People disabling PVP on Isle of Thunder?

While on the Isle of Thunder i've come across many players of the opposite faction who have PVP disabled, they're unattackable and their names show up in blue, as if they were in a home city.

There's also this one hunter on my server, a known pest who's been griefing the Isle non-stop since day one and he can disable PVP and make himself unattackable in the middle of a fight...

Anyone have any ideas what's going on here? And yes, this IS a PVP server.

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The players in question are exploiting a bug. I won't go into the details of where I found this out because Boubouille would have Unpleasant Words for me. Suffice to say that I have reported it to Blizzard.
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

I know that when I pick up the quests in the troll area I get deflagged but if you flag yourself or attacksomeone you cant get it back without abandoning a quest and grabbing it again. It would make sense that its a bug since there really isnt a reason to not be flagged. It is kind of nice though since my server is always full of alliance and theres at least one set of quests I can do without getting ganked by a group of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliok View Post
    The players in question are exploiting a bug. I won't go into the details of where I found this out because Boubouille would have Unpleasant Words for me. Suffice to say that I have reported it to Blizzard.
    It has happened to me every day. I have no clue how it happens so its not realy exploiting a bug.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    It has happened to me every day. I have no clue how it happens so its not realy exploiting a bug.
    It is when you are knowingly using it for an advantage.

Deleted
    It can happen without you knowing it. I've seen it happen and I've also made a thread about it a couple days ago.

Still, for those who really want to gank someone but can't due to them being flagged, here's a trick: Just cast an AoE next to them.