Thread: Issues with 5.2

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Issues with 5.2

So, Blizzard, in their infinite wisdom, decides to gate new crafted patterns for both blacksmiths and engineers behind the server doing dailies. They also admitted they put too many dailies in the game, yet there are an assload of new ones that are prety much mandatory for the entire server to do in order for blacksmiths to access the new crafted pvp gear. Amazingly enough, leatherworkers and tailors get something off the bat that gives them the discovery. And what mental midget decided to make the recipes a discovery? IMO, someone needs to go to the development team and start lynching people.

On another note, I was estatic when I saw the change to the old pvp gear. If you have the CR in rbgs, you can buy the old pvp gear. YAY!!!!!! Finally I get to have my shiny golden banana dk!!!!! OH WAIT! Blizzard has left the class restrictions on every piece of gear, so dks and monks will never be able to access these pieces of gear. THANKS A LOT YOU ASSHOLES!

Blizzard still hasn't done anything to fix the problems with pvp. It seems their answer is to just buff everyones damage and they think that is a solution. There is nothig worse than being cc'd for almost a minute straight in a random bg, but now you add into the mix the ridiculous damage that some of the classes do now, and pvp is ina massive shit state. Ring of peace is probably the worst idea ever instituted into live pvp, and shuriken toss is right behind that. I don't get why blizzard hasn't done anything to fix this. It's not liek it hasn't been a serious problem on the ptr for weeks.

As for UHDK's, they are worse than ever. THe pet seems to have become worse instead of better. It randomly screws off to attack things, and getting it to assist you, even with every attack having an assist macro, is near impossible, which means you lose one of the things that makes UHDKs viable, gnaw. Add into that that the pet is the squishiest pet of any pet class by a significant margin, and has a 2 minute res cd, and you have a broken class that is not getting any fixes to the core problems. And before all you trolls jump on me and say my gear is shit, I am a fully upgraded mal dk with a t2 weapon, and my pet, FULLY BUFFED, has 195k hp. I have seen hunters who are in half dreadful have pets with 260k + hp. And they don't have to sacrifice a significant portion of their dps to heal their pet, and they can res their pet at any time.

This may sound like a QQ thread, but it really isn't. I don't get why blizzard has blatantly turned a blind eye to many of the major probolems with the game in its current state, and keeps tryign to fix things that aren't broken, i.e. T2 weapons, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see a lot of capslock because you can't wear bananas.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some people are really hard to please and will never be happy...

Just to paraphrase the OP then:

My UDK isn't as OP as I want it to be and I can't get other classes gear... QQ 5.2 is crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by forwards1ca View Post
    IMO, someone needs to go to the development team and start lynching people.
    THANKS A LOT YOU ASSHOLES!
    This is hardly constructive. Tone it down from here on out

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

This may sound like a QQ thread, but it really isn't.
    I'm afraid your post is the perfect example of a QQ post, no offense. You don't really offer any ideas to how things should be, nothing constructive, only complaints.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, yes it is..

And this form of gating isn't new at all.. When v2.4 (Sunwell) was released, 6 years ago, the entire server also worked together with dailies to bring down the gating system..
    You couldn't see the process on he map, like you can now, but there was servers/websites that tracked the progress.

You might not be able to get the recipes you want RIGHT NOW, but who cares? The people you want to brandish your enlarged e-peen at, also don't have access to the very same recipes, and thus noone is at a loss.

Sit down and enjoy, that Blzzard, for once, have created a an interrestig quest hub!
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    How about Feral druids? We'll rarely be accepted onto an arena team now that our CC is gone. I'll admit that cyclone spam was OP, but they should have given us something to compensate. I'd like to be able to rejuv while in cat form without having to switch out.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I'm afraid your post is the perfect example of a QQ post, no offense. You don't really offer any ideas to how things should be, nothing constructive, only complaints.
    The reason i don't offer ideas is because the fixes are so freaking simple that they really speak for themselves.

1. Don't gate some professions and not others
    2. Make a pet class where the pet does what it is supposed to and has some survivability on par with other pets.
    3. If you're going to allow old gear to be purchased with new titles, don't leave out the new classes that weren't inthe game when the gear was available, or don't let anyone have it. Leaving out 2 classes is either a major oversight, or a complete dick move.
    4. Most importantly, make an attepmt to fix the core issues with pvp instead of just throwing a bandaid on everything. I'm not agame designer, nor am I overly creative with things liek this, but it really needs reworking. It really seems that BLizz is suffering forma a major case of tryign to fix what ain't broken and ignoring what is.

