Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ssviolett View Post
    For 10th time I watch this thread - for 10th time I must admit - thats IMPRESSIVE.
    I'm not sure all this could be real new addon, especially since we had vrykyl-spider-undead-gothic theme already in WotLK, but for sure this should be patch 3.2 (instead of crappy Coliseum - it was 3.2 or 3.3 I dont remember).
    Awesome job m8, you worth dozen of Blizzard workers.
    I have been looking back over some of the stuff I've done and was worried that I was simply retreading all my favorite old ground from Wrath. I suppose if I had to re-do stuff, I'd emphasize the nerubians and their aqir connections more while dialing back on the Scourge elements. I really wanted to see the aftermath of the war against Yogg-Saron and the Lich King, and that took over a lot of the early content. I'd still like to explore that, but it might be better in smaller doses, yeah. Thanks for the kind words, but respect to Blizz still, they make this all possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Kraspotatius View Post
    Just asking out of curiosity, are you planning to give N'Zoth a part to play as the story goes on?
    Not really. Although he is relevant to the final chapter I have planned, I'm kind've reluctant to use him since there really isn't a lot of info about him. Most of what I do know places him in either under the ocean with Azshara or in the Emerald Dream - both ideas are expansion worthy, I feel, but I'm sure as hell not going to do another one of these o.O

I have named him as one of the five worshiped at the Altar of the Old Gods and given him the title Old God of Dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Looks amazing indeed, dont think it will ever happen or something.

But still nice to see and read your ideas
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashix View Post
    Would defiantly play this.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    I know this would be a massive job to do alone. It would be pretty awesome to see some of this built on a private server tho. Not sure if you ever tried doing that but would be pretty cool to see.
    No idea about any of that, but if they ever release a world editor or something I'd like to try and make a couple dungeons at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    My thoughts exactly this is simply exploring a very small and mostly unimportant area of unelaborated lore.
    And no expansion would ever be made based on something like that. *wiiiink!*

The storyline will eventually reveal a scheme of the worlds enemies with earth-shattering implications.

Incredible. You have some fantastic ideas. I truly hope you work in the gaming industry because this is great design and creativity.

This is absolutely brilliant...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DuleRa View Post
    Incredible. You have some fantastic ideas. I truly hope you work in the gaming industry because this is great design and creativity.
    As a matter of fact, a game I worked on was just released - Sword of the Stars: The Pit. I got to make the monsters, whee!

Amazing work! I wonder just how many hows you have racked up on this!?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Ahh, I still love this concept. Blizzard should try hiring you. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Indeed. For me personally, some concepts for future expansions would be:

• The Lost Kingdom (Northrend updated) -> the Spider Kingdom fan concept expansion of this thread
    • The Emerald Dream
    • The return of the Legion (Outland updated) -> the next expansion
    • Azshara and the South Seas
    • The end of the Burning Legion (the last expansion)

I have not been to this thread in over a year and a half but I just stumbled back upon it today. I just had one question. Has Blizzard hired you yet? This stuff has grown so much from the first time I have seen it and I have sat here for an hour reading all the new stuff. You have some really great stuff here my friend, bravo to you.

I find this "Spider Kingdom" idea very good and i see you haven't give up on this idea....It's getting better and better. Blizz wanted to do this kind of expansion...but i dont remember why they decided to scrap this off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your idea to "beef up" classes is interesting. And they even sound pretty awesome. Even though "Lich" is not something I would do, simply becauses Liches are something completely different from DKs.

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This thread will never die...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freelapdance View Post
    Amazing work! I wonder just how many hows you have racked up on this!?
    Hah, well, I don't know what that means!

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Indeed. For me personally, some concepts for future expansions would be:

• The Lost Kingdom (Northrend updated) -> the Spider Kingdom fan concept expansion of this thread
    • The Emerald Dream
    • The return of the Legion (Outland updated) -> the next expansion
    • Azshara and the South Seas
    • The end of the Burning Legion (the last expansion)
    All fine choices.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak View Post
    I have not been to this thread in over a year and a half but I just stumbled back upon it today. I just had one question. Has Blizzard hired you yet? This stuff has grown so much from the first time I have seen it and I have sat here for an hour reading all the new stuff. You have some really great stuff here my friend, bravo to you.
    That'd be something alright. Maybe one day, I'm a little busy with another totally awesome universe at the moment...

