Deleted

Blood Tap mandatory ?

Is Blood Tap mandatory for unholy dks ?

I'm looking to spec my dk unholy and use him for pvp but if that means I will get this extra buff to watch and an extra keybind to press, then I'm just gonna stick to my ww monk which at least is way more straightforward in playstyle. Also, I have noticed you can't macro BT into deathcoil and stuff because it always does this stupid animation even if it's nothing to cast, and that's a deal breaker for me.

I armoried a lot of people and they all seem to be using BT, btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, blood tap is basically mandatory for unholy pvp as it provides on use necrotic strikes.

Though tbh, if you cba to have many binds, then you shouldn't be playing unholy dk in the first place. Unholy DKs require quite some binds and especially a lot of micro managing (tracking runes, managing Timmy).

If you want straight-forward PvP then go WW monk. More straight forward it can't get. But tbh if you play your unholy DK well, you'll be rewarded a lot more than WW monk. Because they're so straight forward, there's not much cool stuff you can do with them besides rolling around like a mad man

Deleted
    I see...

So much for that then. Nah, not gonna play frost either, it's way too squishy and easy to outplay in pvp while unholy is not that squishy and has a bit more gimmicks but...BT crazyness...nah, forget it.

Thanks for tip.

Deleted
    Blood tap causes no GCD? If so, it can be macroed into NS I guess.

Just macro it into necrotic strike. Problem solved, no extra keybind. It won't waste charges if you don't have a rune on CD, so if you already had death runes up it won't use up charges, but if you need to NS desperately and don't have the runes you can fire off up to 2 additional ones just by macroing it in.

The hardest part of unholy is easily the pet keybinds. I generally use about 4. One for petattack mouseover, one for moveto, one for leap, and one for gnaw. Whatever target I want cc on, I stick my pet on with the mouseover macro. Then I use a gnaw target=pettarget macro. For leap I use a leap mouseover macro but if I have no mouseover it returns my pet to me and leaps when he gets enough range.

Oh then I have I macro that makes my pet assist me.

5 keybinds right there is kind of a pain in the ass but it is doable.

Huddle is macroed into my deathcoil pet macro too which isn't optimal but it works and saves me a bind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by elseagoat View Post
    Just macro it into necrotic strike. Problem solved, no extra keybind. It won't waste charges if you don't have a rune on CD, so if you already had death runes up it won't use up charges, but if you need to NS desperately and don't have the runes you can fire off up to 2 additional ones just by macroing it in.

The hardest part of unholy is easily the pet keybinds. I generally use about 4. One for petattack mouseover, one for moveto, one for leap, and one for gnaw. Whatever target I want cc on, I stick my pet on with the mouseover macro. Then I use a gnaw target=pettarget macro. For leap I use a leap mouseover macro but if I have no mouseover it returns my pet to me and leaps when he gets enough range.

Oh then I have I macro that makes my pet assist me.

5 keybinds right there is kind of a pain in the ass but it is doable.

Huddle is macroed into my deathcoil pet macro too which isn't optimal but it works and saves me a bind.
    Macro it to NS ? Is NS the only use for blood tap ? :O

Quote Originally Posted by Ventolin View Post
    Macro it to NS ? Is NS the only use for blood tap ? :O
    Of course not. But if you are desperate for keybinds this option will increase ns output significantly. The other option would be macro it to death coil then you lose the ability to save blood taps for when you need them

Deleted
    After watching a very good unholy dk and a very good ww monk dueling 5 times and the monk losing all duels, I decided to give more consideration to trying to play an unholy dk, at least till I get it geared in this av weekend. Not looking forward to playing yet another class that always looses in 1v1 to several others.

Guess I have to add a keybind for BT.

I don't see what with's all the hub-bub for pet management. Only thing you actually NEED to keybind is Gnaw, the rest isn't necesary unless you REALLY wanna go and min-max.

Quote Originally Posted by Ventolin View Post
    Only thing you actually NEED to keybind is Gnaw, the rest isn't necesary unless you REALLY wanna go and min-max.
    To break 1750 mb, further you'll need things like huddle to prevent pet dieing, leap to your healer to eat trap, leap to target since you have leap on manual just in case, leap/gnaw focus and quite a few different keybinds. At least garg looks like behaving predictably first time in years and actually attacking what you summoned it.

Deleted
    Got to admit I understand where the OP is coming from. For Unholy we require far too many keybinds.

Macros do help though, and for pvp I do feel macroing BT to necrotics is cool. I also use two macros for pet, one is an all in one pet control/conversion macro and the other is the charge/stun one. Works for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    To break 1750 mb, further you'll need things like huddle to prevent pet dieing, leap to your healer to eat trap, leap to target since you have leap on manual just in case, leap/gnaw focus and quite a few different keybinds. At least garg looks like behaving predictably first time in years and actually attacking what you summoned it.
    Leap doesn't work on friendly targets anymore since cataclysm ._.

But yeah, having Leap bound helps a lot. When your pet is enraged it's serves as an interrupt.