Hand of Purity is my new best friend

So, after more or less disregarding this talent in 5.0-5.1 (largely due to the lack of dangerous DOT mechanics in that tier), I've found myself running the new Hand of Purity a LARGE majority of the time in 5.2/ToT. Granted, we're only through Durumu (or will be tonight, stupid DC-boss killed us last night!), but I've began a love affair with this spell, and wanted to share my uses for it as well as get some feedback or other ideas on how to use/abuse it.

JinRohk: Used UbS/unglyphed DivProt here, but the fight was such a roflstomp it doesn't matter. Maybe heroic will be different, but I imagine that UbS with 40%DivProt is still pretty good.

Horridon: HoPur could be useful if your healer comp struggles with dispels or dealing with damage. I found myself tossing out Cleanse's for the poison trolls, and ended up running Clemency here for extra HoSac/freedoms, but largely this seems to be preference.

Council: Personally ran clemency here for Sac's on DPS during the reflect dmg guy, and freedoms on other DPS. Not much DOT here.

Tortos: UbS is great for tanking bats, not really anything else useful, but a fun fight.

Maegara: Holy hell, HoPur is amazing here. We did blue, red, blue, red, blue, red, blue (which meant that I was going from green to red, and it was fucking painful). 40% DivProt and HoPur is MADE for this fight. This basically renders the sear flesh to a tickle, and can use 2x per flaming head.

JiKun: HoPur makes you a slime-soaking machine. Sure, it's super useful for the stacking bleed while tanking boss, but dear lord, you can soak 5+ puddles while not tanking with HoPur and clear up TONS of real estate.

Durumu: Still on the fence between UbS and HoPur. In normal, the damage doesn't seem high enough to warrant HoPur for Arterial Cut, so I;ve been using UbS just for the extra cooldown, but I suspect either works well. Now that there is a passive 10% dmg redux on HoPur, it's likely the same overall mitigation as 20 sec off of a 20/20% or 40% cooldown.

So, just wanted to offer that PSA, esp for folks on Maegara and JiKun.

Any other creative or OP uses for HoPur so far?
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're a lot farther along in progression than me, but I too have been excited about the change to purity. Looking forward to testing this out.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I figured this spell would become insanely good for PvE at some point, even with no change. It's just insanely good against DoT mechanics, and any sort of DoT mechanic designed to be troublesome (not dispellable or such, like a stacking bleed) I could see it just being crazy against. I don't have any firsthand experience with the new raid, as my schedule has kind of killed any chance of raiding in 5.2 most likely, but I'm not too surprised.

I will definitely post in a Purity love thread This is perhaps my favorite talent and the 10% buff is completely awesome. PVE raiders everywhere on normal and heroic both should enjoy it and I really appreciate sharing places to use it.

I had the opposite experience of you-- We totally abused Purity all through T14. I learned to love it literally in Week 2 Heroics, first heroic boss, I am pulling Stone Guard in my offspec tank gear (well below 463 because I sucked at collecting a second set), and I made an aura and purity'd myself on cooldown while I prayed hard for it to come back up. That ability was great. We also used it on H Tsulong and sometimes on H Tayak. But I really could not imagine doing either H Lei Shi or H Sha without Purity. Our 25 never even pulled Lei Shi without ensuring two paladins were in the raid-- a Purity for both soakers was 100% necessary on Get Away. And on H Sha, Purities on Huddle in Terror was immensely powerful. We threw every Purity we had on every Huddle cast.

So after loving it in T14, I have actually been looking for places to use it in T15 and I haven't found as many as I'd like! I'm glad you made this thread to list them. I have been extremely lazy and just focusing on my DPS now that I have holy paladins around to outsource the Purities to.

Horridon... I actually disagree here; or possibly we both could be right! Clemency is a powerful option on this fight because you can BOP the tank debuff off completely, negating the need for a tank swap at all. But I can see Purity being useful too, we just all went Clemency.

