Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    My guild (10 man) had 1 wipe on 1st, and then 20 wipes on Horridon. It does indeed ramp up extremely.

Nothing more to add, people have it nailed with the intense dispell requirment. We used 3 healers (HPal/Disc/Resto Sham), we generally improved every attempt.

One thing to add... as soon as the last door is broken its a kill due to how quickly the big add dies, that seems odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Difficulty wise we didn't really notice the difference between Jin and Horridion. Apart from the mandatory 2-3 wipes to get the mechanics down for everyone it was pretty darn easy. Just focus the Venomancers and interrupt their casts.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Quote Originally Posted by Treseme View Post
    Instance doesn't get hard until Ji-khun.
    This

length

I think it's more of a case of the first boss being so undertuned that it's not even funny, 2 days of 5.2 and 3700 guilds have killed it and that's before EU updates are done AND not including Asia.

Also Horridon isn't hard, if you know what to do it's a walk in the park. If you don't know it then it's hard, but at that point you're failing the fight misserably.

Soon as you get the dps priorities right, and get your dps to pop their CDs on the important mobs instead of say, on the boss on the pull, it should get fairly managable.

Making all of your non-healers dispel what they can can be a huge help also i believe, all paladins can do poisons, etc.

Deleted
    we one shot it and kinda lold. easiest boss of the first 5 - although that's not saying much.

Quote Originally Posted by Treseme View Post
    Instance doesn't get hard until Ji-khun.
    Really? Ji-Khun felt much easier than Mageara or the horrific trash between Ji-Khun and Mageara that was probably exacerbated by the raid group running around like headless chickens spawning spiders and aggroing snails left right and center.

Is Durumu onwards really difficult? Our raid night ended before we got to look at Durumu.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    we one shot it and kinda lold. easiest boss of the first 5 - although that's not saying much.
    Magaera was easier. Laughable.

Finally got Horridon down tonight. Still a pain in the butt, but it really does become a breeze after the third door.

Had the paladin tank holding Horridon in toward the middle after all, just seemed easier to control the adds that way. I honestly can't remember now if we used Heroism on door 2 or 3... pretty sure it was the second. For some reason that one was always much messier than the third, maybe kiting was just easier as a monk on that one so the orbs weren't really a problem.

We didn't get council down yet, but honestly I feel better about that fight than I do Horridon. We got Sul down to 30% on the attempt before we had to call it for the night.

Our raid just killed Horridon (10 man) tonight. Our average iLvl is low to mid 490's. It took some practice, but it never felt insurmountable, and was overall a very gratifying kill. That said, he's definitely what I would describe as overtuned. At least on 10 man (can't speak for 25), this fight is fairly demanding if you're wearing all 483-496 gear. I'm all for a little challenge, but I expected it to ramp up a little slower. I think the majority of 10-man raids will find him to be a brick wall until they gear up through LFR and the new faction, which to me seems a bit cruel for the 2nd boss of a new tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaimani View Post
    Our raid just killed Horridon (10 man) tonight. Our average iLvl is low to mid 490's. It took some practice, but it never felt insurmountable, and was overall a very gratifying kill. That said, he's definitely what I would describe as overtuned. At least on 10 man (can't speak for 25), this fight is fairly demanding if you're wearing all 483-496 gear. I'm all for a little challenge, but I expected it to ramp up a little slower. I think the majority of 10-man raids will find him to be a brick wall until they gear up through LFR and the new faction, which to me seems a bit cruel for the 2nd boss of a new tier.
    im pretty much agreeing with this, except ours was around 490-500 at the highest, its a insanely tight kill for us, and if you have less gear your pretty much screwed. you be able to atleast progress somewhat without last tiers heroic gear

Deleted
    For the priests how frequent do they cast their poison can you keep them kickerd/cc'ed at least one to reduce the amount of poisons cast ?

Deleted
    It is less than 15 secs in between.. One person can single interrupt each priest and dps just need to bring effusions down fast enough for them not to cast it.. CCs I´m not sure of, seems like it would be real easy to break them out with all the cleaves/aoe going on at times

We will have to bring more interrupters for tonights raid, I was the only one last night able to solointerrupt one add :P Tank was kinda busy running around all over..

Will also have our monk heal since they seem to kinda do wonders on this fight

Deleted
    This is all about execution. Especially the difference in damage when the second trolls are handled properly vs. handled poorly is huge. In our 10 man with 500ish ilvl on average we 2 healed this with hpal/disc priest, so I as a hpal was the only one with working dispell for poisons.. But with proper interrupts on poison bolt volleys and fast effusion nukes (+ stuns on everything that can be stunned) the second adds were a breeze. Definately hardest of the first three, but not really overtuned imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootz View Post
    Really? Ji-Khun felt much easier than Mageara or the horrific trash between Ji-Khun and Mageara that was probably exacerbated by the raid group running around like headless chickens spawning spiders and aggroing snails left right and center.

Is Durumu onwards really difficult? Our raid night ended before we got to look at Durumu.
    Dat Maze. Just mark someone who can do the pattern right and it's not bad. You can see which side is the good side before the maze starts by looking at the lightning marks on the ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    We 2 shot him on tuesday. Just have people assigned to interrupt and burst the important adds (forget the names right now, one heals and one drops the orb). Make sure you have assigned dispels as well. It's really not that bad. Just add control and avoiding the frost and poison nonsense. The only boss that took more than 2 attempts was Tortos due to learning the timing of the Shell Kick. 25 man.
    Last edited by Varyk; 2013-03-07 at 07:48 AM.

Deleted
    We also killed it on the 3rd attempt or so. Really no big deal if you aoe/cleave the adds down fast enough. Didn't even lust on them. And I died on the kill try thanks to the tanks not holding aggro while I completely went nuts on the adds with lavabeam.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazmina View Post
    Don't know if its been mentioned but the adds that proc the disease do so on hit, and they have no aggro table and attack randomly. You can stun, slow, root, ect them to prevent people from getting hit and they only have like 700k to 1.6mil, our group managed to down it with only a priest for disease cleansing.
    Yup, they had me a frost mage focusing the 900k health ones down as soon as they spawned, that was the ONLY thing i did that phase. we had to use like 4 dispells in total for that phase. It's a joke of a phase once you actually figure out what is causing the problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    Dinomancer burned to 50% then close gate then special adds tbh, dinomancer means you wont get more special ones
    That is untrue, you will always get 3 special adds, no more, no less.
    Also can someone please answer:
    Does Mass Dispell work for the following:

- Poison on Gurbashi Door (2nd)
    - Disease on Drakkari Door (3rd)?

10+ Year Old Account
    We one-shot Jin'rokh last night. Horridon took us 7 tries until we got interrupts on poison bolt volleys halfway under control. Everyone who could dispel a certain type of debuff had to so do on CD. As soon as we had that covered, it was only a matter of getting kill priorities halfway straight and Horridon was down as soon as we managed to reach P2. Doors 2 and 3 are the annoying ones. We used Heroism for door 3 because the orbs were cluttering everything if we didn't kill those mobs quickly enough. There's a lot of room for optimization, but all in all, it went fairly smoothly.

Next up: Council. That one's fun but absolutely chaotic. We need to get some structure in there when we return there tonight. We could only raid 2.5 hours last night, so I'm fairly satisfied what with having killed 2 bosses and got a good look at the third already.

We had only 10/16 heroic down in T14, so we're a fairly average guild, I'd say.