Deleted

[Mage] Simcraft 5.2

hey there,

just saw that updated profiles for 5.2 sims are out on their page (i cannot link ). i had a quick look - in t15hc gear arcane ahead and frost still in front of fire??

just had a quick look at the arcane profile, haste-build, rop with barrage for resetting - hmmmm.

did anybody have a deeper look into the profiles especially for frost/fire and can confirm their formal correctness somehow?

maybe we can get some discussion going here or can share some other profiles especially for arcane (haste-invo, mastery-rop,...).
    Last edited by mmoc5ecf75b06e; 2013-03-07 at 09:24 AM.

Deleted
    the result is here : http://www.simulationcraft.org/520/Raid_T15H.html

Not so much surprise but it's patchwerk fight and ToT don't have any. But I will still help on finding better rotation and such.

Deleted
    seems like they are still updating things - now its much more as expected

10+ Year Old Account
    The trick for mages interpreting simcraft is that arcane can never reach the theoretical numbers while fire is usually stronger than personal simulations show. All I can currently see is that at ilvl 503-ish us three mages are quite close to eachother. We'll see tonight on Tortos and Megaera.
    My magic will tear you apart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    The trick for mages interpreting simcraft is that arcane can never reach the theoretical numbers while fire is usually stronger than personal simulations show. All I can currently see is that at ilvl 503-ish us three mages are quite close to eachother. We'll see tonight on Tortos and Megaera.
    Have fun on Tortos. Soooooooo much fun if you like having casts interrupted.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Have fun on Tortos. Soooooooo much fun if you like having casts interrupted.
    Scorch became my best friend towards the end of that fight.

I don't think the current Simcraft 5-20-1 has any of the 5.2 mage changes in it. Most of the other class modules got updated but there is nothing about the new Arcane stack changes - Pyro nerf etc so I would say don't trust the simcraft numbers at all until at least the 5.2 mechanics are in

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RedTGP View Post
    I don't think the current Simcraft 5-20-1 has any of the 5.2 mage changes in it. Most of the other class modules got updated but there is nothing about the new Arcane stack changes - Pyro nerf etc so I would say don't trust the simcraft numbers at all until at least the 5.2 mechanics are in
    The other day I saw the pyro nerf in the files and according the arcane profile, the 4 AB stacks should be implemented, too. So it should be right.

520-1 SimC includes all the PTR changes. They can extract spell data without having to update SimC files (using dbc files I believe), so you won't always see SVN updates for them.

Deleted
    Even if SimC include all Hitfixes change, if there's nobody to change the profiles (testing, etc), they will be the same for a moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    About what I expected for patchwerk fight. Which I am pretty sure this is NOT what this tier is about.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Did anyone actually run the sims themselves? I'm getting way lower numbers than what's on simc.org T15H results. (Using Mage BiS and all buffs and patchwerk and same fight length.)

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 04:32 PM ----------

Hmmmmmmmmm. I wonder if that sim T15H results were using thunderfoged or those item upgrades...

---------- Post added 2013-03-07 at 04:43 PM ----------

Nah I upgraded all the gear to level 2 (I don't even know if every piece of gear is even upgradable to 2) and I went way above what the sim.org list shows so...I'm still confused.

Deleted
    i also get different numbers than on the page mhhh

A couple of things:
    - Yes SimC gets nearly all of their damage numbers directly from the Game files: The numbers you see InGame on a spells tooltip.
    - A Hotfix isn't updated in the InGame tooltips, so in SimC someone needs to manually add it as a hotfix ( and when it actually gets changed, remove it again ). This was the case with Pyroblast, which apparently still has a -10% hotfix in it. This hotfix should be included in 520-1. It was then mistakenly removed and now added again.
    - Simulationcraft.org works with the latest changes, not with what you get on a release. This means every commit to the svn repository will directly - with a delay of a couple hours - affect the results on Simulationcraft.org
    - You can always check the mage mechanics at https://code.google.com/p/simulation...es/sc_mage.cpp . It should be very easy to understand most of the things in there, even with nearly no coding experience. Searching through the file by spell/mechanic name of course helps, otherwise its hard to find what you want.
    - Always discriminate between the SimC simulation itself ( which might be 99.999% accurate ), and the input you put in ( Besides gear, talents, glyphs this also includes action priority lists ). While the default sample action priority lists had been worked on a bit ( but might still not be optimal ), I know that the mage profiles ( gear, talents ) haven't had much work put in them. That's mainly because there hasn't been a active, dedicated mage dev for a long while, and because the input from the community is pretty weak. You can checkout https://code.google.com/p/simulation...Mage_T15H.simc to judge for yourself how much effort was put into them.
    Last edited by Caltiom; 2013-03-08 at 01:26 PM.