Meg & Ji-Kun... I'm kicking myself that I didn't realize that it would be nice there. I will try Purity on both these fights next week. Thanks for the recommendations on these two!

We are 9/12 now. I don't remember anything Purity relevant on Animus or Primordius. As for Iron Qon, I'm running Clemency here so I can Freedom myself lots (i'm selfish) out of that extremely annoying slow that occurs when bad rets like me run over ice lines.

Twin Consorts... Absolutely a Purity fight, provided I am remembering my PTR testing right. Healers stack a debuff on themselves called Corrupted Healing by healing tanks, and my Purity was requested extensively in PTR testing.

I'm trying to remember where else I used Purity on PTR. We will all definitely want Purity for Durumu Heroic, there is an extremely nasty dot which is added to the H Mode. I think there is another nasty dot type mechanic too but I just can't remember where it was.

It was good in 5.0, but of course, it's even better now with the buff. I'll add another use in 5.2, but it's mostly a healer thing (not as sure for tanks):

Primordius: Use on Volatile Pathogen.
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-03-08 at 08:35 PM. Reason: got the correct debuff name

Deleted
    I liked clemency on Iron Qon simply because i could clear the dot for every windstorm so i didn't take a boatload of damage running out of it.
    It's hard to say what's optimal other than purity on Magaera, because it varies a lot with how your strategy looks, who's tanking what for what duration and so on. It's up to each one to decide what fits the situation best.

But that's exactly what i love with our talent tree, there's a lot of choice (prism on 10 man Magaera, Iron Qon and heroic Ji-Kun is just crazy effective healing for example).

Hmm, I was running LH on Magaera for tossing during every rampage just to help out, but Prism is probably a better choice now that you mention it. Was doing same with JiKun for Quills, but I guess in 10M Prism would hit pretty much everyone on the platform.

If only T90 was off the GCD /sigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Hmm, I was running LH on Magaera for tossing during every rampage just to help out, but Prism is probably a better choice now that you mention it. Was doing same with JiKun for Quills, but I guess in 10M Prism would hit pretty much everyone on the platform.

If only T90 was off the GCD /sigh.
    Well keep in mind that again, it's largely depends on your raid composition and everything in between. The way we did heroic Ji-Kun on PTR was that i was the designated tank to visit the nests and tank the large add. In that case you will get quills consistently while your group is still positioned on the platform (unless you start to fly up beforehand, but then quills would kill your group mid-air), and light's hammer is extremely good for healing up the group before you return up. If you are taking the boss during that time you can put some smooth healing out during quills on the melee that's still upstairs with holy prism.

On Magaera i was asking our holy paladin if he wanted me to go with light's hammer for rampages as well, but he told me to stay prism. The prism hits 5 targets even when you're on the far left or far right head (huge hitboxes) which is what i mean with effective healing. All the random damage that occurs from the additional heads is snipe-healed by your prism and it really adds up throughout the entirety of the fight. And the reason i like it on a lot of fight is because you can control how much of it is overhealing which you really can't with light's hammer unless there's absolutely insane damage intake over a long period. There's no harm in delaying your prism a bit for unleashed flame on Iron Qon for example on your melee group, you won't lose any significant amount of damage on the boss by doing this but you will save healers mana because it's instant and it heals for suprisingly much.

There's some real prominent hype for tank DPS nowadays on all the forums, but as a paladin i think it's a good idea to look at the healing you provide because it's no joke.

Oh and i didn't mean to go off-topic, but this is weaves into the whole utility discussion somewhat about actually using your talents optimally and it goes for your tier 1, 4, 5 and 6. It's a luxury a lot of other classes don't have and i'm having a lot of fun with it this tier in particular because a lot of our talents and glyphs work out extremely well on different bosses.

15+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely love this for most of the ToT encounters. In the previous tier, it was more about BoPing off physical damage and now purity had proven to be very beneficial in this tier.

As holy, I did run it in Council since we had a prot paladin and I wanted to reduce Frostbite (especially two healing it).
    Last edited by Geekgurl; 2013-03-09 at 08:49 AM.