Deleted

Rift pvp healing

Hello guys I just started to play this game. I would like to play as healer. As far as I know I should choose either Mage or Cleric. I think cleric is better because of 3 healing specs.
    My question is soul is best to maximize to heal ( im pvp oriented )
    My second question is about heal in pvp.
    I heard and read many bad things about pvp healing like loosing dying 1 vs 1 against rogues and warriors etc. So I would like to ask you about that. Is healing as powerfull as f.e in Wow ? Is it worth to be pvp healer in Rift ? F.e in wow good healer is able to change entire bg situation.
    Please answer me .
    Thank you.

Heal as a Cleric. Mages have one fatal healing shortcoming: Mages heal by attacking their opponent, and have very few direct healing spells, all on long cooldowns. Most mage heals are accomplished by casting spells at an opponent. This means they must be within casting range of the enemy so that they can attack an opponent. Since battles are mostly ranged vs ranged, healing mages get targeted and killed very quickly by the ranged casters on the other side. It also puts them in range of the warrior's yank spells, which means healing mages get pulled over to the enemy side and destroyed. I heal on a mage; once the other side figures out I'm healing, I'm dead. Clerics, on the other hand, can stand safely in the back and heal their side without getting hit. Clerics also have multiple healing specs they can mix and match, so much more versatility.

Cleric, hands down. Mages suck at healing in PvP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumblerot View Post
    Heal as a Cleric. Mages have one fatal healing shortcoming: Mages heal by attacking their opponent, and have very few direct healing spells, all on long cooldowns. Most mage heals are accomplished by casting spells at an opponent. This means they must be within casting range of the enemy so that they can attack an opponent. Since battles are mostly ranged vs ranged, healing mages get targeted and killed very quickly by the ranged casters on the other side. It also puts them in range of the warrior's yank spells, which means healing mages get pulled over to the enemy side and destroyed. I heal on a mage; once the other side figures out I'm healing, I'm dead. Clerics, on the other hand, can stand safely in the back and heal their side without getting hit. Clerics also have multiple healing specs they can mix and match, so much more versatility.
    Thank you for your answer. I ll try cleric but please answer someone else for the rest of my questions.

My question is soul is best to maximize to heal ( im pvp oriented )
    My second question is about heal in pvp.
    I heard and read many bad things about pvp healing like loosing dying 1 vs 1 against rogues and warriors etc. So I would like to ask you about that. Is healing as powerfull as f.e in Wow ? Is it worth to be pvp healer in Rift ? F.e in wow good healer is able to change entire bg situation.
    Please answer me .
    Thank you.

Here is some info a dev just put out

Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ml#post4182946

We can totally try a "great experiment" of increasing healing in PvP again.

I can predict the results right now however which is why I've avoided it. Healing Increased --> Non-Healers get super frustrated that they can't kill anyone --> Healers say everything is perfect --> Another subset of the world says "No one dies now you killed PvP" --> Another group says "Find a middle ground" --> Another group says "Stop changing the game!" --> Another group says "Just add heal debuffs" --> More folks call for healing nerf --> Repeat.

Also, of all classes in RIFT rogues have always had a higher percentage share of the total population than any other calling. There is also some data that points out that more rogues engage in PvP than other callings.

It's not a new trend, but it does certainly look more pronounced these days.

~Daglar

Classes are going to get adjusted. You may see it as "just getting nerfed" but were do the changes we do for the benefit of the game. We increased valor - which increases TTK, we had to reduce healing slightly - we then tweaked valor down, then back up by half. We have reached the middle ground right now. Increasing valor/TTK == inherent benefit to healers.

Lets also not pretend that healing in PvP (or PvP itself) was perfect before Storm Legion. It wasn't. I was there on my cleric, LoLing as I jumped around water jetting people to death and cross healing with other wardens, running around with double or triple cabicar groups, and generally making other people not want to bother leaving the spawn in area.

~Daglar