Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Should i go with a 4gb video card or go with a 2gb heres my gaming plan: Games will be Wildstar/TESO/Skyrim(heavily modded)/Phantasy Star Online 2/Final Fantasy A Realm Reborn, settings desired would have to be max at resolution 1920x1080
    You should be fine with a 2gb IMO unless you're doing other graphic-intensive things beyond games or running like 5760x1080 over 3 monitors.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    It's a joke :P Don't be that serious haha
    So, notice how no one laughed at your 'joke'?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    So, notice how no one laughed at your 'joke'?
    Leave him alone :P

God do I love Smart Actions, I finally got it right. I can have my phone on for over a week without needing to recharge <3

i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Thats crazy, what phone is it? I can only get like 1 day out of my S3 with moderate usage.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

15+ Year Old Account
    I finally got a sound card! I had bout 3 asus sound cards in the past but they never worked on my motherboard. I decided to try out soundblaster Zx out, and its install worked perfectly. I have not had good sound since like 6 months when my onboard sound gave out and I am proud to retire my Gamescom headset. I can finally put my DT880 and corsair s2500 to good use. While I have not had time to test thoroughly I am glad with its quality, I really want to test the beamforming more and still need to test the music quality with different types of music.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Corsair SP2500 are decent, they are really good for generic computer sound as far as mainstream products go, wheras the DT880 is actually good!

As far as batteries goes, I get far more milage out of my phone when I disable data-traffic, but I'd do that for the battery only if that were the case.
    The ROM I'm using is very generous in battery saving though, so I'm fine. Now it was, after 14 hours since I removed the charger at 35% and most of the battery drain was from calls, then something else, and only then comes the screen. (ie, I had used other things even more than the screen, which is unusual, so it'd have drained faster this way)
    Which is mighty fine for an SGS II.
    With data traffic enabled.
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do nvidia cards still don't clock down when using multiple monitors ... my 670 runs 915mhz when idling, and i have to use the nvidia inspector "multi display saving" utility to clock it to low power mode.

Deleted
    Neither does AMD's cards, at least not for me. My 7970 stays at 925MHz no matter what. I have to manually clock it down. It's no big deal though as I can easily swap between different over- and downclocks with global hotkeys.

Hm, my HD6970 didn't have that issue; Well, it didn't clock itself down as low as single monitor, but it didn't run full 3D-acceleration speeds either.
    &nbsp;

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it gets my system usage down, so i'd prefer it used that 2d low power mode :P. Wish there was an easier way of getting my biod CPU overclock profile enabled though. Have to reboot now.
    Looking at some numbers:
    Idle with multi-display savings, stock cpu: 87W
    Idle without multi-display savings, stock cpu: 119W
    Idle with multi-display savings, oc cpu: 129W
    Idle without multi-display savings, oc cpu: 161W.

So yeah, it's basicly double the consumption without the savings. And setting my oc profile off (i only need it for games like planetside and crysis3) saves me 42W.

(Btw, my postcount seems to have been frozen since my second lol-ban).
    Last edited by Majesticii; 2013-03-07 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Yeah it gets my system usage down, so i'd prefer it used that 2d low power mode :P. Wish there was an easier way of getting my biod CPU overclock profile enabled though. Have to reboot now.
    Looking at some numbers:
    Idle with multi-display savings, stock cpu: 87W
    Idle without multi-display savings, stock cpu: 119W
    Idle with multi-display savings, oc cpu: 129W
    Idle without multi-display savings, oc cpu: 161W.

So yeah, it's basicly double the consumption without the savings. And setting my oc profile off (i only need it for games like planetside and crysis3) saves me 42W.

(Btw, my postcount seems to have been frozen since my second lol-ban).
    You don't get post counts in the off-topic forums :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    That would explain it.

10+ Year Old Account
    testing....

Deleted
    You don't get post counts in the off-topic forums
    Not entirely correct. The forums count posts both in the Computer and the Computer Build / Upgrade Help sub-forums. It also counts for Gen-OT, Sport & Fitness and so on. I believe the parts were it does not count is Fun Stuff and Chat Zone, albeit I'm not certain bout the former after the change.

As this thread is in Chat Zone the forum does not count your posts here. This is mainly to prevent people from farming posts in the chat/forum games threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    This is mainly to prevent people from farming posts in the chat/forum games threads.
    Never understood the point of that. It's just a random number... Same on reddit, who gives a crap about those points irl ><

10+ Year Old Account
    Never understood the point of that. It's just a random number... Same on reddit, who gives a crap about those points irl ><
    Deltrus : /
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    ^

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Thats crazy, what phone is it? I can only get like 1 day out of my S3 with moderate usage.
    Motorola Droid Razr Maxx, with a 3300 mAh battery.

I've toyed around with Motorola's battery saving app, if I don't use the app I get ~2 days before needing to recharge. My friend recently got the Padfone 2 and I discovered Smart Actions is something that's made by Motorola, I'm not sure if it's useable on non-Motorola phones
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Deltrus : /
    >
    /10chars
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Droid Razr (vanilla) my battery life sucks, it has to be put on the charger every night

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't, it's just that i was concerned my account got stuck in limbo somewhere.