Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    I'm at 31.5% haste unbuffed atm,
    T15 535 upgraded once with ra-den loot 16k+1k(bracers)=17k 17k/425=40%. You're not breaking 40% optimally without ra-den loot. and I'm aware that the reforge is messed up a little, but it's good enough to get my point across. you'd actually have a little less haste than that.
    Last edited by Reith; 2013-03-09 at 10:30 PM.

After some Iron Quon pulls with primordius trinket, let me say it's concluded in 3 letters: R. N. G.
    It was possible to stack it up to 5 stacks several times and ES damage is enormous this way.

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...67406013296640

'@Ghostcrawler Are you going to fix the proc rate on the 5.2 trinkets? Currently they are way too unreliable.'

'@Juseeh We're considering some pseudo randomization in players' favor. E.g. if no proc, increase chance next time. Avoids bad streaks.'
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

Quote Originally Posted by Juicy View Post
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...67406013296640

'@Ghostcrawler Are you going to fix the proc rate on the 5.2 trinkets? Currently they are way too unreliable.'

'@Juseeh We're considering some pseudo randomization in players' favor. E.g. if no proc, increase chance next time. Avoids bad streaks.'
    I still think they should do that with loot to make more variety of items drop from bosses instead of it being completely and totally random, but at least they're considering a similar kind of mechanic for trinket procs because it's really dumb for feather and unerring vision.

@ AMR

You're missing 2 things imo:

1) Cooldown allignment with said procs which is reallity not just brute numbers.

and

2) Passive trinket stat str = 2 , rating = 1. (Not accurate but not far off either).

Basically only 2 things matter the proc and how usable it is with 30sec uptime-90sec downtime intervals and str vs rating passive (str being better).
    Last edited by Neldarie; 2013-03-09 at 11:27 PM.

Juicy, that's good info on the proc stuff. I'll be sure to watch for any changes to the proc mechanics

As for the EXP rating on the one trinket - you can test out the scores on Mr. Robot. If you lock in the other trinkets, the score goes down. If you leav the Brutal Talisman in, and reforge the other gear, the score is higher. You can play with it for your own gear, because the results might be different with your set of gear. That's one of the reasons we let people lock in gear.

Neldarie, Can you elaborate? I think I've been running LFR queues too much today and don't totally follow what you're saying. Thx

Huntingbear: Yep, we took all of that into account in the simulator. Good question.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Megraam View Post
    Anyone with primordius trinket here? I can't stack it more than 3 it always fall off before another stack.
    Well 3RPPM expected. Huge outcry on these trinkets I sense massive hotfixes to all these trinkets soon. They are ALL bad for all classes.

Just caught up on reading and saw the twitter post above. So yeah trinkets should be fine.

Also why we gotta talk a bout brutal talisman? makes me so emo that the ICD is so bad. We gave up a 20 second durationf or 15 sec with a lower icd.... but we want the longer icd... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. Links up with recklessness and DK cooldowns tho. Dicks.

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 03:13 AM ----------

Lets just assume they fix all trinkets in the next month or so....

I'm looking at Ji-kuns agian and just man.... those ES's with an extra 15k strength before armor/horn/guardian. Just sounds nasty.

In theory if the FIX these trinkets It should link with wings with .5RPPM no?

So.. Zandalar can't be used on pull and isn't guaranteed to be up with wings, Niether is ji's unless they fix it and it works with the RPPM system better.

Brutal talisman are just like except larger proc compensated by a low duration because of the ilvl. I mean it has about as much chance to link up as any other abilities. Hell it could be BiS on Jin rhok if you hold your cds for the first pool.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-03-10 at 03:21 AM.

