Page 5 of 198 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    im personally thinking ill go for mastery=haste>crit (considering mastery=crit>haste) and here is why: in this tier there seem to be very few fights where sustained single target dps is important. and one of those is jinrokh who is so easy reforging doesnt matter

most fights have either aoe or adds that need to be burned down or cleave. mastery i imagine would be the best stat for burst dps (thinking venom priestess on horridon, spirit of loa on council) as well as being strong for fights with multiple SB on add phases. mastery is according to the sim above by far the best stat for aoe. so i feel that this prio gives the highest dps in the situations we are likely to encounter.

TL;DR this tier single target dps doesnt seem to matter much!

...Am I doing something wrong?

In my current gear (Bitsi on Proudmoore), yes, I know the reforging is not optimal. I'm OCD and have it that way until more crap drops in LFR. :P I've done it the "optimal" way and it's like 100 dps difference, so atm, I go with appeasing my OCD over that. :P

Anyway, in my current gear, I cannot go past 47k sustained DPS with Supremacy and any pet. I will spike to 49-50k during buff periods with the chaos bolt phase, but that's about it.

Whereas when I use sacrifice, I sustain 50-51k dps, and spike to 57-59k during the chaos bolt phase.

Am I doing something wrong in that sacrifice is pulling such a huge difference for me the opposite way it seems to be doing for others? This is self buffed, not raid buffed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinj View Post
    We're still in the process of figuring that out However, we can now tentatively say that for single target and for our gear level (495-510 ilvl) it's something like Crit >= Haste > Mastery - but we still need to do some more tests in order to confirm this.

But don't fret - the difference between a mastery > haste > crit-reforge and a crit > haste > mastery-reforge is not that great (maybe 1-2k dps), so it's not like you're completely gimping yourself by going one way over the other, hehe.
    oh okay. so my gear doesnt make me look like a retard yay xD
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Hey Brusalk, just a couple questions based off of the smallest wol sampling ever.

I noticed you used fel imp. I found it to be doing more on dummys than the observer, but was under the impression that the haste for the obs' melee attacks + armor debuffs etc. are what put it ahead.

Looking at megaera, the number 1 overall is a destro lock that was gosasc as well as the third ranked destro below you. Granted, he used havoc 16 times, that fight seems to be a closer indicator of a fight where sup should be edging out, no?

Deleted
    Looking at megaera, the number 1 overall is a destro lock that was gosasc as well as the third ranked destro below you. Granted, he used havoc 16 times, that fight seems to be a closer indicator of a fight where sup should be edging out, no?
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...%3DTYPE_DAMAGE
    :>

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    He did it for the mana regen!

Only did a brief glance without going into expression editor, what a cheater

edit: just checked his armory, 8% hit without any sign of an aff os ?:|

Deleted
    Well, curently on the Megaera encounter, i've been asking myself with the interrest (other than the increase of the numbers ) of going destro and using Havoc ?

Deleted
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...nd+subType%3D2
    Padding at its best !

He did it for the mana regen!
    Yeah I'm sure that's the reason

Well, curently on the Megaera encounter, i've been asking myself with the interrest (other than the increase of the numbers ) of going destro and using Havoc ?
    If you use Havoc (and you should) it should be for gaining more Embers through Conflags/Incinerates/Immolate, not doing useless damage with duplicated Shadowburns. This plus RoF cleaving nets a good ember generation. Not sure it can beat Aff in term of direct useful damage though, but its really hard to see since there is a lot of padding on this fight either with SB:SS or Havoc.
    If I ever have a lot of spare time in the coming months I will probably make a new app that calculates useful DPS on this encounter like for Protectors
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2013-03-09 at 10:45 PM.

For another extra spanner in the works, does anyone want to hazard a guess as to the effect of the Tier 15 4pc bonus on stat weights?

On the one hand, more haste means more Incinerates and more chances to proc the extra Ember bit. On the other hand, IIRC the bonus does exactly what it says and if it procs on a crit you get 4 Ember bits. Maybe it will increase the value of both Haste and Crit at the expense of Mastery?

I know it'll be a little while before most of us get that 4pc, but since we're doing all this heavy sim work I thought it worth bringing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzyo View Post
    Hey Brusalk, just a couple questions based off of the smallest wol sampling ever.

I noticed you used fel imp. I found it to be doing more on dummys than the observer, but was under the impression that the haste for the obs' melee attacks + armor debuffs etc. are what put it ahead.

I used fel-imp on a few fights where there was target switching (Dark Animus) or where his 3-target dispel was useful (Lei-shen). I'm of the opinion that you should use whatever pet you want to use for the fight if there's no switching, and use imp/fel imp if there's a large amount of target switching within the imps casting range.

The pets are all so close that it's a sub 1% DPS difference to use one pet over the other. I'd much rather be able to help interrupt or dispel people than potentially gain a few hundred thousand damage over the course of a 5 minute fight.