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 05:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    Just to paraphrase the OP then:

My UDK isn't as OP as I want it to be and I can't get other classes gear... QQ 5.2 is crap.
    You obviously didn't read what I wrote, or you're a bad troll. I'm going to assume you didn't really understand what I was saying, so I'm going to use small words and restate it. UHDK's have had serious issues with pet management and rotation for quite a while. The pet doesn't do what it is supposed to half the time, and it dies very easily. I care not whether UH is op or not. What I do care about is Blizzard ignoring the issues for 2 expansions. It's not like its the only pet class inthe game, so coding the pet is a new thing. They just seem to not give a crap about it. There is a very specific reason why you don't see UHDK's in pvp anywhere. It's because the spec is broken, and while blizzard has done a few things to help out (which are very nice), the major problems aren't even being looked at.

In short, beofre you decide to try and deride or belittle someone, try actually readng what they posted before making inane comments.

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 05:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    How about Feral druids? We'll rarely be accepted onto an arena team now that our CC is gone. I'll admit that cyclone spam was OP, but they should have given us something to compensate. I'd like to be able to rejuv while in cat form without having to switch out.
    yeah. ferals got a big shaft job, but it was needed. the ability to cyclone spam was ridiculously overpowered, and needed a nerf, but not as severe as it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    3. If you're going to allow old gear to be purchased with new titles, don't leave out the new classes that weren't inthe game when the gear was available, or don't let anyone have it. Leaving out 2 classes is either a major oversight, or a complete dick move.
    Those tiers were not made for you. You may as well say that warlocks should be able to wear priest tiers. You can achieve a lot of tier looks by using different coloured versions, and that's good enough.

It's a QQ thread, almost thought it was a troll thread to be frank.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    Those tiers were not made for you. You may as well say that warlocks should be able to wear priest tiers. You can achieve a lot of tier looks by using different coloured versions, and that's good enough.

It's a QQ thread, almost thought it was a troll thread to be frank.
    These tiers weren't made for anyone who didn't get the titles in Vanilla. By your troll logic, no-one who didn't get them in Vanilla should get them now. And priests have their own tier. They weren't left out of the whole thing. Excluding 2 classes is either a dick move or an oversight, as I said.

You calling my thread a troll thread when your response ii clearly a troll response is quite funny.

If it's all for transmog I don't see why clothies can't share sets. Why can't your warlock wear the priest set? I don't get what the objection to that is?
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-03-07 at 07:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    These tiers weren't made for anyone who didn't get the titles in Vanilla. By your troll logic, no-one who didn't get them in Vanilla should get them now. And priests have their own tier. They weren't left out of the whole thing. Excluding 2 classes is either a dick move or an oversight, as I said.

You calling my thread a troll thread when your response ii clearly a troll response is quite funny.
    Well yeah, I believe that if people didn't earn something they shouldn't be able to get it. It's not your tier, and it's weird that it's a big deal. I almost wish they'd never put in transmog because it seems nothing is ever good enough.

And I said I thought it was a troll thread, but you just outright called me a troll.
    Last edited by Uennie; 2013-03-07 at 06:58 AM.

Please can someone explain to me the thing about banana shoulders? I thought that was the t1 Pala set unless they made a massive change to the old, ie level 60, honor gear.

Please can someone fill me in?

Also: Your DK isn't amazing at PvP right this very minute? My Retri Pala thinks this is very cute as she respecs to holy because EVERY FUCKING MAGE DISPELLS MY WINGS!
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well yeah, I believe that if people didn't earn something they shouldn't be able to get it. It's not your tier, and it's weird that it's a big deal. I almost wish they'd never put in transmog because it seems nothing is ever good enough.

And I said I thought it was a troll thread, but you just outright called me a troll.
    I'm not disagreeing with you. If you bothered to actually read what I wrote, you'd see that I have earned the right to purchase this gear according to the new rules, but blizzard neglected to make any of it useable by 2 classes. The fact that its not my tier is irrelevant. Blizzard either shoudl not make it useable for anyone, or include the 2 new classes on some of the current gear. Excluding the new classes is an asshat move. And I don't think its fair that they don't allow players who didn't olay in vanilla access to a bunch of cool things. With all the carebear, give everyone everything attitude that blizzard seems to display now, I'm amazed that this is still an issue.

As far as i am concerned, your original response offered nothing constructive, and was therefor a troll response.

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 08:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticBadger View Post
    Please can someone explain to me the thing about banana shoulders? I thought that was the t1 Pala set unless they made a massive change to the old, ie level 60, honor gear.

Please can someone fill me in?

Also: Your DK isn't amazing at PvP right this very minute? My Retri Pala thinks this is very cute as she respecs to holy because EVERY FUCKING MAGE DISPELLS MY WINGS!
    I feel your pain, but if you actually bothered to read what I worte, you'd see that I'm not complaining that unholy isnt awesome. What I am complaining about is Blizzards refusal to fix a couple issues that are screwing the class and have been present for 2 expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really it is....

