10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't aware that was actually considered flying in the original series, I always thought they were just jumping up really high and then falling back down (like during the world tournaments), only time I really remember "flying" was when Goku would use an attack to propel himself through the air. Guess I need to re watch some episodes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tien and Chiaotzu were the first to be shown flying, I think. The technique was called Air Dance or something. Goku learned it during the time skip between King Piccolo and Piccolo Jr. I assume the others learned it during the time skip between DB and DBZ

Yeah the flying thing is all about them just controlling their energy and such kinda like think happy thoughts. Concentrate and you can fly

Some one who knows more of the series and comics and that explain something.

Why after goku beats frezzia and that why does he get the mentality that he should always hold back on fights. He coulda beat cell/buu in an heart beat had he actually used his full power but why everytime he has the chance to end stuff even after his enemy is 100% he never just ends it like he should then lets others try and they fail or die and he regrets it then he steps in again fights em doesnt use 100% of his power until hes about to die. He also did the same things in gt. I know its for story sake but why it just doesnt really make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naftc View Post
    Yeah the flying thing is all about them just controlling their energy and such kinda like think happy thoughts. Concentrate and you can fly

Some one who knows more of the series and comics and that explain something.

Why after goku beats frezzia and that why does he get the mentality that he should always hold back on fights. He coulda beat cell/buu in an heart beat had he actually used his full power but why everytime he has the chance to end stuff even after his enemy is 100% he never just ends it like he should then lets others try and they fail or die and he regrets it then he steps in again fights em doesnt use 100% of his power until hes about to die. He also did the same things in gt. I know its for story sake but why it just doesnt really make sense.
    Haven't seen Buu, but Goku thought and later knew (after Korrin confirmed it) he couldn't beat Cell. Gohan's anger skyrocketed his power level, which helped him reach Super Saiyan 2 and kick Cell's butt.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    Haven't seen Buu, but Goku thought and later knew (after Korrin confirmed it) he couldn't beat Cell. Gohan's anger skyrocketed his power level, which helped him reach Super Saiyan 2 and kick Cell's butt.

Pretty sure goku coulda/woulda beat cell had he spent the time in the chamber bettering himself not gohan. Plus didnt he during some part in the cell saga say he coulda but didnt so gohan could.

10+ Year Old Account
    After he fought Cell, he said he had gone full out, but it was still stupid to give Cell a senzu afterwards.

It's hard to tell whether or not Goku could have killed Fat Buu. He was stronger then Buu, but in his SS3 form, the more energy he used, the less time he would have had. If he had gathered his energy and vaporized Buu, he might have used up the last bit of his time on Earth and not actually finished the job, since they didn't know the extent of Buu's regeneration at the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any news on the next abridged gents?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamFourStar
    Expect Episode 33 sometime in March! We're busy working on it, along with other side videos as well! It's gonna be a lot of fun.
    Thar ya go.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    Thar ya go.
    thank the kais!..... wait

THANK THE SAIYANS!

Pretty sure goku coulda/woulda beat cell had he spent the time in the chamber bettering himself not gohan. Plus didnt he during some part in the cell saga say he coulda but didnt so gohan could.
    He trained himself in the chamber just as hard as he trained Gohan. It was when he first got Gohan to go SSJ for the first time in the chamber he realized that Gohan was more powerful despite Goku having been a SSJ much longer and trying to get to the next level. Gohan was just naturally stronger when he put his emotions into the fight and a better choice for cell and possibly reaching SSJ2. It's not like Goku slacked off at all, he was actually fighting as hard as he could and Gohan was keeping up no problem not realising his dad was actually going all out. Thats what made him choose Gohan instead to fight cell. Gohan was stronger then Goku, without even breaking a sweat.

He legitimately tried to beat cell, and could not, like he knew he would not. I also think your confusing that other quote with him saying in the Buu saga that when Gohan beat cell he thought he was done being the hero but the buu saga made him realize he was wrong about that.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-03-10 at 06:07 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nbcall View Post
    Something always bothered me about the Sayian/ Namek Saga. Frieza was a well know space pirate, who's family was insanely powerful, concurred and sold planets to the highest bidders on the black market, and terrorized the Galaxy. What happened to his whole empire when he and his father/brother suddenly disappeared? The only other time after the Namek Saga they go into space is in GT if I'm not mistaken. Does this ever get brought up again at any point in the series?
    http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Pla...e_Organization

It gets mentioned somewhat, but not tons. Not again in the actual show, but in the movies and DB:O.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

10+ Year Old Account
    Goku might have beat fat buu.... key word is MIGHT. ss3 is like a CD in wow. plus he only had a limited time and ss3 would have and did take time away.

Goku was also dead at the time so it made sense for him to want to make goten/trunks and gohan stronger

10+ Year Old Account
    He still didn't know how to go SSJ2. Remember, Trunks and Vegeta trained their asses off to get as strong as they did, but they were still too slow for Cell. Goku didn't know the trigger for that. Though, that doesn't really explain why he thought Gohan was the one that could find the trigger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    He still didn't know how to go SSJ2. Remember, Trunks and Vegeta trained their asses off to get as strong as they did, but they were still too slow for Cell. Goku didn't know the trigger for that. Though, that doesn't really explain why he thought Gohan was the one that could find the trigger.
    goku just knows alright he is like a wise old sage.... he just knows this shit

goku has saved the universe many times... TRUST HIS JUDGEMENT!

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I think he just saw the potential in Gohan when he went SSJ the first time and earlier examples. His rate of growth is ridiculous compared to the other saiyans. Meanwhile in Gohan's head he thinks everyone is just holding back when they fight him. Really he's just so far above them and so innocent he doesn't even realize how strong he is himself. That says something about how strong Gohan is and Goku recognized that I think. If he could only get Gohan to believe in himself for one second cell would be crushed.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2013-03-10 at 07:00 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Speaking of Gohan, the new movie just got whole lot more awesome.

They noticed the error with Gohan not using his ultimate form, and corrected it.

full article here.
    http://www.saiyanisland.com/2013/03/...enshots-scans/

10+ Year Old Account
    awww so he might not go mystic super saiyan 1

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    awww so he might not go mystic super saiyan 1
    I think it will 100% won't happen.

"New screenshots and scans of Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods have been released! The first, below on the left, is of Ultimate Gohan from the movie. He replaces Super Saiyan Gohan who showed up in the second trailer for Battle of Gods. As many of you have mentioned, after Gohan’s training with Old Kai in Dragon Ball Z’s in the Fusion Saga (part of the Buu Arc), there was no need for Gohan to go Super Saiyan as his dormant powers were already achieved. Scriptwriter Yusuke Watanabe and the team over at Toei Animation realized this and made sure the correct version was in the movie. You can see a comparison below of Ultimate Gohan (left, now in the movie) and Super Saiyan Gohan from the second trailer (right, no longer in the movie)."

Now I can only hope vegeta wears his buu saga attire

Also I noticed in the new screen shots, even though Krillin has hair, he still has dots on his forehead. Not sure if he stil had the dots in buu saga.
    Last edited by iadamson; 2013-03-10 at 06:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i also hope vegeta goes ss3.... because he will be sexy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    i also hope vegeta goes ss3.... because he will be sexy
    Vegeta: "Haha, I am now Super Saiyan 3!"
    Ghost Nappa: "I don't know what this Super Saiyan 3 is, but you look like Raditz."
    Bils pwns Vegeta
    Vegeta: "God dammit, Nappa"