@ AMR on average rating is around half of what str value is (due to reforging you will almost always see that reforged into haste or be pure haste to begin with), and well ret is alot about the wing burst intervals that happen every 90seconds for 30seconds.
    Last edited by Neldarie; 2013-03-10 at 04:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    Juicy, that's good info on the proc stuff. I'll be sure to watch for any changes to the proc mechanics

As for the EXP rating on the one trinket - you can test out the scores on Mr. Robot. If you lock in the other trinkets, the score goes down. If you leav the Brutal Talisman in, and reforge the other gear, the score is higher. You can play with it for your own gear, because the results might be different with your set of gear. That's one of the reasons we let people lock in gear.

Neldarie, Can you elaborate? I think I've been running LFR queues too much today and don't totally follow what you're saying. Thx

Huntingbear: Yep, we took all of that into account in the simulator. Good question.
    As I and others have said before, the only time when the expertise on that trinket should ever be valued using the Expertise stat weight, is if there is literally no other place where that expertise could be coming from(E.G. A naked character, except for the trinket). In reality, every raider is already expertise capped.

If it's possible for the program behind MrRobot to track exactly what that expertise translates into(I.E the extra haste, crit and mastery), then you could use that to accurately judge the value of the trinket, using the stat weights for what you actually gain from it.
    Last edited by Afarensis; 2013-03-10 at 12:06 PM.

@Anaxie, your post was really helpful. Now I'm following better.

Edit: Now I understand the cooldowns you're trying to time up. We'll see if we can figure out an automatic way to incorporate that into our site. We don't put static values on trinkets b/c they are selected based on stat weights, but maybe we can put a 'debuff' on certain trinkets that don't line up with procs - so that they end up being worth x% less.

Napkin Math: Wing burst happens for 30 seconds every 90 seconds.
    • Wings: 0:00 - 0:30 / Talisman: 0:00 - 0:15
    • Talisman: 1:15 - 1:30
    • Wings: 1:30 - 2:00
    • Talisman: 2:30 - 2:45
    • Wings: 3:00 - 3:30
    • Talisman: 3:45 - 4:00
    • Wings: 4:30- 5:00
    • Talisman: 5:00 - 5:15
    • Wings: 6:00 - 6:30 /Talisman: 6:15 - 6:30
    • Wings: 7:30 - 8:00 Talisman: 7:30 - 7:45
    • Next time they proc together, the fight would be over. Let's call that 2 more procs.

So it looks like they line up for 3 out of 9 procs, assuming the fight lasts past 6:00. If not, it only procs together once. Assuming a 100% proc rate for napkin math, of course. Yeah, that doesn't seem too optimal

Afarensis - I agree that the EXP on that trinket is huge. It is 4% EXP alone. However, the Brutal Talisman is still coming up as better on the BiS list, even with the EXP because it saves reforges elsewhere. This might not be the case for everyone's gear though - which is why Mr. Robot looks at your set of gear when ranking. The stat weights and program do account for expertise vs all of the other stats, so that part is already working.

I can't thank you all enough for the feedback, it's super helpful! This is why I'm talking MMO-C forums. Mr. Robot is a bad-ass mathematician, but some of these nuances each spec has with trinkets aren't obvious until someone mentions them
    Last edited by Zoopercat; 2013-03-10 at 08:34 PM.

Deleted
    Actually, I think you misinterpreted what Neldarie said. Wings is a 2min CD, not 1min30secs, so that will nudge your timers a bit.

Oh, thanks viveras. Can you tell me what cooldowns you'd want to time up with the trinket? Is it once every 2 minutes? Or both 90 and 120 second intervals? Thanks - I'll recalculate and bring that back to the team. Sorry for the 'easy questions' - I'm trying to stalk 34 specs/classes at once You should see the scribbles on the notepad next to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    Oh, thanks viveras. Can you tell me what cooldowns you'd want to time up with the trinket? Is it once every 2 minutes? Or both 90 and 120 second intervals? Thanks - I'll recalculate and bring that back to the team. Sorry for the 'easy questions' - I'm trying to stalk 34 specs/classes at once You should see the scribbles on the notepad next to me.
    There's three things you want to line it up with, Execution Sentence on 1 minute (fire and forget DoT effect that snapshots stats on cast), Avenging Wrath on 2 minutes with a 30 second duration and Guardian of Ancient Kings on 5 minutes with a 30 second duration. For Guardian of Ancient kings, it is optimal to have it up during the last 15 seconds of the buff due to the mechanics of the spell (stacking STR multiplier).

