Deleted

Death Knight Weapon Confusion.

I'm currently MS Blood, using Starshatter as my weapon.

The other day I looted raid finder Shin'Ka from Sha.

The Starshatter has been upgraded to ilvl 497, but since I looted Shin'ka after 5.1 it remains at ilvl 483.

My OS is also Frost.

These are the reforges etc for Starshatter -

- Upgraded twice to 497
    - Swordshattering Enchant
    - Crit reforged to Mastery

With these factors, I want to know what weapon suits what spec best.

I figured that Starshatter easily beats Shin'ka as a DPS weapon, but that would mean I'd lose my Swordshattering runeforge and I'd be losing the 362 mastery from the reforge if I were to reforge it as a Frost weapon.

Shin'ka would presumably be a better tank weapon because it has 723 mastery, but this is at a cost of a bit over 200 stamina and the 2000 weapon damage.

The weapon damage loss gives me the feeling that it's far worse of a DPS weapon.

If this were 5.1, I'd happily upgrade Shin'ka fully and run with that and have Starshatter as an OS weapon, but it remains at a rather low ilvl.

Currently I'm using Starshatter with tanking reforges, enchants etc as both a MS weapon and OS weapon. Once I have the time I'll see if I can test my DPS, but I'm not at my PC right now so I can't do that easily. So, for now, some input on the situation would be much appreciated

I'll also mention that I have my 500 strength gem handy. I won't be running ToES normal/HC again since I simply do not have the time to attend that raid as well as my guilds ToT raids, so saving it for normal/HC Shin'Ka just isn't an option.

Thanks,
    Desp

Shinka is more tank, starshatter dps.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

I have the heroic starshater, and the raid finder shinka, and the ax is still better.

Unless you really need the minor survivability boost go with Starshatter.
    Quote Originally Posted by skribzy View Post
    I have the heroic starshater, and the raid finder shinka, and the ax is still better.
    No way....