Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Page 35 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    After some screaming at the Fel Hounds, screaming at SimCity servers, and about 30 odd tries I finally got it. So happy with the result!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Cosmetic changes seem to be fine. Plenty of big streamers have used them for a long time like Reckful and Dakkroth.
    Doesn't mean they're fine, it just means those people haven't been caught yet.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Quote Originally Posted by Mcstunner View Post
    i'm just gonna wait till next expansion and then come back to face fuck him. no sense in doing something this hard and making what should be a fun experience so annoying.
    OMG, get out of here casual! (JK, I love ponies.)

Has anyone had problems with Recount not picking up this fight?
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Is the fight even doable on my warlock? I just got the Tome so I haven't started it yet.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Aixedox/simple
    too much hit, 15% is max , dump all the haste if u gonna do this as destro and go all out mastery and crit

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Lock View Post
    too much hit, 15% is max , dump all the haste if u gonna do this as destro and go all out mastery and crit
    Actually, Mastery is Destro's weakest stat since the patch, right?

I'm almost giving up on aquiring the tome itself. I just hate fucking farming for a rare drop, no skill involved, massive loss of time, everything that I hate about MMOs. Danmn I wouldn't mind wiping 50times on a boss instead of having to run around the isle like a retard.

And I can't even use the flying mount. What the hell seriously...

What a failure this new quest (and even the whole isle tbh) has been for me so far.
    5.1 16/16 HC 5.2 12/12

Deleted
    Haste is just good in general with a pet. Mastery is strong with GoSAC

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Lock View Post
    Ok then. As for the fight itself anyone know the dps minimum is for completing the fight. It seems rather intense so i will have to rely on my skill above all else.

Quote Originally Posted by rezoacken View Post
    I'm almost giving up on aquiring the tome itself. I just hate fucking farming for a rare drop, no skill involved, massive loss of time, everything that I hate about MMOs. Danmn I wouldn't mind wiping 50times on a boss instead of having to run around the isle like a retard.

What a failure this new quest (and even the whole isle tbh) has been for me so far.
    Agreed. Would like to see the item having more chance to drop, depending on your ToT progress. Sick of seeing all the LFR heroes getitng their green fire on the first 5-10 rare kills while im farming this crap all night and day.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Actually, Mastery is Destro's weakest stat since the patch, right?
    Actually, it is the strongest behind Int and Spell power only.

Can anyone tell me how I can set up a weak or power aura to alert me when he is starting to cast a chaos bolt? I can handle the rest its them that are messing em up more than anything! I'd like a visual and a sound alert so i really don't miss it! lol
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Finally got green fire on a 0% wipe (should have gotten some purification potions). The banish happened, so I could get the fire, but the quest didn't complete. My ilevel is 489.

Some things that helped me that I haven't seen posted anywhere:
    You can completely negate Chaos Bolt if the Pit Lord is tanking. Use Demonic Gateway a few seconds before Kanrethad would normally cast Chaos Bolt and he'll just skip casting it entirely. This also helps reduce damage since he won't be casting soul fire on you during the debuff time either.

Soulshatter after Cataclysm and before he summons the Fel Puppies. That will cause Kanrethad to chase the pit lord when you put him away while you deal with the fel puppies, with the added benefit that he won't bother debuffing you since you'll be out of line of sight.

In addition to all the debuffs he puts on you, he also gets a buff (aura of omnipotence) that's worth dispelling with the Pit Lord as well. That might affect how you choose to position.

Use the Enslave Demon glyph. If you have a good macro for it, you probably don't even need Shadowfury (maybe mortal coil for another heal as a replacement?).

Pit lord enslave macro: Cast when he's first summoned, and then again just after the Cataclysm before the first Doom Lord
    Code:
    /target Pit Lord
    /script PetDismiss ()
    /cast Enslave Demon
    /targetlasttarget

Doom lord banish macro: I let the Pit Lord tank the first one, and banish the second one. I'd position close to the second Doom Lord to make sure I didn't banish the wrong one.
    Code:
    /target Doom Lord
    /cast Banish
    /targetlasttarget
    I hope some of that helps anyone having trouble. It's an infuriating fight, but worth doing.

So I managed to get the kill, but tunneled at the end and didn't pop my SacPact when the last chaos bolt was flying through the air. I killed him with Shadowburn, and the animation happened, but I died. I released and was able to go up and absorb the green fire from Kanrethad, but my scenario still has the "Kill Kanrethad" objective not completed. When I hearthed out and went back, I was able to fight Kanrethad again. Are you supposed to be able to do this? Or where do you revert the change if I ever wanted to? Or should I just be happy with my new green fire and not worry about it? haha

Quote Originally Posted by rezoacken View Post

an lfr hero will get the tome, but getting green fire is another thing completely. im on a high pop server, quite a few people have the tome. and last i checked only 3 people have green fire.

