Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Arrgh, they need to do something about the major event guesting after this patch. If I just ignore the lag for a minute, I can't get into events on my server anymore, they are all now going into overflow because of all of the guesting. Once per account per event seems to be the fairest.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Next month will make up for this month. It will be fractals, dungeons, WvW kills, and sPvP wins
    I really hope they don't do something like that. I actually hope they put in more options like they have done for the dailies. This month's monthly was easy and I am already done with it, but would still like to see them brought in line with dailies options wise for consistencies sake and because I really like the new daily format.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    Arrgh, they need to do something about the major event guesting after this patch. If I just ignore the lag for a minute, I can't get into events on my server anymore, they are all now going into overflow because of all of the guesting. Once per account per event seems to be the fairest.
    So far I've only been thrown into an overflow server only once on my server but guldies are saying it happes to them a lot. I've taken advantage of the guesting thing on more than 1 occasion though, and I don't think I'll stop if they leave it like that. It's just so convenient lol

I think they forgot to add information to that update

It's probably not an "update" as in significant content update. A keen player of the genre will note GW2's "Living Story" unlocks in the stages similar to Rift's World Events. It's almost exactly the same concept actually. There is even a progress unlock bar, local events, etc-- just like Rift's WEs.

There was another game that did too. The name escapes me... that game didn't wrap content updates around their live story like GW2/Rift do. Though the structure was similar.

Well supposedly this upcoming update will have a lot of WvW improvements and changes.

Don't confuse the preset "monthly patch" with the update on the living story...

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Don't confuse the preset "monthly patch" with the update on the living story...
    This is what I am saying, basically. Anet seem to be following a pattern of a "big" patch then incremental update(s).

Think this next living story stage is an update rather than a "big" patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I think they forgot to add information to that update
    Lol'd hard

Well, I've done various amounts of experimenting with dragon timers and I'm not seeing how it's any more lucrative than anything else.

1. I've probably lost at least a gold already just porting around everywhere and I haven't even been at it for very long.
    2. You get absolutely nothing of value outside of what's in the chests. Everything I've killed during pre-events has dropped trash.
    3. You're lucky to get rares that sell for over 25s, so basically you're only making ~25s* per chest. I think I've gotten 2 exotics total so far, neither of which sold for very much (~1g/ea.).
    4. Lately the dragon timers have been off by a significant margin (supposedly people have been messing with them, probably out of guesting rage), so you end up wasting a lot of potential money-making time waiting for events to happen.
    5. SB is now for all intents and purposes impossible to time on my server because every time I go to Queensdale I'm put into Overflow.

* Note: I haven't been salvaging the rares because I don't trust my 'luck' with RNG.

Maybe I'm just unlucky, but it hasn't been as lucrative as the people QQing on the forums would have you believe. Especially now with the timers being off, sometimes by 15+ minutes, you'd be better off going back to Cursed Shores or CoF. I can't even agree with the effort->reward discrepancy. I recently took my guardian out to CS and all I do is spam 1, avoid champions, and rake in the loot. Doing the same for dragons isn't really any different and the average monetary rewards are probably about the same unless you get really lucky, but that's true for any farming method.

So, I don't know. YMMV. :P

Farming dragons is a very good way of making money. Corrupted shards can be farmed in the preevent of claw of jormag.
    You get at least 25s/10min if you take off travel costs 3s you're still at a nice margin. (you get more if you salvage rares)

You want to chain one event after another so you never are idle. Also use money boosts.

I had to completely write off Jormag. I tried him twice and the lag was unplayable. I basically just set auto attack, spammed the heal button, and hoped I didn't die. One elementalist said they couldn't even change attunements.

How do you chain events like that? Maw & Elemental have been happening at the same time. SB is impossible due to Overflow. The timers on the rest are all 1.5-2 hours and they've been grossly incorrect the past few days (at least for my server). I know I've seen Shatterer and Jormag happen at the same time too, likewise with SB.

Guesting ftw

Maaaaan, but that means I have to find a server with complimentary timers to mine, and hope they aren't wrong (like mine), and blah, blah, blah. :P

How many alts do you do this with, and do you prefer it to CoF farming? Also, what salvaging kits do you use? I think I've gotten one ecto ever (even when I was trying to burn my excess of BLSKs), which is why I don't play the salvaging lotto.

I prefer cof since it's never laggy and I don't need to check timers (and I find it a tad more engaging). For salvaging I use the rare ones. Make sure the items you're salvaging are +68.

So far the "living" story has been pretty dead. It has consisted of going to a certain zone, doing a very repetitive task for about 5 mins and then never going back until the next "living" story update. It's been very underwhelming so far. All I can say is that I hope part 4, the grand finale, actually has something to it and makes the previous 3 parts worth it. If it's just like parts 1-3, or only a tad more involving, I will deem Anet's "living" story a complete failure and will remember to never touch the "living" story again in the future. Is there really all they have to offer us over the course of 4 months? Seriously?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    So far the "living" story has been pretty dead. It has consisted of going to a certain zone, doing a very repetitive task for about 5 mins and then never going back until the next "living" story update. It's been very underwhelming so far. All I can say is that I hope part 4, the grand finale, actually has something to it and makes the previous 3 parts worth it. If it's just like parts 1-3, or only a tad more involving, I will deem Anet's "living" story a complete failure and will remember to never touch the "living" story again in the future. Is there really all they have to offer us over the course of 4 months? Seriously?
    Um bro, we have 2 parts, the first was a prelude designed to shroud the events in a sort of mystery, and now were at the initial confrontation, we've seen the faces of our enemies and people are seeking refuge, the events have barely kicked off, it's like the 3rd chapter of a book, you can see its getting interesting, but nothing major has really gone down yet.

Not to mention the refugees aren't even all at the camp yet and that's suppose to go down during the phase 2 of the story, or maybe it'll go do during phase 2 and 3 too idk I'm not ANET.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    If this was chapter three I would have stopped reading. The living story is to me, very underwhelming a lethargic stroll through an uninspiring story. Things can only get better I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    We've only seen 2 chapters of the Living Story so far and I agree, if that's all there was to it it's pretty tepid. Withholding judgement until we see chapters 3 & 4.

But they have brought much more in the last 2 months other than Living Story, we got Guild Missions, rated PvP, a new PvP map, the new daily achievement system, more Ascended gear and some QoL things like Trading Post preview and Guesting.

Colin discusses some of the design decisions behind developing the Living Story in his recent SINFO lecture. Interesting stuff.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTAORsgLXDw
    Valar morghulis