Quote Originally Posted by warlockSTAR View Post
    Isnt default 30% not 50%?
    Used to be 50%, but it is 30% now yes.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    What does the glyph do?
    just lasts 4s in pvp, it is not rewarding unless reduce it to 6s cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by shinewaylee View Post
    Little known fact (maybe), in 10 seconds you can cast a single target CoEx and an AoE one - they are on separate 10 second cooldowns. Since our dps seemed to like to ignore the adds on protectors and any kind of slows we locks had to learn this the hard way when they spawn too fast to slow one every 5 seconds with 2 warlocks.

I don't think we'll ever do tortos without this slow, it just makes the flight time so much lower.

Quote Originally Posted by shinewaylee View Post
    It's a great peel for its cooldown.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    Horridon : 310k with GoSac / Tortos : 260k with GoSac / Overall Destro seems pretty good for now, despite Simcraft simming it next to last spec at 118K in full T14H
    I second this : destro performs well in reality.

People should stop being stressed about numbers, and actually play with their brains on ! Even if i don't have practiced any of the new encounters on PTR (thus me being unexpectedly ember-capped a bunch of times on both fights, man it's ember fest !!), and the same equipement as you, i managed 216k on Horridon without real hassle (rank 13, while respecting the dps priorities of each group) and 179k on Tortos (rank 14 while being 90% of time on turtles, and mostily doing horrible things like being capped for ages).

Ah, and don't hesitate to try things out (a GoSup with a GoSac reforge, and vice-versa, sometimes the results are surprising)

So, basically, for anything that isn't pure single target, i expect destro to not be "at the bottom" as many of you all seem to fear. On a separate subject, demo was really feeling well on Megaera (0 padding, about 130k after 7 mins, then i died 1:40s before the end of the fight) and Ji-kun (mobility+aoe), and Durumu for the mobility / healing debuff on boss. What this means to me is : except if there's an encounter heavily favoring affliction, i can't be arsed playing affliction again !

PS: man if i could give 100 bucks to the guys who designed Durumu, i would. I just love that encounter
    Last edited by mmoc79483d36b0; 2013-03-08 at 12:44 PM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    It's a great peel for its cooldown.
    But it takes one position of glyph.

So after playing the first 3 bosses as affliction and the final 9 as destro I have come to one conclusion about this tier..

Destro is awesome! It's doing very well even on single target fights and on fights like tortous, primordius, and lei shen where you can cleave+get embers quickly with rof. I've only been running gosup focusing on haste, so when we start doing heroics I will probably go gosac for a few fights and reforge (so far the only one I'm for sure going gosac is on jikun, since pets seem to bug out/despawn when you fly up to intercept slimes or go to nests to kill adds)

It makes me pretty happy to see all 3 lock specs performing on the same level
    Last edited by Sabsy; 2013-03-08 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabsy View Post
    So after playing the first 3 bosses as affliction and the final 9 as destro I have come to one conclusion about this tier..

Destro is awesome! It's doing very well even on single target fights and on fights like tortous, primordius, and lei shen where you can cleave+get embers quickly with rof. I've only been running gosup focusing on haste, so when we start doing heroics I will probably go gosac for a few fights and reforge (so far the only one I'm for sure going gosac is on jikun, since pets seem to bug out/despawn when you fly up to intercept slimes or go to nests to kill adds)

It makes me pretty happy to see all 3 lock specs performing on the same level
    ^^This, so much this.

People are so focused on single target sims . . . has anyone even looked at the 2 target sims? All 3 specs are virtually tied. As for AoE, Destro is now considerably ahead of Demo and Affliction (thanks to the buffs to conflag, incin, and immo).

But right now the sims should all be taken with a full shaker of salt. There's going to be a lot of optimizing profiles, APL fixes, etc over the next 2-3 weeks.

Play what you like and you're good at.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nipil View Post
    PS: man if i could give 100 bucks to the guys who designed Durumu, i would. I just love that encounter
    Yeah now if only people could avoid that black ooze shit everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by jason1975 View Post
    ^^This, so much this.

People are so focused on single target sims . . . has anyone even looked at the 2 target sims? All 3 specs are virtually tied. As for AoE, Destro is now considerably ahead of Demo and Affliction (thanks to the buffs to conflag, incin, and immo).