Deleted
    I did the quest during prt testing, so on live it was 1 shot as affliction (~505 ilvl)

Just sac a imp for the dispels
    Get enslave demon glyph
    Be aware of the pitlord abilities, the only important ones are the charge stun and the heal, the dispel breath and the cleave aren't really needed unless you are undergeared

The imp pack dies with 1 SB:SOC + 1-2 regular seeds

The felhunter pack isn't a issue at all, just save your 2nd DS for it, stand near to the pitlord, and SB:SS each felhunter as they spawn, if they dispel enslave just use howl of terror which will also fear the pitlord for 20 seconds while you easily finish them off

Man, I seriously wish I could just have one of you guys tutor me in-person on this fight, lol. I've just lost all confidence in my abilities, and for all the hours I've put in, I'm just not making any progress whatsoever. Here's a link to my Warlock's armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Camley/simple

The gear might not be terribly impressive, but it's the best I've been able to acquire, as I'm unable to raid normal-modes. Even going in on the low-end of the gearing spectrum, I feel like this fight *should* be possible, but I just can't do it. It's bad enough that his Imps absolutely wreck me, but you throw those Felguards into the mix, and I'm just toast.

The only other strat I was curious might work, is just sitting at the bottom of the stairs until he goes through both waves of demons, but even then, I just don't seem to be able to kill his imps fast enough to even be able to target him. Seriously; by the time his imps die, he's bringing up the Felhunters. And the Doom Lord, I can't even kill it before the SECOND Doom Lord!

Like I said, maybe it's a gear issue, but I've really just kinda given up hope.

Any tips on beating the essence of order? I have the vw tanking him while I dps, but I can't get him down fast enough before those little lost souls things own me. I'm ilevel491 and destro, is it just not enough? Am I missing a trick? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Man, I seriously wish I could just have one of you guys tutor me in-person on this fight, lol. I've just lost all confidence in my abilities, and for all the hours I've put in, I'm just not making any progress whatsoever. Here's a link to my Warlock's armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Camley/simple

The gear might not be terribly impressive, but it's the best I've been able to acquire, as I'm unable to raid normal-modes. Even going in on the low-end of the gearing spectrum, I feel like this fight *should* be possible, but I just can't do it. It's bad enough that his Imps absolutely wreck me, but you throw those Felguards into the mix, and I'm just toast.

The only other strat I was curious might work, is just sitting at the bottom of the stairs until he goes through both waves of demons, but even then, I just don't seem to be able to kill his imps fast enough to even be able to target him. Seriously; by the time his imps die, he's bringing up the Felhunters. And the Doom Lord, I can't even kill it before the SECOND Doom Lord!

Like I said, maybe it's a gear issue, but I've really just kinda given up hope.
    I know EXACTLY how you feel, I don't have time for normal raids so LFR and valor gear is pretty much the best I get, I thought I played my Warlock pretty well, always read up on stats, rotations, watched guides etc, and then I get to this fight and I feel like I'm a useless Warlock! I can get past the imps but have to use a few ember taps and a health stone to stay alive, I use the pit lord to charge them and fel breath themand they go down ok but i take a fair bit of damage from them and the dots from the boss, then the fel hounds come out and I can't seem to get them down and avoid the chaos bolt and deal with the pit lord being un-enslaved, it's just too much all at once, I also feel like it *should* be possible for non raiders, I thought my 492 ilvl would be fine for it, clearly not!
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by askevi View Post
    Any tips on beating the essence of order? I have the vw tanking him while I dps, but I can't get him down fast enough before those little lost souls things own me. I'm ilevel491 and destro, is it just not enough? Am I missing a trick? Thanks.
    I went into panic mode there and it worked out fine.

Was aff and used voidlord(not voidwalker) with soul link, tried to keep dots up much ass possible on boss and just spammed harvest life on those tiny adds.

Had the drain life glyph btw, not even sure if it works on harvest life.

Had ilvl476 then.
    Last edited by Exeris; 2013-03-10 at 02:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwtape View Post
    OMG, get out of here casual! (JK, I love ponies.)

Has anyone had problems with Recount not picking up this fight?
    My Recount doesn't pick up anything in Scenarios since the patch
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.