Has Oondasta spawned on your realm?

Has Oondasta spawned on your realm? I am trying to find out when it spawns , Would love to gather 200 players ( Pugs ) & wipefest on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I checked out the Isle of Giants for giggles but didn't see any sign of him - just empty tar pits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. I haven't seen him but I saw people making a group for him. My buddy also said he saw someone riding a mount that he described like the one from Oondasta, but it could have just been one from the warbringers.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Yes. I haven't seen him but I saw people making a group for him. My buddy also said he saw someone riding a mount that he described like the one from Oondasta, but it could have just been one from the warbringers.
    People making groups for it dosn't mean it spawned tho I remember seeing daily galleon groups first few months and more than half the time he wasn't up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Resania View Post
    People making groups for it dosn't mean it spawned tho I remember seeing daily galleon groups first few months and more than half the time he wasn't up.
    That happens, although in my experience, someone usually calls them on it immediately when they do that.

And it's not such an outlandish claim that the boss spawned, since I think he's supposed to spawn every few days and it's been four since the patch.

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    That happens, although in my experience, someone usually calls them on it immediately when they do that.
    Might've just been to explore - the island is full of raid-equivalent elites, its a bit of a hike to get to the spawn point, and there's no flying allowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Might've just been to explore - the island is full of raid-equivalent elites, its a bit of a hike to get to the spawn point, and there's no flying allowed.
    I don't know. Several people said Oondasta had spawned, there was a raid being formed in /trade & /worldboss and some argument about the tapping system, and I didn't see a single person say "no, he's not up; you're trolling" like I used to see when people would pull those shenanigans with Galleon.

But I was leaving so I didn't participate, and I didn't think it was a controversial enough claim to research it to make sure they weren't lying. *shrug*

| twitch | bsky
    |

If oondasta spawned already , it would have been killed on any high pop servers i guess imagine the people at isle of thunder on 5.2 launch were attack oondasta.

Edit : Yet i haven't seen any1 to claim the world 1st kill on live or even ptr.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...2484?page=3#53

So, anyone actually ventured out to the Isle of Giants with an organized raid group and taken a crack at him?

The ample feedback about the conceptual design is noted. As some posters noted, one of the major flaws with Galleon (the "rare" boss) was that he was far too easy, such that the main challenge with him is being there when he spawns and getting the initial tap on him. Oondasta is challenging, and he's pretty far out of the way (as opposed to Galleon, who is mere seconds away from Halfhill), so we think he'll be active for longer periods of time before a group takes him down. And we'll be keeping a close eye on how things like faction tapping, potential griefing, and related issues play out, and making adjustments as are warranted.

But I'd love to hear some discussion about the actual boss fight from people who have done it. You can even be immortalized in Blue-trackers everywhere if you manage to kill him.
    Last edited by amherian; 2013-03-08 at 08:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't he supposed to be zerg proof and you need multiple heroic raid groups with ToT gear to deal with him?

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't he supposed to be zerg proof and you need multiple heroic raid groups with ToT gear to deal with him?
    I know he's supposed to be really hard, but I don't know if you need multiple fullsized raids in ToT gear (although that totally may be true). Maybe he did spawn on my realm and is still there.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    Zerg proof, likely so - it looks like a couple of idiots could potentially wipe you if you're not careful.

In terms of ToT geared heroic groups, doubt it... Seems like a "know the tactics and have some serious DPS" boss. His damage gets greater throughout the fight, effectively soft enraging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is what I do know: homeboy is badass looking.

| twitch | bsky
    |

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't spawn until the pvp season starts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't you have to kill the humaniod in the middle of the tarpits and than he spawns ??
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    I havn't seen him yet, maybe he can't spawn untill you're further in the Isle of Thunder stages.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    May be overestimating the gear level a lot there.

I imagine 40 people in full normal drops will suffice. But a bunch of "fresh on the boat" T14-at-best geared players will fail.

just killed him on US-Dethecus with ~80 people.

He spawned earlier tonight on Magtheridon EU. We managed to crash the world server though and now he won't respawn..
    Last edited by Triisken; 2013-03-10 at 01:11 AM.

he can be zerged it seemed, kinda of disappointing, saw alliance do it with I guess 80 odd people.

with enough people you can just have him constantly in combat by rezzing