Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    they have been hitting the gym, thought that was fairly obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Deleted
    Sometimes I can't shake the feeling that they're introducing the "updated" models everyone's asking for one-by-one, without many noticing. First Humans (Kalec?), then Nelves and Orcs (Tyrande, Azshara, Thrall), now trolls.

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just updating the models.

Kalec is a half-elf, and Tyrande and Azshara actually use entirely different models. Plus, Blizzard's said that these models aren't just new player model previews.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Kalec is a half-elf, and Tyrande and Azshara actually use entirely different models. Plus, Blizzard's said that these models aren't just new player model previews.
    They did? Alright.

for all the guys saying that it's just because "new models".

do you think if we get new orc models, they'll be purple?

do you think the new draenei models will be green?

it's obvious that their shape changed because of the new models. but that doesn't explain why the concept changed. why are the vanilla zandalari pink, the cata ones yellow and the new ones gray? they can't just say "they were always gray, you were just being colorblind before".
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post

it's obvious that their shape changed because of the new models. but that doesn't explain why the concept changed. why are the vanilla zandalari pink, the cata ones yellow and the new ones gray? they can't just say "they were always gray, you were just being colorblind before".
    Trolls are all kinds of colors. They'll probably just say there are different skin types.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioichi View Post
    Trolls are all kinds of colors. They'll probably just say there are different skin types.
    This.

And yes, they can say "Most Zandalari were always gray" seeing as how the old skins were just to make them stand out. The pink skins for Trolls were used almost exclusively for Trolls, likely to make them stand out as no other Troll used it (Farakki Trolls used something similar)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister J View Post
    This.

And yes, they can say "Most Zandalari were always gray" seeing as how the old skins were just to make them stand out. The pink skins for Trolls were used almost exclusively for Trolls, likely to make them stand out as no other Troll used it (Farakki Trolls used something similar)
    There are pink skins for the new zandalari models on the files, but I have to say I haven't run into one in game yet.

I'm okay with these little retcons, though I'd be more okay if they also replaced the old models.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    There are pink skins for the new zandalari models on the files, but I have to say I haven't run into one in game yet.

I'm okay with these little retcons, though I'd be more okay if they also replaced the old models.
    Those are underdetailed compared to the Pandaren, Goblins and Worgens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    Those are underdetailed compared to the Pandaren, Goblins and Worgens.
    Well, they are NPC mobs, not player characters. I think it's more the general style is appealing.

I'm guessing the blue tattoos are a sign of thunder power. I wonder if the scales are natural or a sign of flesh-shaping magic.

The Dangers of steroid abuse are big.

None of those are pink...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    None of those are pink...
    2nd one on the bottom. Kinda greyish-pink. A more realistic shade for troll flesh, sez I.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Should've made the Zandalari Horde aligned and given all the Alliance players that used to have rep with them comemorative giftbaskets or something.
    Why should they join the horde?

Image stuff

They look like overgrown goblins with tusks and malformed feet in the image. I didn't notice it on the island, but it struck me now.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Why should they join the horde?
    Dey got da troll brothas in da horde, mon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    Dey be gettin da troll bruddas in da horde, 'mon.
    Fixed for moar trollness!

Deleted
    Out with the old and in with the new. They look good and much more sinister.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    This is basicly blizzard and there method of scrapping what you once knew in favor of what is now.

Thrall is an example of this. We knew him as the doomhammer armor wearing orc who was hunched over like all other orcs. They then gave him a 'new' look that looked like a cross between a corrupt draenei and orc. This model was quickly scrapped and now he's given the only orc model showing him stood upright, and from the develops, this is how Thrall has always meant to have been standing, upright. anything before this is considered non-canon.

So same with the zandalari, and same with the goblins who's voices went from high pitched chipmunks to drugged up newyorker.
    Thrall in Warcraft 3

Thrall in Warcraft Adventures

Thrall in World of Warcraft (original model)

I feel that saying that Thrall has always been a hunchback is sort of a ... untruth... since he was only ever depicted as a hunchback in World of Warcraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post

Probably because all trolls used different colors of the same playable troll model in Vanilla so they choose a unused color palette to represent the Zandalari. They've just slowly added a unique model for each variety which each expansion. They obviously weren't happy with the Zandalari being brown Forest Trolls so they changed them to be very unique come 5.2. And honestly it makes much more sense this way to begin with.

Same thing happened with Sylvanas too from Vanilla -> BC -> WotLK