But right now the sims should all be taken with a full shaker of salt. There's going to be a lot of optimizing profiles, APL fixes, etc over the next 2-3 weeks.

I agree. After all, GC basically just defined balance as everyone being generally equal on Patchwerk and then nobody being ridiculously OP in other types of fights, aka most fights (besdies Jin'rokh and Megaera).

People obsess over the sims but I've seen them come from different sources and give different results, and yet all the choices available to us seem to be about equal right now. Too much emphasis on "what is the best dps" when the question should be "what spec/talents will help me get this boss down faster?" The answer isn't always the straight up highest single target Patchwerk DPS build.

Quote Originally Posted by jason1975 View Post

All 3 specs are virtually tied. As for AoE, Destro is now considerably ahead of Demo and Affliction (thanks to the buffs to conflag, incin, and immo).

Destro is not higher then demo on Aoe, lol, no way, wol on the add fights agree with this. on the two target cleave I'd agree with destro being very nice. All 3 specs viable is true also. Some great changes by blizzard.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lichanator View Post
    Destro is not higher then demo on Aoe, lol, no way, wol on the add fights agree with this. on the two target cleave I'd agree with destro being very nice. All 3 specs viable is true also. Some great changes by blizzard.
    Destro is higher the longer it is up. Demo bursts quite high, but then falls short compared to what Destro can do. I've tested it out myself with the other lock in my guild (who is far better than I am, in truth). We both tested Demo and Destro aoe, and destro won both times if adds lived longer than 48 seconds. Under that Demo burst is far stronger.
    After being Medieve the Uberpally for many years, finally shelved in favor of Belledanna, the Uberlock!!! (patent pending)

-Unretired as of the launch of 6.0! Currently guild shopping. Need a good Warlock? I need a good home!

fel flame + GoSac need a +15% buff...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanatas View Post
    fel flame + GoSac need a +15% buff...
    Why is that?

fel flame jup, gosac no :P

Hmmm I really need LFR to test all the spec Cant really try everything on my regular raid I'm afraid
    5.1 16/16 HC 5.2 12/12

Deleted
    I was thinking of trying Challenge mode's on my warlock. Wich specc is the best for this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lichanator View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Medieve View Post
    Destro is higher the longer it is up. Demo bursts quite high, but then falls short compared to what Destro can do. I've tested it out myself with the other lock in my guild (who is far better than I am, in truth). We both tested Demo and Destro aoe, and destro won both times if adds lived longer than 48 seconds. Under that Demo burst is far stronger.
    I've found it depends on the AoE. If demo can bring felguard's and servguard's felstorm to bear properly they'll definitely be pushing out the high AoE dps (even more so if they can void ray everything too). On more spread out targets i've found destro tends to hold its own pretty well, since demo relies on target clumping while destro can handle the spread due to how FnB works. For example I much prefer demo on fights like windlord (many targets clumped <3 ), while for garajal I prefer destruction (targets tend to be spread too far for demo to AoE effectively on that fight).
    Either way though, they're both good at AoE. I suppose affliction probably can hold its own too, but I never really got the hang of affli AoE (and since i'm destro/demo i don;t really need to :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    I was thinking of trying Challenge mode's on my warlock. Wich specc is the best for this?
    I'm a big fan of demo for challenge modes. The burst aoe is extremely good as clearing trash in fast big pulls is what matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    You can literally play any of the spcs for CM's. Just play whatever spec you are most comfortable with. Personally I play destro for the fun of shadowburning and havoc cleaving my way through. Honestly all 3 specs have decent aoe for 5 mans and decent single target dps. (For reference im 5/9 gold and lots of silver). Ive played a mixture of all 3 specs in CM's. Just play what you feel like playing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercroft View Post
    I'm a big fan of demo for challenge modes. The burst aoe is extremely good as clearing trash in fast big pulls is what matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    You can literally play any of the spcs for CM's. Just play whatever spec you are most comfortable with. Personally I play destro for the fun of shadowburning and havoc cleaving my way through. Honestly all 3 specs have decent aoe for 5 mans and decent single target dps. (For reference im 5/9 gold and lots of silver). Ive played a mixture of all 3 specs in CM's. Just play what you feel like playing
    Okay, thanks for the answers