I don't get why blizzard has blatantly turned a blind eye to many of the major probolems with the game in its current state, and keeps tryign to fix things that aren't broken, i.e. T2 weapons, etc.
    You have no idea what major problems/issues are. I'm not a PVP'er, but several friends that do PVP tell me that it may not be as good as desired, but it has been worse, way worse. All your ranting seems to only expose a sense of jealousy. Besides if UHDK is not good, why not try a different spec then.
    I'm not happy about where my arcane mage is at the moment, even more than the drop in DPS, the rotation is more boring than ever now...
    But I'll still keep playing my mage as arcane, since I don't like fire or frost. If it continues to be this way, I may switch to an alt for main, don't know. Roll with the punches a bit and see what happens...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not disagreeing with you. If you bothered to actually read what I wrote, you'd see that I have earned the right to purchase this gear according to the new rules, but blizzard neglected to make any of it useable by 2 classes. The fact that its not my tier is irrelevant. Blizzard either shoudl not make it useable for anyone, or include the 2 new classes on some of the current gear. Excluding the new classes is an asshat move. And I don't think its fair that they don't allow players who didn't olay in vanilla access to a bunch of cool things. With all the carebear, give everyone everything attitude that blizzard seems to display now, I'm amazed that this is still an issue.

As far as i am concerned, your original response offered nothing constructive, and was therefor a troll response.
    Well as long as you keep changing why you think I'm a troll I guess it's okay.

You made a thread, apparently you don't want people to disagree with you. Well, people do, I do, and that's just how it is. You can either be gracious about it, or you can run around calling people a troll because you can't deal with it. You're one of those people where nothing is ever good enough, we got transmog, but hey why not capslock cuss for more. If you don't want people to not take you seriously for making a QQ thread, probably either don't make it or approach it from another angle aside from "YOU ASSHOLES".
    Last edited by Uennie; 2013-03-07 at 09:15 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    Really it is....

You have no idea what major problems/issues are. I'm not a PVP'er, but several friends that do PVP tell me that it may not be as good as desired, but it has been worse, way worse. All your ranting seems to only expose a sense of jealousy. Besides if UHDK is not good, why not try a different spec then.
    I'm not happy about where my arcane mage is at the moment, even more than the drop in DPS, the rotation is more boring than ever now...
    But I'll still keep playing my mage as arcane, since I don't like fire or frost. If it continues to be this way, I may switch to an alt for main, don't know. Roll with the punches a bit and see what happens...
    As a matter of fact, I do have an idea of what some of the major problems/issues are with this game. I just didn't want to go into a list of them because there are already a crapton of threads ou there that do so. While pvp may have been worse at one point, it wasn't much worse. As of right now, pvp is ppretty much the worst it has been since I have been playing, which was mid-BC. Class imbalance, out-of-control cc, and an MMR/rating system that is completely screwed up has made rated pvp the least fun it ever has been. I am not jealous of other classes. I play the class I play because I love iy and for no other reason. The problem I have with Unholy is not that it is a subpar spec. The issue is that it has had severe pet issues for 2 expansions. Blizzard is well aware of this, yet they do nothing about it. The fix is simple, yet they continue to ignore it. And to make it even worse, they say they have buffed the class, but they aren't fixing the one thing that dks have been asking to be foxed for 2 expansions. Its almost a slap in the face.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you complain about stuff without offering ideas as to how it could be better handled, its a QQ thread IMO.
    “The Jedi…the Sith…you don’t get it, do you? To the galaxy, they’re the same thing; just men and women with too much power, squabbling over religion, while the rest of us burn.”-Atton Rand

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well as long as you keep changing why you think I'm a troll I guess it's okay.

You made a thread, apparently you don't want people to disagree with you. Well, people do, I do, and that's just how it is. You can either be gracious about it, or you can run around calling people a troll because you can't deal with it. You're one of those people where nothing is ever good enough, we got transmog, but hey why not capslock cuss for more. If you don't want people to not take you seriously for making a QQ thread, probably either don't make it or approach it from another angle aside from "YOU ASSHOLES".
    I dont mind it when people disagree with me. You are very welcome to your opinion, and disagreement is one of the toosl that leads to improvement. I'm not callign you a troll because you disagree with em. I called you a troll because all you said was "QQ" and you offered absolutely nothing constructive. When you can offer a well-thought out, constructive arguement with valid points, we can have an intelligent discussion. until then, you will be considered a troll. Good day, sir

I SAID GOOD DAY!

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 10:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wargon View Post
    When you complain about stuff without offering ideas as to how it could be better handled, its a QQ thread IMO.
    I am not a game designer, nor am I overly creative. I don't feel that I need to offer ideas on how to better handle things. I am a paying customer who has the right to complain if I feel that the service I am paying for is sub-par. Would you go out to a steakhouse and offer suggestions to the management on how they could better prepare your steak if you though it was a crappy one?