As for Nezyt and Cocoabutters I have 2 things to say:

1) They tend to pad meters unnecessarily while I don't (Prime example being... *cough cough* Megaera).

2) They shouldn't have used Sup/Serv over GoSac. They actually gimped the raid even more by using GoSac over GoSup/Serv because the spread out their talent damage increase from the primary target to the secondary target. (As GoSac is balanced to be competitive with the pet talents on 2 targets, not 1. 1 target GoSac is terrible)
    Last edited by Brusalk; 2013-03-09 at 10:52 PM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    For another extra spanner in the works, does anyone want to hazard a guess as to the effect of the Tier 15 4pc bonus on stat weights?

On the one hand, more haste means more Incinerates and more chances to proc the extra Ember bit. On the other hand, IIRC the bonus does exactly what it says and if it procs on a crit you get 4 Ember bits. Maybe it will increase the value of both Haste and Crit at the expense of Mastery?

I know it'll be a little while before most of us get that 4pc, but since we're doing all this heavy sim work I thought it worth bringing up.
    on the other hand, it will increase how many chaos bolts we cast thus increasing the value of mastery?

hard to say which one will be effected most

Deleted
    firstly thanks for the guide!

secondly you don't mention Optical Blast any where, if using the observer and not needing the interrupt should this be used on cool down?

It seems like you no longer get embers from RoF on immune targets (tested on Grand Empress in LFR). You might want to verify and edit the guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroto View Post
    It seems like you no longer get embers from RoF on immune targets (tested on Grand Empress in LFR). You might want to verify and edit the guide.
    Doesn't hinder havoc shadowburning off of dying fields though \o/

Quote Originally Posted by Nekromonde View Post
    firstly thanks for the guide!

secondly you don't mention Optical Blast any where, if using the observer and not needing the interrupt should this be used on cool down?
    Hmmmmmm..

Looking at it in terms of damage/energy:

Tongue Lash: (406 + 38%SP) / 60

Optical Blast: (150 + 14%SP) / 20

(406 + 38x)/60 > (150 + 14x)/20

Tongue Lash is more damage than Optical Blast when you have < -11 SP. (So never..)

Yeah I suppose you should cast Optical Blast on CD when using the Observer.

---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 04:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    on the other hand, it will increase how many chaos bolts we cast thus increasing the value of mastery?

hard to say which one will be effected most
    I'm 99% sure that it will only serve to increase the value of mastery substantially, and haste/crit slightly.

---------- Post added 2013-03-09 at 04:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroto View Post
    Sad Day!

At least we can still cast havoc'd stuff off of them though!

Deleted
    Padding at its best !
    How dare u!
    You made me play destruction in the first place and i didnt even knew about the 3x shadowburn with havoc before u mentioned it! It's all your fault im having so much fun with it right now .

As for the 8% Hit, im reforging Hit into something else when doing stuff like farming pets on dino island/doing heroics or something else where i wont need that hitcap.

And Yes, i agree that you are gimping your raid while doing it but oh well heroic progression is where it's at and it wont happen there i promise. Although Horridon will be a hard one for me, really had to convince myself to go on the Adds on the last door and not spamming chaosbolts on him while executing the adds .
    Last edited by mmoc73a8d77b0b; 2013-03-10 at 07:56 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Nezyt View Post
    How dare u!
    You made me play destruction in the first place and i didnt even knew about the 3x shadowburn with havoc before u mentioned it! It's all your fault im having so much fun with it right now .

As for the 8% Hit, im reforging Hit into something else when doing stuff like farming pets on dino island/doing heroics or something else where i wont need that hitcap.

And Yes, i agree that you are gimping your raid while doing it but oh well heroic progression is where it's at and it wont happen there i promise. Although Horridon will be a hard on for me really had to convince myself to go on the Adds on the last door and not spamming chaosbolts on him while executing the adds .
    Hey Nezyt.

Technically you could make the argument that as long as the adds are dying, and the boss still needs to get close to 30% before the boss comes down...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Hey Nezyt.

Technically you could make the argument that as long as the adds are dying, and the boss still needs to get close to 30% before the boss comes down...
    Hey!

Haha yes, thats true i guess. I always thought the miniboss would spawn on a certain timer. Seems like im not as informed as i thought i would be :X.

While we're at it, did u notice something on rof ember generation ? Kinda feels like it has increased since the patch, could also be the green fire though .

Quote Originally Posted by Nezyt View Post
    Hey!

Haha yes, thats true i guess. I always thought the miniboss would spawn on a certain timer. Seems like im not as informed as i thought i would be :X.

While we're at it, did u notice something on rof ember generation ? Kinda feels like it has increased since the patch, could also be the green fire though .
    We found out the hard way that the mini-boss spawns on a set timer, but if you push past 30%, he'll spawn anyway.

As for ember generation, I haven't really found it being higher than I would expect the different reforgings to indicate. (I've found it higher, but I'm also geared/reforged toward haste/crit, so I would expect to get more)