Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Koraman View Post
    Question- the 5.2 honor gear has more pvp resil and pvp power than than the non-upgraded 5.1 version, but has, for example, less agility and less stamina. Which one is better?

Also, even the upgraded 5.1 malev gear has less pvp power and resil than the 5.2 honor gear. Do pvp power and resil gains make it worth giving up the agility and stam gains of the upgraded 5.1 gear for the 5.2 honor gear?

It is kind of aggravating since I thought upgraded 5.1 malev was supposed to be better than 5.2 honor gear, but it is not clear to me which is better.
    5.2 honor gear will still be better, because PVP resilience is still the best stat by far even with this nerf.
    But if you already upgraded original malevolent pieces it would be best to replace them directly with tyrannical, unless you have excess honor. You should replace the un-upgraded pieces first to 5.2 malevolent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    [*] Resilience is worse than it was, but still the best stat by far.
    Which is a huge hit to healers who for some obscure reason only get half the PvP Power on top of the 30% blanket healing nerf.
    [*] Resilience and PvP Power are still way better than PvE gear[*] The 'rofl' procs from PvE gear have a lesser proc chance vs players, meaning that they will probably proc once every 1 minute or so and it'll be completely RNG. (and thus will be useless probably 95% of times they proc. PvP trinkets are way more reliable).
    Lesser proc chance vs players doesn't mean low procc chance. Their chance is fairly high to begin with and the bonus they give is huge. Especially seeing how they stated upgrading is unlikely to come back for PvP but will come back for PvE. This means the heroic ones who're already superior to PvP trinkets will be even better because they gain another 8 ilevels on them.
    [*] Metagems won't be able to be placed in PvP gear because the iLevel isn't high enough[/LIST]
    Elite PvP Gear has a higher ilevel, they're usable in those.

Here we have a PvP Elite Weapon, isn't it nice?
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=91088
    And here we have a heroic raiding weapon, isn't it much nicer?
    http://www.wowdb.com/items/96553-uro...nger-of-terror

+4k min dmg
    +5k max dmg
    + 250 strenght + strenght gem + 60 strenght socket bonus.

Now upgrade it to 2/2 which makes it nearly 7k more max damage and 4,5k more min dmg. Alongside a nice gain of strenght and other abilities.

Whoever can't see that this will become a huge issue, no comment. And with resilience being nerfed, don't tell me this isn't a nerf we all know it is, for many classes especially DPS PvE items become more desirable again.

The Sha touched weapon http://www.wowhead.com/item=87176 was already better than the PvP weapon by quite a lot and it only had about 20 ilevels on it. Uroe is going to have 30 ilevels on the PvP elite weapons.
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2013-03-07 at 08:32 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post

Now upgrade it to 2/2 which makes it nearly 7k more max damage and 4,5k more min dmg.

The Sha touched weapon was already better than the PvP weapon by quite a lot and it only had about 20 ilevels on it.
    Cant upgrade items anymore in 5.2 and if pve-weapons were so imbalanced in 5.1 how come exactly No people in top teams used pve-weapons?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Cant upgrade items anymore in 5.2 and if pve-weapons were so imbalanced in 5.1 how come exactly No people in top teams used pve-weapons?
    How about you properly read what people are writing when nitpicking?
    Especially seeing how they stated upgrading is unlikely to come back for PvP but will come back for PvE. This means the heroic ones who're already superior to PvP trinkets will be even better because they gain another 8 ilevels on them.
    And the reason why the heroic Sha weapons were so rare, is because only about 400 guilds in the entire world downed heroic Sha to begin with. That's about 4000-10000 players all in all. Now split it on all the different regions (Asia, Russia, EU, US), deduce those who simply can't properly utilize these weapons because they don't really work for their class, those who don't play a "great" class, are altogether horrible PvPers or don't have any real interest in PvP and you'll find that only a tiny number of people actually got a hold of these weapons and even fewer would use them in PvP.

The Heroic weapon was merely the most extreme example, the thunderforged normal is nearly as good and still far superior to the PvP T2 even without upgrades.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    How about you properly read what people are writing when nitpicking?
    I responded directly to the things that was wrong with your post. The rest is not of any interest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    I responded directly to the things that was wrong with your post. The rest is not of any interest.
    Let's see, you take something completly out of context when it is actually explained that my whole post is about the weapons becoming even stronger once 5.3 and the upgrades return as PvP items are unlikely to be upgradable as stated by Blizzard.
    When I point that out and your lacking reading comprehension becomes obvious all you do is to give some childish nonsensical answer because you embarassed yourself? I think we're done hear, grow up.

I have another question. As a Jewelcrafting hunter I can use 2x red 320 agi gems in my pvp set. Is it worth it to use 2x Lucent Vem Onyx instead?

I would be trading 640 agi for 160 agi and 320 pvp resil. Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koraman View Post
    I have another question. As a Jewelcrafting hunter I can use 2x red 320 agi gems in my pvp set. Is it worth it to use 2x Lucent Vem Onyx instead?
    A good rule of thumb is to treat PvP Power and PvP Resilience the same as a main stat. In this case I'd go for the extra agility (640 > 360+160).
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1