Poll: Would you support a paid 300% XP boost option? (for alts)

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    For all the people who say its already in the game RaF, yeah too bad for us who live in countries that are blacklisted for it. And a battle.net country change costs quite a lot if you dont want (or can't simply because you dont live where you want to the destination to be) to send your documents such as drivers licence or ID to blizzard. So either add this or add elixirs that cost in game gold. Maybe even make Quintessential quintet (5 different classes to lvl 90 done) achievement a requirement to unlock the 300% xp gain potion, would still be cool.

Deleted
    If I didn't have to pay a subscription every month sure.

But seeing this is P2P...

No.

EDIT: This thread sums up much of what is wrong with WoW's mentality these days.
    Last edited by mmoc3fe040ec5f; 2013-03-10 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsage View Post
    If I didn't have to pay a subscription every month sure.

But seeing this is P2P...

No.

EDIT: This thread sums up much of what is wrong with WoW's mentality these days.
    You do know that raf exists, right? This is the same, but available for everyone, which raf isnt. I vote yes, Id gladly pay for it. Lots easier then another raf.

using the word "grind" for current leveling is hilarious

Deleted
    No.

The second you start giving (even small) advantages to people putting real-life money into the game, you open the door for the game to become another Pay2Win f*ckfest.

We don't need more of those.

No, leveling is already way too fast as it is with heirloom gear right now, 300% increase would make all their questing content completely irrelevant and make all their effort put into telling a story be void since you'd just be blasting through every zone in no time at all.

Deleted
    Any paid XP boost is bullshit.
    If you want to pay for faster leveling you can go ahead and buy a lvl 90 account.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozelynne View Post
    That's hardly the same as a simple on/off thing like the OP suggested.
    It's hardly different. (Also, the OP isn't suggesting a simple on-off switch that you pay for.

"Like, you pay 10 euro and it applies a realm-wide 300%, 10-day XP buff on any characters on your Bnet on that realm."

In this case, you pay $40 and it applies a 300% XP buff to any characters under level 80 on two accounts for 3 months.

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 07:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Deepstrider View Post
    No.

The second you start giving (even small) advantages to people putting real-life money into the game, you open the door for the game to become another Pay2Win f*ckfest.

We don't need more of those.
    Game doesn't start to 90, so I don't understand how a pre 90 boost to XP is an advantage.

No non-level 90 will ever be able to beat me at anything ever (since I'm 90) so a boost to XP isn't really an advantage.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Seriously?
    One of the best things about WoW is that the Item Shop sells only things entirely optional.
    I can list a few points about why I don't want something like this to happen:

1- WoW is a P2P MMO, I choosed to play it because I was tired that in the other F2P MMO's the one who has more money is the general winner in both PvP and PvE. Here in Warcraft only skill and time spent counts, because people willing to pay infinite money and people who doesn't can play equally. To make something like that it could become the spark of something that I REALLY don't want to see.
    2- Let's take a look at the game now, shall we? We have Recruit a Friend, Heirlooms, Potion drop from Krol and Guild Perks. Surely to level an alt is way faster than to level a main and that's because to join a dungeon or battleground while leveling is difficult. You may say "Who cares about dungeons and bg at low level?". Well I do, and I think a lot of people who are leveling for the first time like them too(and if we cut out all the people leveling alts with that 300%,because it will become so fast that 1-2 dungeons and you do 10 levels, there will be a significant decrease of the dungeons and bg partecipation at low level). And also, if those new people do not start to practice with their character at low level they will end doing the n00bs in lvl 90 content (which is a problem even now with just the heirlooms, RAF and perks IMHO).

That's what I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    It's hardly different. (Also, the OP isn't suggesting a simple on-off switch that you pay for.

"Like, you pay 10 euro and it applies a realm-wide 300%, 10-day XP buff on any characters on your Bnet on that realm."

In this case, you pay $40 and it applies a 300% XP buff to any characters under level 80 on two accounts for 3 months.

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 07:32 AM ----------

Game doesn't start to 90, so I don't understand how a pre 90 boost to XP is an advantage.

No non-level 90 will ever be able to beat me at anything ever (since I'm 90) so a boost to XP isn't really an advantage.
    You can't tell the difference between playing one account and two at once? You're a lost cause, dude. As for the on-off switch maybe I phrased it badly, but you turn it on when you pay for it and it switches off when the time is up, that's all i was getting at.

If people say multiboxing RAF is the same as just buying a boost from the Blizzard store and multiboxing is okay I don't see why anyone would be against being able to just buy a boost. Simply saves a few steps along the way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post

My point wasn't really that the XP boost would be a big advantage, more that adding a paid boost to in-game mechanics opens the door to more of the same.

If you add paid XP boosting, it wouldn't be too long before you started seeing things such as the ability to pay for extra loot rolls etc.

Where as I agree that this game needs something to bypass lvling, I don't think buying it for real money is the way to go.

One long questline that opens up once you have 2 lvl 90s that takes you trough most important lore zones and some raids (special instanced quest versions of those raids)
    I've no idea what to write here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cheero View Post
    Why not just pay to totally bypass leveling?
    Wh not?

If you alrady have a max level character. Lets face it endgame bears no resemblance to levelling anyway

I wouldn't mind seeing the option for a tabard. You could buy it and use it when you wanted to. I guess it would depend on the cost of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keny View Post
    NO TY, now close thread.

Oh I'm sorry... I was reading this and thought it was a forum... you know - a place where we discuss things?

i would gladly pay for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only if wow went free to play

why i need to pay an extra service when in game there is plenty of method for speed up the levelling process and the only problem is blizzard stance torvard them? boa fly+heirloom till cap where already in game it's just blizzard refusing to update them to mop level.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    I would love more ways to level my characters faster, because I dislike leveling. But I would NOT support a paid service, because WoW is a subscription-based MMO. I don't like the fact that there's paid mounts and stuff either.

I think leveling needs to be faster in general once you have a certain number of 90's (maybe 5?).

Leveling 1-90 just sucks now.