroller, went Elemental 4 weeks ago )

I am aware of the missing Tinkers.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%B2rb/advanced
    according to simc, the 2pt15 bonus is better than the 4pt14. As normal gear is higher ilevel than even upgraded heroic t14 (+more sockets, afaik), 2pt15 is definitly an upgrade over 4pt14.