Page 1 of 69
... LastLast
    Deleted

No new 5-player dungeons in 5.4

Dave Kosak said that in an interview on the german site buffed.
    http://www.buffed.de/World-of-Warcra...Kosak-1059788/

Headline reads:
    No additional 5-man-dungeons planned, challenge-scenarios and Shaohao-lore - Interview with Lead Quest Designer Dave Kosak

Q: Do you even plan additional 5-mam dungeons for the rest of the patches of MoP?
    A: No plans regarding that. There'll be more scenarios and you'll still be able to use the LFR tool for the previous tier of raiding. At the moment, we don't plan to release new dungeons.

I feared as much when they said that additional 5-mans don't fit the current raiding model.

10+ Year Old Account
    This shift just has to be accepted. New five mans just do not server any sort of purpose, and if you want new challenge modes they've already hinted that they'd prefer to retool older content. Five mans are there to gear up before LFR, for quick valor runs and for challenge modes. That is their purpose, not catch up.

Deleted
    They'll continue to make useless one-time scenarios, tho. Atleast the VP reward could be the same as doing dungeons.

I hope they add a bunch more five-mans to the next expansion if they have to last this long
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Thanks. Now I know, that I won't resub in this xpack.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Dave Kosak said that in an interview on the german site buffed.
    http://www.buffed.de/World-of-Warcra...Kosak-1059788/

Headline reads:
    No additional 5-man-dungeons planned, challenge-scenarios and Shaohao-lore - Interview with Lead Quest Designer Dave Kosak

Q: Do you even plan additional 5-mam dungeons for the rest of the patches of MoP?
    A: No plans regarding that. There'll be more scenarios and you'll still be able to use the LFR tool for the previous tier of raiding. At the moment, we don't plan to release new dungeons.

I feared as much when they said that additional 5-mans don't fit the current raiding model.
    Just out of curiosity why exactly do people feel new 5-mans are needed?

Not like dungeons are remotely useful anyway. People level to 90, farm dungeons for gear and from then the dungeons just sorta sit there cause no-one besides new players need gear from them.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

We do not need entirely new dungeons dropping complete sets for every class ever again.

One dungeon would be nice like MGT but it would be hard to work in with the dungeon finder, with everyone hoping to get the new instance with the items with the higher ilvl and being able to do it multiple times a day. Sure it's disappointing that they won't add more instances but it would be flawed.

Deleted
    Especially when they're always boring and sucky following the mass QQ over Cata's starting ones.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Needed only in the sense of "something new". It would be nice to have something new to run while running 5-mans for Valor or for a new Challenge mode. Also for the same reason why scenarios are added but don't drop better gear. Lore, Story, Valor, Rep, something new to run while not in a 3 or Solo group.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    There simply IS no point. The functions later 5 mans provided in previous expansions, a catch up mechanism to let people get into raiding faster as well as further story exposition are no longer necessary. Story is handled by Scenarios. The catch-up mechanism is handled by LFR, which also conveniently allows them to keep previous tiers of raiding relevant throughout the life time of an expansion.

Every time one-three new five mans came along, they invalided all previous content whether it be raids or the older dungeons. Remember in Cataclysm how the first tier of dungeons with the most variety was invalidated in favour of the zuls? Remember how they were all sidelined in favour of the final trio of dungeons?

This new model keeps all current content relevant and is a lot more elegant. It is no surprise Blizzard is opting for it with so many pluses.

EDIT: I forgot to post that the only reason I could think of for adding new five man content was the trivial desire for something new. Then saw THAT was the exact reason Rhorle gave to add it. I find it a creepy coincidence.
    Just because it's new isn't good enough reason. Lore and Story are handled by scenarios. Valor and Rep come from multiple sources. New challenge modes can be built out of older dungeons. But a new five man dungeon simply for the sake of it? Nope.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2013-03-09 at 12:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They will continue with their shitty priorities, boring scenarios and lolpokemon tuning. I love running dungeons and it's the main reason I would be intrested keeping my sub up. They offer so much this expansion, but nothing that would keep me intrested.

Scenarios? Reharsed world content where you get to do some quest with low chance of useful loot.

You know you enjoy pokemon in WoW if it's the only good game you have played...
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    As like most said, we wont need new 5 man dungeons since they only serve for the purpose of gearing up and as for the valor we got other ways/dungeons available and its great they took this decision since back in cata 4.3 dungeons were fun the first time, then they served no purpose at all. However I'd rather see a new scenario to fit the storytelling of the next patch(es)

Deleted
    Dungeons are meh anyways, can't be arsed to run them even for valor. Scenarios are in my opinion much better because you are less likely to get grouped with... your average LFG person, it's easier to get a quick guild group to run it at any time of the day since there is no role-check and you only need two extra people.

I would prefer solo-scenarios to farm for valor though, I really just can't stand the random people you group up with in LFR, LFG, BG's etc anymore.

I see no reason for new 5-mans and the reasons have already been stated by others. Only reason I do 5-mans are a bit of VP and with the recent change, reputation.

So glad they aren't planning any. Just give us raids for gear, scenarios for story, don't care about 5-mans really...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    This shift just has to be accepted. New five mans just do not server any sort of purpose
    Storytelling?

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    They'll continue to make useless one-time scenarios, tho. Atleast the VP reward could be the same as doing dungeons.
    And shitty daily quests. Expect lot's more of those. What a crying fucking shame. This new feature they announced better be mind blowing.

---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 12:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    This shift just has to be accepted. New five mans just do not server any sort of purpose, and if you want new challenge modes they've already hinted that they'd prefer to retool older content. Five mans are there to gear up before LFR, for quick valor runs and for challenge modes. That is their purpose, not catch up.
    No it doesn't and I DEVOUTELY hope and wish that it isn't accepted one bit. I hope people leave in spades over this. I want the game to succeed but not like this.

Don't mind there being no new 5-mans if they would stop adding useless one time scenarios. hard to feel the development time was "well-spent" when its a one time thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Storytelling?
    Scenarios.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    To me the ICC 5mans in WotLK and the Hour of Twilight 5mans in Cataclysm stood out in terms of storytelling and atmosphere, better than some of the raids in the game.