Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Normally bop makes you immune to anything physical, including a stun that was physical.

BoP worked on garalon, I assume it works on tot too

Holy Priests received few modifications, though they will benefit from some of the talent changes. We think Holy is in a good place in PvE relative to other healers but was just so overshadowed by Discipline that they weren’t as common. That may change as the specs fill different niches.
    Again they ignore PvP holy, again they give a paragraph on PvP and PvE Disc.

Why is disc one of the 2 healing specs for a priest the only one of the 2 healing specs to get actually PvP love? Ignoring Holy PvP is like ignoring a whole another class with a healing spec. If they give half the buffs they gave to disc for survivability to holy, holy could be competitive.

Give disc a silence immunity, that will fix that! Holy get it too? Nah too much work.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Again they ignore PvP holy, again they give a paragraph on PvP and PvE Disc.

Why is disc one of the 2 healing specs for a priest the only one of the 2 healing specs to get actually PvP love? Ignoring Holy PvP is like ignoring a whole another class with a healing spec. If they give half the buffs they gave to disc for survivability to holy, holy could be competitive.

Give disc a silence immunity, that will fix that! Holy get it too? Nah too much work.
    GS is now castable when stunned and Holy also got Focused Will.
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    GS is now castable when stunned and Holy also got Focused Will.
    Didn't see focused will being added for holy yea! Now we need a better set bonus and the silence immunity.

With the set bonus we will just be stance dancing... which is the opposite of what GC says it should be used for since it's a "resource"

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Didn't see focused will being added for holy yea! Now we need a better set bonus and the silence immunity.

With the set bonus we will just be stance dancing... which is the opposite of what GC says it should be used for since it's a "resource"
    GC is great, isn't he?! It'll allow you to swap easily between dps and healing I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ndogg View Post
    Just wanted to post this question here to not open a extra thread. My guild is working on Tortos. I wondered if a paladin BoP'ed me before quake hit it would not break my channel of Divine Hymn when you get stunned.
    It does. However, I HIGHLY recommend you go Disc (I pulled like 90k HPS as Disc, the fight is really made for it). But yes, our Holy Pally would BoP our Druid through stuns that I couldn't not Spirit Shell.

Been bouncing between Holy and Disc for Magaera, Holy doesn't seem to have the ability to keep up (thought to be fair, our DPS was terrible....). Disc I was able to last with 50% mana while DPS'n fairly well and toping meters to the last head, Holy was running on fumes by 5th head and last on healing... (10 man) Maybe I just forgot how to Holy (don't think so, was fine the first 2 bosses) Seems that Holy still has sustain issues, Disc is still marginally ahead of other healers (been able to consistently top meters on every fight I've been Disc).

I thought Spirit Shell was not supposed to be a throughput increase anymore (cause it totally is still...). 35k PoH's are turning into 55-60k Spirit Shells, which is totally a throughput increase. Thought the idea was 35k PoH = ~35k Spirit Shell (slightly higher because of the crit portion of the formula).

You're always going to have to play smarter as Holy - but for most fights (25 man) it is the right choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    GC is great, isn't he?! It'll allow you to swap easily between dps and healing I suppose.
    If only chastise was a stun again and they didn't beef it's cd it would be a decent CC

I couldn't find any thread regarding BiS trinkets, EJ didn't do anything yet, and nor did anyone else.

Are trinkets pretty much the same on mana reg that no one cares or am i missing something?

I planned on going with 2x Spi trinkets with HPS boost procs.

New trinkets are up:
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/trinkets/priestdisc
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/trinkets/priestholy
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/trinkets/priestshadow

In general, while the new trinkets have better stats, the regen proc effects offer less return than the ones from the previous tier.
    Especially if you took the opportunity to upgrade the last tier trinkets while you could.
    Even if you haven't upgraded it, Spirit of the Sun (H) is still the best regen trinket ingame, and the darkmoon trinket still rocks.

This is exactly how Cata trinkets worked, by the way. They get you better troughput, but less and less regen every tier.
    I totally expect a trinket in T16 to offer +200 mana whenever you kill a raidboss as the main selling point.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Is that certain for Spirit of the Sun? It was awesome when we benefited from short term spirit procs, but is that the case now when they do not exist for us anymore?

As 1400 spirit for normal trinket is a lot, especially if you take 2 of them. 3k spirit, that's 30% of my current spirit, which will allow me to reforge out of spirit on pretty much everything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twintop View Post
    Shadow buffs are making us very competitive. I can see now where the +20% Mind Blast buff and/or the change to 'flat' Devouring Plague would have been overkill.
    http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/realistic#502

says something different..

Quote Originally Posted by excelli View Post
    It's a good thing we base all of our assumptions of theoretical class DPS around a pie chart on Noxxic and not actual personal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by phyx View Post
    Is that certain for Spirit of the Sun? It was awesome when we benefited from short term spirit procs, but is that the case now when they do not exist for us anymore?

As 1400 spirit for normal trinket is a lot, especially if you take 2 of them. 3k spirit, that's 30% of my current spirit, which will allow me to reforge out of spirit on pretty much everything.
    The ask mr robot scores calculate average stats over time from the effects.
    For the spirit of the sun H thinket, that 7796 spirit lasting 20 seconds, but which is on an internal cooldown, averages out to a flat 1491 spirit over time. As to how they calculated that I do not actually know, but it sure beats having to calculate it myself.

Disc used to be able to cheese the trinket and get the full 7796 spirit when rapture hit, thus gaining far more than the average 1491 spirit. Ask Mr Robot does not cover those kinds of usecases. Anyway, Rapture is no longer affected by temporary buffs like the one offered by this trinket. So as far as rapture is concerned, the average score from this trinket is always 0. But if you want to see how this affects your meditation mana regen, modelling it as a 1491 flat spirit boost isn't going to be far off the real answer.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by excelli View Post
    Lets be honest here that graph tells us Frost is the best dps and we all know that isnt true. (Noxxic rankings suck)

Deleted
    Shadow DPS is very competitive right now, Mage's are at the bottom. Please don't even consider Noxxic or Simcraft but actual parses and logs. Go raid and see for yourself.

raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Score/25N/100/14/60/default/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moudai View Post
    Shadow DPS is very competitive right now, Mage's are at the bottom. Please don't even consider Noxxic or Simcraft but actual parses and logs. Go raid and see for yourself.

raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Score/25N/100/14/60/default/
    I ran LFR yesterday (yeah, I know....) & I was VERY happy with my DPS in 2nd half of HoF. Surprised after all the posts I read here telling me we'd be bottom by at least 2k theoretically....

15+ Year Old Account

thoughts ?

They do requeue onto a different target with SW : P if the ones they proc on die
    Last edited by soulyouth; 2013-03-20 at 02:15 AM.
    Sig by Safhira

Is that the case? That's not how I read that. Because what he's saying now is that with so much focus being on Shadowy Apparitions that if they haven't reached our target yet, we don't lose them when we should have spawned new ones.

Nothing in this says that we get to keep them (and his other tweets imply the complete opposite with targets dying). Is this the case?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...51624597700608

sorry forgot to put the whole link, there you go
    Sig by Safhira