Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    They already said on MoP beta and I believe even at blizzcon that LFR will "replace heroics" - so there is no need to make 5man every tier to bridge gap between last tier and new tier for "those that fell behind gear progression" or anything like that.

Old system:
    Normal 5-man -> heroic 5-man -> normal raid -> Heroic raid (after wotlk-Naxx)

New system:
    Leveling 5-man (called normal) + Scenarios -> Normal 5-man (called heroic) -> LFR ("new heroics") -> Normal raids -> Heroic raids

Thats how it is, and thats how it will be for rest of expansion and maybe even next one unless they go "we learned that players wanted 5-mans so we make 5-mans relevant again!!"

They probably should rename the difficulties on next expansion.

id prefer solo scenarios to new dungeons, the less you have to involve with other players the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    They already said on MoP beta and I believe even at blizzcon that LFR will "replace heroics" - so there is no need to make 5man every tier to bridge gap between last tier and new tier for "those that fell behind gear progression" or anything like that.

Old system:
    Normal 5-man -> heroic 5-man -> normal raid -> Heroic raid (after wotlk-Naxx)

New system:
    Leveling 5-man (called normal) + Scenarios -> Normal 5-man (called heroic) -> LFR ("new heroics") -> Normal raids -> Heroic raids

Thats how it is, and thats how it will be for rest of expansion and maybe even next one unless they go "we learned that players wanted 5-mans so we make 5-mans relevant again!!"

They probably should rename the difficulties on next expansion.
    Because they can better control and slow progression. That's fucking horse shit. It means I'll be stuck with nothing but an LFR que once a week as a form of progression, or swallow their horseshit and run daily quest. The entire thing will just bottle at LFR. It's crap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Because they can better control and slow progression. That's fucking horse shit. It means I'll be stuck with nothing but an LFR que once a week as a form of progression, or swallow their horseshit and run daily quest. The entire thing will just bottle at LFR. It's crap.
    Same thing could be said about farming 5 man dungeons to no end.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Same thing could be said about farming 5 man dungeons to no end.
    Not really. I could farm 5 mans to no end and get valor and spend it on gear as much as I wanted until my progression was for all intents and purposes finished. Until I would basically run out of valor gear I could buy. That took awhile though even in 4.3. Now that ends ALOT SOONER under this new system. In fact it ended after 2 days in mists and then I had lfr ques. Or run their fucking daily quests.

Dungeons have to be made as unattractive and unappealing as possible so that they can get rid of them because they were just of fucking good and rewarded to much. It's very Skinner box. Their trying to change the way and the type of content people enjoy and consume by changing the reward behind it and the availability of it. My hope is that it doesn't work. My hope is that league steals another 5 millions subs from wow. Understand I want wow to succeed but not like this.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-03-09 at 01:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how you run your scenarios, but in my experience a scenario usually takes tops 5 minutes, whilst a dungeon takes 10-15-20.
    I do them VERY rarely. I guess (since RNG always hated me ), the system always puts me into the ones that are such a drag. On top of that the randoms usually die, b/c they are stupid and pull too much. I've never finished one in 5 minutes oO More close to 15-20 if the randoms die.

Dunno, Dungeons are much less stressful and annoying. Maybe it's me preferring to have a tank and not tanking myself as a clothie.

BTW: I wholeheartedly agree that Scenarios would be awesome story telling tools for leveling!

Deleted
    good move imo. I thought they will eventually soften up and lep people skip tiers in 5.4, if they won't do this kudos to Blizzard.
    I just run 1 a day for valor, so couldn't care less about them.

Scenarios are just not real PVE content - it's just same old group quests. 5-ppls is a real PVE content, where you need healer, tank and difficultly is designed around it. You may say, that LFR will replace LFD. No. It can't. LFR needs about an hour of free time to do it, and 5ppl may take 15 minutes. So... The worst thing happened as I predicted - this game completely turned into World of Dailygrindcraft. Why? Just because if you have some free time. now you even can't do 2-3 LFD runs - you supposed to do this freakin boring dailies instead.
    Sorry for my bad english.
    WOW Signature.(Warning! 10.9Mb gif animation!) MWO Signature.(Warning! 3.9Mb gif animation!)
    I think it's really easy and even attractive to people to daydream about worst case scenarios©Bashiok
    "No flying - no sub" Club "No tiers in LFR - no sub" Club

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I do them VERY rarely. I guess (since RNG always hated me ), the system always puts me into the ones that are such a drag. On top of that the randoms usually die, b/c they are stupid and pull too much. I've never finished one in 5 minutes oO More close to 15-20 if the randoms die.

Dunno, Dungeons are much less stressful and annoying. Maybe it's me preferring to have a tank and not tanking myself as a clothie.

BTW: I wholeheartedly agree that Scenarios would be awesome story telling tools for leveling!
    Sounds like you had a streak of bad luck then. ^_^

I run at least one scenario a day, and usually get Domination Point, which I can easily solo as a Warlock. Usually the ones I'm grouped up with are quite slow and not sure of what to do (as with most if not all people in the LFG finder), but this particular Scenario along with dagger in the dark, are so simple and quick that they could almost be considered solo Scenarios.