Quote Originally Posted by Dead_MAX View Post
    I find this "Spider Kingdom" idea very good and i see you haven't give up on this idea....It's getting better and better. Blizz wanted to do this kind of expansion...but i dont remember why they decided to scrap this off.
    Yeah, I've always done WoW doodles for fun, now I tweak and add stuff to this. I'll probably tweak it as long as I'm a WoW player, like any long-time player with their characters. There is a storyline with a specific ending though, I'm gradually working towards it. Couple more patches and it'll be mostly wrapped up!

Blizz was actually planning an Azjol-Nerub zone for Wrath of the Lich King, but it was cut due to time constraints. I still hold out hope that we'll see it eventually - they've even added a few quests to the dungeons that hint the nerubians are up to something. It wound up meshing quite nicely with this concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    Your idea to "beef up" classes is interesting. And they even sound pretty awesome. Even though "Lich" is not something I would do, simply becauses Liches are something completely different from DKs.
    Thanks. I didn't want to have yet another melee/tank spec since there's already plenty, so I decided to get wild. 'Caster DPS Lich-form!' It'd be my third spec!

Quote Originally Posted by Rioichi View Post
    This thread will never die...
    It's an Old God! Flee!

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't even begin to express how awesome this would be. O.o Wrath was my favorite expansion by far, and to see Northrend used again would make me insanely happy.

I think you might want fix couple lore points.

Azj'Aqir is name of the empire on Azeroth which was spilt into three different kingdoms: Azjol-Nerub, Ahn'Qiraj, and Klaxxi'vess (something).

You have to think a different way to connect all three kingdom into one good storyline. You also need to make sure the Newbreed lore did not just end with the death of the queen. She might have left something behind that might be more powerful than her.

One way of using the Worldgate as a way to transport an army. It is possible that Azj'Aqir's main Capitol has numerous Worldgate and with the Newbreed's knowledge of the new Azeroth. They could gain more forces from Qiraji and Mantid. I would said that both the Horde and the Alliance are force to deal with each of the forces in order to weaken the main army that is building inside the Capitol. You can also use few of the Azj'Aqir's Worldgate as an entrance to a dungeon or raids.

You need to make Aqir meeting with the Newbreed a very bad news.

Deleted
    The shattered empire ideas are awesome (and the earlier Spider Kingdom which I already knew from you as well).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Auroro View Post
    I think you might want fix couple lore points.

Azj'Aqir is name of the empire on Azeroth which was spilt into three different kingdoms: Azjol-Nerub, Ahn'Qiraj, and Klaxxi'vess (something).

You have to think a different way to connect all three kingdom into one good storyline. You also need to make sure the Newbreed lore did not just end with the death of the queen. She might have left something behind that might be more powerful than her.

One way of using the Worldgate as a way to transport an army. It is possible that Azj'Aqir's main Capitol has numerous Worldgate and with the Newbreed's knowledge of the new Azeroth. They could gain more forces from Qiraji and Mantid. I would said that both the Horde and the Alliance are force to deal with each of the forces in order to weaken the main army that is building inside the Capitol. You can also use few of the Azj'Aqir's Worldgate as an entrance to a dungeon or raids.

You need to make Aqir meeting with the Newbreed a very bad news.
    Only problem I have is if the Troll Empires of Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub were able to shatter the Azj'Aqir Empire by being savages with stone axes and a fistful of Loa. Then I really doubt the Aqir are anything stronger than people are bigging them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Inspired in equal parts by Cataclysm, Wrath, various wow fan works, and my own not inconsiderable insanity, I've created a fan expansion for World of Warcraft:

I've been using WoWpedia's fan fiction section to set up pages related to all the dungeon, storyline, and zone ideas I've come up with, and I'll be organizing them together into what will hopefully become a self-contained fan expansion wiki page.

The Spider Kingdom

It started out as a raid idea, grew into a zone, and has since blossomed out of control into what it is now, which is still growing (Old Gods help me). The concept is in two parts - The first centers around the reshaping of Northrend due to the Cataclysm and the death of the previous Lich King, Arthas. The second part will involve exploring the depths of Azeroth's underworld, the Spider Kingdom of Azjol-Nerub and beyond.

There's a lot of talky, so I'll be trying to break it up over time with some artwork - maps, characters, monsters, and so forth.

