Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

[Mage] Raidbots up with ToT Numbers

... and guess what? Mages are at the bottom nearly at every Encounter so far. The only exception is the Council of Elders, where Mages are at the middle of the pack. WoW, this is even worse than Sunwell back in BC. This is so frustrating...

Cant link to Raidbots here because of too few posts, but please go to Raidbots.com and check out "overall dps". We are dead last with all three specs.
    Last edited by mmoc79318eef88; 2013-03-07 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wintermute View Post
    ... and guess what? Mages are at the bottom nearly at every Encounter so far. The only exception is the Council of Elders, where Mages are at the middle of the pack. WoW, this is even worse than Sunwell back in BC. This is so frustrating...

Cant link to Raidbots here because of too few posts, but please go to Raidbots.com and check out "overall dps".
    QQ - Mages had the highest DPS spec of all the classes in 5.1 - http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/
    I am Dave ! Yognaught, and I have the balls!

Fire seems pretty middle of the pack, where as arcane/frost are pretty low.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    im a mage and i dont care. We have ups and we have downs, every class cant be best, there has to be a worst class every patch. We are the class the raid deserves, but the the one it needs right now, so they will laugh at us, because we can take it. Because we are not their hero. We are a silent bottom scrub, a watchful lootwhore... a dark knight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    wat are the 2 gob mounts.. i only know the trike

The top 100 ie good rng fire parses are middle of the pack. If you look at all parses instead of just top 100 literally all three mages specs in last place.

What annoys me is that we bring nothing other then DPS to the raid.. Oh sorry.. AB and some food... As far as i'm concerned the top DPS in this game should be single purpose classes.. Mages, Locks, Hunters, Rogues..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by squizz View Post
    What annoys me is that we bring nothing other then DPS to the raid.. Oh sorry.. AB and some food... As far as i'm concerned the top DPS in this game should be single purpose classes.. Mages, Locks, Hunters, Rogues..
    Locks bring a ton of stuff to the raid. Healthstones are more useful than ever, Portals help during encounters, oh and extremely good DPS and multi dotting to boot. Hunters can kite like no other and have a variety of possible buffs, Rogues have very good cleave as well as ability to soak things easily. Mages have.......nothing for in combat purposes. Time Warp, but that is also provided by Hunters (with the right pets), and Arcane Intellect which is helpful admittedly, and a very decent buff. So yes, Mages either need to pull better DPS towards the top of the charts or we need to have raid utility. I don't give a shit if we are on the bottom, as long as we have a reason to be there and make me feel helpful towards the raid.

Also, here is the link for overall DPS so far in 25m ToT: http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_D...11100000000000
    Last edited by LocNess; 2013-03-07 at 06:54 PM.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

10+ Year Old Account
    Using the past to justify the present is the least productive attitude the human race ever puts forth in attempting to progress forward.

Citing Arcane in 5.1 has no bearing on the state of the class in 5.2.

Deleted
    My GM for the first time start putting me on banch. Id we need somoone in raid. Frist what goes out are now mages. Thank you blizzard very much.

t's interesting that Fire still has nearly twice as many parses as Frost and Arcane combined.

It seems pretty likely that they're going to have to turn up the dials on all three specs, but I imagine they're going to want perhaps a week of data before they make any moves.

Quoted from Lhivera on the forums seems like they know that it's not working

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mexa View Post
    im a mage and i dont care. We have ups and we have downs, every class cant be best, there has to be a worst class every patch. We are the class the raid deserves, but the the one it needs right now, so they will laugh at us, because we can take it. Because we are not their hero. We are a silent bottom scrub, a watchful lootwhore... a dark knight.
    Oh we are bottom ? So why should our guild takes us into raid ? We will only slow down our guild in progress.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuckusUncle View Post
    t's interesting that Fire still has nearly twice as many parses as Frost and Arcane combined.

It seems pretty likely that they're going to have to turn up the dials on all three specs, but I imagine they're going to want perhaps a week of data before they make any moves.

Quoted from Lhivera on the forums seems like they know that it's not working
    Take everything Lhivera says with an ocean of salt.

Deleted
    ppl QQ about mages but in 5.1 locks was amazing dps, and guess what ... 5.2 top dog again!! its prety stupid of blizzard to let warlocks be top dps in ALL the encounters in 5.2

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    My GM for the first time start putting me on banch. Id we need somoone in raid. Frist what goes out are now mages. Thank you blizzard very much.
    Ye, guess what, 100% attendance 5.0-5.1 (100%!), never benched, 2nd raid, i'm already on the bench

Deleted
    I can see Fire scaling well with better gear, but how am I supposed to get that gear? I don't want to be carried through the raids 4 or 5 weeks later when all the bosses are on farm anyway. I spent something like 5 hours in the target dummy to try an fix my dps with all three mage specs and speding quite an amount of gold on gems, enchants and reforging trying to figure out what works best for me just to come to the comclusion that with my current gear, which is not the best to beginn with, I am not able to put out decent numbers. I am not too attatched to any spec an i will play what works the best anyway, but I'm out of options it seems. I would switch to a different class instantly if i had one ready at max level and decently geared, but that takes time and can't just ask my raidgroup to keep a spot open untill i come back with gear. I just feel realy useless as a mage right now and it starts to make me not want to log into the game at the moment.

The Pyroblast nerf hurt bad...really bad.

We're only doing well on cleave fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking at that a little more closely. It appears to be data gathered from one fight. If you go in deeper to the other bosses, nothing shows up. Or am I blind?
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

I wouldn't be surprised at wonkiness, and I'm not sure what is a display issue vs what is calculated behind the scenes, but right now I see data individually for everything but Horridon and the final three, though not all fights have data for all classes/specs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiry View Post
    Looking at that a little more closely. It appears to be data gathered from one fight. If you go in deeper to the other bosses, nothing shows up. Or am I blind?
    http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_D...14/60/default/

10+ Year Old Account
    That is the top 100 parses, if you switch to average they are on the bottom. More accurate, speaking it removes some of the RNG element.