Deleted
    They should make 5mans that take 3h to clear. Wiping the grp all the time. Then it would be useful to make new ones.
    Even dungeons should feel a bit epic not just a daily run to the last boss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AVPaul View Post
    Scenarios are just not real PVE content - it's just same old group quests. 5-ppls is a real PVE content, where you need healer, tank and difficultly is designed around it. You may say, that LFR will replace LFD. No. It can't. LFR needs about an hour of free time to do it, and 5ppl may take 15 minutes. So... The worst thing happened as I predicted - this game completely turned into World of Dailygrindcraft. Why? Just because if you have some free time. now you even can't do 2-3 LFD runs - you supposed to do this freakin boring dailies instead.
    Really? You need a tank and healer in 5-mans? Last time I ran them the healer was pretty much afk and I never saw his mana bar drop, the tank didn't do anything special other than charging in and getting getting all the threat while we nuked it all down. I would hardly call that interesting.

I think you can easily run the current 5 mans as five DPS, with no problems at all.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is a Blizzard's way of saying: we did a lot of daily quests and you gonna do them all, many many times over and over again!
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Not really. I could farm 5 mans to no end and get valor and spend it on gear as much as I wanted until my progression was for all intents and purposes finished. Until I would basically run out of valor gear I could buy. That took awhile though even in 4.3. Now that ends ALOT SOONER under this new system. In fact it ended after 2 days in mists and then I had lfr ques. Or run their fucking daily quests.

Dungeons have to be made as unattractive and unappealing as possible so that they can get rid of them because they were just of fucking good and rewarded to much. It's very Skinner box. Their trying to change the way and the type of content people enjoy and consume by changing the reward behind it and the availability of it. My hope is that it doesn't work. My hope is that league steals another 5 millions subs from wow. Understand I want wow to succeed but not like this.
    Part of this new system is due to all the complaints in 4.3 of there not being anything to do, so they gated the progression rate so people like you can't rush through it in two days, when it's meant to last for weeks/months.

In before "so have them hire more people to develop content faster!", not that easy. They are actually hiring people right now, but hiring the right people, getting them started, and all in all making new content with high quality, the dungeons they have made are beautiful in terms of looks, designing and creating things like that takes a big chunk of time.

Dungeons have also been made "unattractive" because they don't want to have the same catch-up system they had in Cataclysm. In Cataclysm a newly "dinged" 85 could skip over all previous content, run the 4.3 dungeons and jump directly into Dragon Soul. Blizzard didn't want the previous raids to become entirely obsolete, and wants you to experience them even if very briefly before you head on to the next one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    id prefer solo scenarios to new dungeons, the less you have to involve with other players the better.
    Yeah it's not like this is an MMO or something.

Complaining about not getting the best gear available from 5 mans, lmao

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Yeah it's not like this is an MMO or something.
    Normally I would agree with this statement, but when it comes to the kind of people you run into when the system creates the groups more or less completely randomly, when everyone is anonymous and can get away with pretty much any kind of behavior, I would rather play with my friends or with none at all.

I'm glad and hope that they never make a new 5-man until the next expansion. Giant waste of resources.
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    when I go to the carnival and drop 5 bucks on a -game- I don't bitch when I don't win the stuffed bear

Part of this new system is due to all the complaints in 4.3 of there not being anything to do, so they gated the progression rate so people like you can't rush through it in two days, when it's meant to last for weeks/months.

In before "so have them hire more people to develop content faster!", not that easy. They are actually hiring people right now, but hiring the right people, getting them started, and all in all making new content with high quality, the dungeons they have made are beautiful in terms of looks, designing and creating things like that takes a big chunk of time.

Dungeons have also been made "unattractive" because they don't want to have the same catch-up system they had in Cataclysm. In Cataclysm a newly "dinged" 85 could skip over all previous content, run the 4.3 dungeons and jump directly into Dragon Soul. Blizzard didn't want the previous raids to become entirely obsolete, and wants you to experience them even if very briefly before you head on to the next one.
    Having nothing to do is a function of not enough patches. Not gating progression. Nobody asked to go slower and asked the developers to gate progression, especially to this degree. What was asked was that the developers release more content to keep pace. Instead they took nothing to do as a call for grind grind grind grind. Which is wrong and as long as they continue to embrace this will cost them subs.

It's exactly that easy. In fact without even doing that they've managed to increase the rate at which patches are released in this expansion already. If they were so committed to more patches then this gating wouldn't be necessary.

As for the catch up system that's all in the name of gating players and turning it into a grind. They hide behind the desire from some members of the community to feel validated for their efforts but the reality is that this entire thing is a giant attempt to get you to sub for longer and go slower because they refuse to invest more money in the game.

Keep Bleeding subs Blizzard. IN the end you'll get to this realization to.

I think you can easily run the current 5 mans as five DPS, with no problems at all.
    I could already heal heroics as boomkin, and my friend tanked them as fury warrior. Surely it might be possible, albeit we didn't combine our ways of playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Complaining about not getting the best gear available from 5 mans, lmao
    The best gear? Excuse me it was never the best gear available. Even in 4.3 when it was a free loot party it was never the best gear.