Check for updates below.

This thread is also on the Official WoW Forums - feel free to comment there if you wish:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...9281854?page=1

Basic Information
    * The Spider Kingdom Revealed: New content zones have been added - The Upper Kingdom, the Shadow Web Caverns, and Ahn'Saron - the Inner Kingdom. These zones are accessed through the Pit of Narjun in Dragonblight. A fourth zone, the Wound of the World, acts as the center of the Spider Kingdom and a natural barrier separating the leveling zones, but contains no leveling content.
    * New zone content is level 90+.
    * New 4th spec for all classes ('cept druids, they already got one, so nyeh.)
    * Level cap is set at 93. Advancing from one level to the next will involve the Path of War leveling system.
    * The Cataclysm has rent Northrend asunder, altering many of it's regions. The fall of Arthas and the rise of a new Lich King has also brought about a drastic change in the balance of power all across the continent. The Northrend content remains a 70-80 leveling experience.
    * New dungeons and raid instances have been discovered throughout the new Spider Kingdom zones, as well as the newly reshaped Northrend zones.
    * New battlegrounds and new arenas are available.
    * Also feel free to read my various musings on:
    -New Factions
    -New Heroes and Villains
    -New Monsters
    -New Weapons and upgrade mechanics
    -Azeroth's ancient history
    -And such and such.

* - Level 93 level cap you say?! Yes, because leveling works differently now! Check out the Path of War.
    Ah made some patches too!

Spider Kingdom Patch X.1 - The Shattered Empire

New Spider Kingdom Zones

The Upper Kingdom

Shadow Web Caverns

Ahn'Saron, the Inner Kingdom

New Spider Kingdom Dungeons and Raids

Fewer zones means more dungeons! Find them listed below:

Doorward Underhalls
    Naz'Amun, the Crawling City
    Vault of the Titans
    Hanging Tower of Naz'Zuraq
    Ahn'Vekir, the First City
    Terrormaw Hold
    Halls of Flame
    Halls of Horror
    Altar of the Old Gods
    Riplash Ruins
    Naxxramas - The Fallen Necropolis

Raids too!

The Necropolis of Nerub
    Nidhogg's Lair
    Palace of the Spider Queen

Dungeon Maps

Here are just some of the maps of the dungeons above. More can be found in the individual dungeon pages.

Naxxramas, the Fallen Necropolis

Riplash Ruins

Doorward Underhalls

Terromaw Hold

Northrend Zones post Cataclysm

Northrend's zones have been wracked by the Cataclysm as well, changing the leveling experience. Check out the WoWpedia page for all of the revamped Northrend zones. Here's a few of the new maps:

Howling Fjord

Dragonblight

Icecrown

Icecrown Citadel - The Frozen Halls

Forge of Souls

Pit of Saron

Halls of Reflection

Original Characters

Horde and Alliance scouts have uncovered the identity of the leader of Northrend's Twilight's Hammer sect!

Twilight Master Velius

As the ogre Cho'gall was to C'thun, the human Velius is to Yogg-Saron. Here's a snippet from the Twilight's Hammer page:

Further information on the Twilight's Hammer of Northrend can be found here:
    Twilight's Hammer of Northrend

Death Queen Angerboda

One of the new villains of the reworked Northrend content. Click on her name to see my fan article about her. Here's a snippet:

I've also written up a fan article detailing the different factions of Scourge Remnants that have arisen in the wake of the Lich King's demise:
    Scourge Remnants

Vidar Ymironson

Madra

Spider Kingdom Bestiary Entries
    Many new monsters and races have been discovered beneath the surface of Azeroth.

Ursol the Bear God

Aqir Wraith

Croojer

Duggum

Hahn'tan

Nerubian Infiltrator

Undying Tendrils

Nerubian Newbreed

Check the bestiary page on wowpedia for lots more.

only part I strongly disagree, is about Twilight Cult

change it for Scourge remains/Cult Of the Damned remnants

+ new villian can appear

BLIZZ MUST HIRE YOU buddy

Good Job

This shit is insane! Would be awsome to see somthing like this in the future!

10+ Year Old Account
    OP is seriously a god amongst men!
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

My big issue with this is you turn every class into a hybrid with the new 4th specs... except hunters.

Why leave ONE pure DPS class?