Thread: 5.2 so far

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

5.2 so far

Rogues are good again.
    Monks...not yet.
    Hunters didn't get fixed
    DKs dmg was high. So they doubled it.

And heals are waaay too powerful. Enjoy watching 3 dpsers trying to kill you.

^this ^this so much ^this gg

Don't post "this" posts. Contribute
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-03-08 at 10:24 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    <-- My face

(Playing DK, Rogue atm)

15+ Year Old Account
    Healers are way too strong, that is the first thing that struck me.
    Hunters still too much cc and interrupts especially vs casters.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    Hunters didn't get fixed.
    What do u mean?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just when I thought they couldn't make things worse (5.1) they make things worse (5.2). I feel like everybody is slowly being pushed away from their mains and into FOTM classes...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ebah View Post
    What do u mean?
    He probably meant that hunters got too much cc and interrupts.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    Rogues are good again.
    Monks...not yet.
    Hunters didn't get fixed
    DKs dmg was high. So they doubled it.

And heals are waaay too powerful. Enjoy watching 3 dpsers trying to kill you.
    They didn't double dk's dmamge, so nice try there. Monks are ridiculously OP right now due to RoP. I don't knwo whee you're getting your info from, but it is way wrong

Rogues even more annoying and bursty than they were before. The game was actually fun last patch, when meeting a rogue was rare. Monks, can't judge until next season's arena starts, but WW seems to do ridiculous amounts of damage on top of the untrinketable stun and MW with 45 second RoP is just... Someone needs to get fired at Blizzard for moving this past the idea stage. Hunters still full retard. DK damage still high, but.. Unless they sit in Blood Presence with Conversion up, they're still squishy as hell.

Also, healers are not "waaaay too powerful," I don't know where you'd get that kind of idea, except perhaps from Random BGs meeting healers that massively outgear you.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, from what I read of the OP's comment, he did 1 random bg and ran into a few people who severely outgear him and he came to rant. No thought or consideration put into his post.

Although, I will say that disc is back to being an OP healer again.

5.2 isn´t any better than 5.1 was.

From a shadow priest´s view (Rnd-BG with 7k Resilience and 13,5k PvP-Power, no PvP-Genius^^):
    Usually I kill more than I die and my dmg seems to be fine. But I still don´t really like PvP in WoW. It´s not the point that some classes are not balanced. It´s more the vast amount of moments we are stuck in dead faint. There is still way too much CC and there is especially too much unavoidable CC.

I would like to see some major changes to CC. For example a 3 seconds immunity to CC after 250k received dmg. And 2 seconds immunity to CC after using the insignia. There should be less schools for diminishing returns. CC should be used clever and not just spammed.

Every spec should have 1 ability to disarm or counter on a short cooldown. This ability shouldn´t cause a complete loss of control. In addition every spec should have 2 offensive and 2 defensive CDs on a long (about 1:30 mins) and a very long (2:30 mins) timer.

rogues are beyond good.
    rmp will top your ladders in a heart beat.
    hunters still have all their shitty 10 min CC but with warriors being completely dog it doesnt matter(only problematic hunter comps were kfcs due to the cc chain + the warrior dmg)
    flameglow could use a buff, 4k hit reduction is rly weak. either buff it, or revert ice barrier to 150-180k instead of the current shit.

dks are pretty shit despite the dmg buffs, but then again most of them still haven't came out of their holes or rerolled from their warrior.

random rogue here:

5.2 in PvE so far -->

5.2 in PvP so far --> I played through 5.0 - 5.1 and it was really not so much fun.

I don't know when the nerf hammer will fall but I'll try to enjoy the current state of things as much as possible

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that they need to reduce the cc available and make more things share dr with each other. I also think they need to make all CC break on damage or you're invulnerable to damage while cc's (think cyclone). Its complete bullshit that you can sit a full fear for 6 seconds and the lock/spriest can continue to light you up. Having rng on cc breaks is completely retarded and takes all the skill out of using cc. THey also need to implement shorter drs. Blanket silences need to go, but to do that, they need to return to cast times for people, which in todays care-bear wow will never happen. Its complete and utter bullshit that, as a dk, I get silences and cant use 4 attacks or any of my defensives.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post

Also, healers are not "waaaay too powerful," I don't know where you'd get that kind of idea, except perhaps from Random BGs meeting healers that massively outgear you.
    this, so much. Please stop comparing 410k hp healers taking on 320k no geared dps to what will actually be going on in 3s this season. I would much much rather a kill take alot of skill, timing , and coordination then popping all cds and training something until it dies like 70 percent of last season. Healers are fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

The issue DK's had in S12 was mainly other classes being ridiculously overpowered, especially at the beginning of the expansion. Besides that our only legitimate concern was our incredibly low amount of CC. Strangulate got some attention and if I could've suggested something Gnaw should've been on a 30 sec CD as well. However we didn't need the damage buff, at least not in PvP. So DK's will re-join the OP squad yet again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogues are good again. All is right in the world of warcraft.

Played like 15 bgs yesterday on my ele shaman, full malevolent with some upgrades (63% resilience)

I had some hard time with rogue who had around 315-330k hp. They are really annoying, guess some ppl reroll now seeing the low hp. Dont wanna meet them again with full CQP gear...

Frost DK facerolled pretty hard in every situation

I dont need to mention hunters, best would be a suicide button so i can get quicker to the gy and res again

Some destro locks fucked me up pretty hard with combos of Chaos bolt (190k) and incinetare (90k)...not much to do

Else hmmm, kill a resto druid seems impossible, lost 3 flag maps where all was good until the Rdruid picked the flag, then it was basicly GG

Deleted
    Seems that every warrior turned into a rogue. I cant wait to hit lvl 90 on my alt mage to see what madness awaits me.