10+ Year Old Account

ToT 10m Healer Comp (2 or 3?)

For an average to above-average skilled group (got 16/16n the last week before patch, with about 6 weeks of "lost" time due to turnover on the roster), what kind of heal comp should I be looking at for ToT? We were able to 2-heal most fights in t14, but my current 3rd healer much prefers dps to healing. Do I need to start looking for a full-time 3rd healer with a dps OS instead of the dps with healing OS that I have now?

Full raid comp currently:
    Tank-Bear
    Tank-War

Heal-Paladin
    Heal-Shaman
    Flex-Boomkin/Resto druid

Dps-Rogue
    Dps-Spriest
    Dps-Hunter (has a holy priest alt)
    Dps-Mage
    Dps -Ele Sham/Frost DK (flex spot)

Deleted
    Imo 2 is the best and easiest way to do it, but 3 is a lot more safe but it puts more pressure on DPS in some cases.

Most fights this tier, I would say are 3 heal. I think you would have trouble 2 healing fights like magaera (massive amounts of healing required), and ji-kun (where you need to split up into groups).

You're looking at 3 heals most fights. My group went 15/16H last tier and we have 3 healed all of them so far (you could 2 heal Primordius). We're 8/12 right now.
    When you get more gear you can 2 heal mostly all of it I suppose except the intense (megaera) and situational (ji-kun and dark animus (you spread out a lot!)).

Deleted
    2 healing everything is fine but you would need strong healers no doubt. Personally my guild have 2 healed 11/12 and will 2 heal lei shen too. I would also like to mention that any 2 healing setup without a disc priest will struggle a lot more because atonement is just such good passive healing in a close to no damage phase which makes both your healers have close to full mana when the action starts. Having a Rshammy or Hpally with them is probably the best too.
    For your group though i would say 3 heal all the way, you have way to little gear and not a good 2 healing setup available. Just make sure that your dps does their job

Deleted
    most can be 2 healed, 3 is safer though, fights like primordius and jin'rokh could probably be solo healed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by discmeedel View Post
    2 healing everything is fine but you would need strong healers no doubt. Personally my guild have 2 healed 11/12 and will 2 heal lei shen too. I would also like to mention that any 2 healing setup without a disc priest will struggle a lot more because atonement is just such good passive healing in a close to no damage phase which makes both your healers have close to full mana when the action starts. Having a Rshammy or Hpally with them is probably the best too.
    For your group though i would say 3 heal all the way, you have way to little gear and not a good 2 healing setup available. Just make sure that your dps does their job
    I dont believe for 1 second that u 2 healed magaera

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathruler11 View Post
    I dont believe for 1 second that u 2 healed magaera
    Trust me we did, unfortunately though maegera was one of the bosses i wasnt in for and since iam logging the fights we have no log for it. You can see that all the other fights were 2 healed without any issues here http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-m725egrrsw5092dd/ But i will say that our Dpriest rank 1 by far with over 110k hps. Note that we are using pally tank too and he did slightly above 50k healing too, we also had 2 locks in the grp which can keep themselves alive with their insane amount of selfhealing and absorbs so it wasnt that hard actually

Edit: http://www.guildox.com/go/g.aspx?r=K...all-EU&a=22986 here is the setup from guildox
    Last edited by mmocd209f15420; 2013-03-10 at 06:52 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hydra isn't bad to two heal. The scariest damage really isn't the rampages, it's the tank damage taken on the red head. More DPS means less stacks on the tank which means healers will have a much easier time.

Rampage will be harder with two heals, but with well coordinated raid CDs you should be able to manage just fine.

Deleted
    You should 3 heal whatever you can. 2 healing without OP disc is gonna hurt.

For 2 healing you probably want disc + h pally, since pallys have like the best utility, but disc + anything works really.

Quote Originally Posted by NesQuek View Post
    Most fights this tier, I would say are 3 heal. I think you would have trouble 2 healing fights like magaera (massive amounts of healing required), and ji-kun (where you need to split up into groups).
    Ji-Kun? That joke of a fight is the only one we have 2 healed so far due to the very low raid damage aside from quills. You don't even need to spread out that much, you can have your platform group on the same side of the platform without issues.
    Last edited by mmoc409bdafe4d; 2013-03-11 at 05:27 AM.

Deleted
    What we did (10):

Jinrokh - 2 heal
    Horridon - 2 heal
    Council - 2 heal
    Tortos - 2 heal
    Megara - 3 heal (Alot of dmg :O)
    Jikun - 3 heal (But we soaked all pools on the platform, could just slack on that and go 2 heal, spirit shell on main platform prob).
    Durumu - 3 heal (Easily 2 healable)
    Primo - 2 heal
    Dark Animus - 3 heal (2 heal if you deal with the adds fast, prob by kiling them azap into inactive)
    Iron Qon - 3 heal (Ive seen people 2 heal, but there are alot of dmg going out. If 2 heal you would need to end p1 fast)
    Twin 3 heal (But 2 heal np)
    Progressing on Lei Shin, but 2 healing that.

Deleted
    We did it like this:

Jinrokh - 3 healers (Monk, Pala, Disc)
    Horridon - 3 healers (Monk, Pala, Disc)
    Council - 3 healers (Monk, Pala, Disc)
    Tortos - 3 healers (Monk, Pala, Disc)
    Megaera - 3 healers (Monk, Pala, Disc)
    Jikun - 3 healers (Monk, Pala, Disc)
    Durumu - 3 healers (Monk, Pala, Disc)
    Primo - 3 healers (Monk, Pala, Disc)
    Dark Animus - 2 healers (Pala, Disc)
    Iron Qon - 2 healers (Pala, Disc)
    Twins - 3 healers (Monk, Pala, Disc)
    Lei Shen - 2 healers (Monk, Pala)

Most intensive imo were Megaera and Lei Shen. You might want to take 3 healers for Lei Shen if you're strugling

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NesQuek View Post
    Did Ji-Kun platforms with shadow+elemental, without healer.