Deleted
    only 120sec intervals

Besides, we can delay Wings to lign it up better.

0:00 to 0:30 AW / 0:00 to 0:15 Talisman
    1:15 to 1:30 Talisman
    2:00 to 2:30 AW
    2:30 to 2:45 Talisman
    3:45 to 4:00 Talisman
    4:00 to 4:30 AW
    5:00 to 5:15 Talisman
    6:00 to 6:30 AW / 6:15 to 6:30 Talisman
    7:30 to 7:45 Talisman
    8:00 to 8:30 AW
    8:45 to 9:00 Talisman
    That would be the "robot" version of it

A more realistic on for <8min fights (4AW uses maximum)
    2:00 to 2:30 AW delayed
    2:30 to 3:00 AW / 2:30 to 2:45 Talisman
    4:30 to 5:00 AW delayed
    5:00 to 5:30 AW / 5:00 to 5:15 Talisman
    6:15 to 6:30 Talisman
    7:00 to 7:30 AW NOT delayed if boss about to die
    OR
    7:30 to 8:00 AW / 7:30 to 7:45 Talisman

So up to a 8min30 fight, its more valuable to delay CDs by 30sec each time to line it up with Talisman to guarantee optimal use
    But then come the "Bloodlust" question : do we delay CD for BL or for trink ?

Then come other questions : a the time my trink is about to proc and I've delayed my CDs usage, will I be able to DPS for 20/30s in a row without movement/fight mechanics that waste my proc and/or CD ?

So there really are no simple answer to your question right here but I hope some of these will help you for your calculus.

Meta and AF, thanks so much

Quote Originally Posted by metasaigneur View Post
    only 120sec intervals

Besides, we can delay Wings to lign it up better.

2:00 to 2:30 AW
    2:30 to 2:45 Talisman
    4:00 to 4:30 AW
    5:00 to 5:15 Talisman
    6:00 to 6:30 AW / 6:15 to 6:30 Talisman
    7:30 to 7:45 Talisman
    8:00 to 8:30 AW
    8:45 to 9:00 Talisman
    That would be the "robot" version of it

A more realistic on for <8min fights (4AW uses maximum)
    2:00 to 2:30 AW delayed
    2:30 to 3:00 AW / 2:30 to 2:45 Talisman
    4:30 to 5:00 AW delayed
    5:00 to 5:30 AW / 5:00 to 5:15 Talisman
    6:15 to 6:30 Talisman
    7:00 to 7:30 AW NOT delayed if boss about to die
    OR
    7:30 to 8:00 AW / 7:30 to 7:45 Talisman

So up to a 8min30 fight, its more valuable to delay CDs by 30sec each time to line it up with Talisman to guarantee optimal use
    But then come the "Bloodlust" question : do we delay CD for BL or for trink ?

Then come other questions : a the time my trink is about to proc and I've delayed my CDs usage, will I be able to DPS for 20/30s in a row without movement/fight mechanics that waste my proc and/or CD ?

So there really are no simple answer to your question right here but I hope some of these will help you for your calculus.
    Except it's a 15% proc so will never be off at 75 exactly. Delaying wings is kinda stupid too. Better to just keep orders or something.

There's really no reason not to delay AW to better line up with trinkets, as long as it doesn't cost you an AW cast in the end.

Just got my hands on Spark of Zandari Tunderforged ver, and i must say its not that bad, building up stacks feels decent, im sitting at almost 42% haste with it

After raid now, i tried it on dummy for roughly 10min, and noticed i got 11 procs aka 11x 10stacks, so lets round it to 1 per min, makes it not so bad, just doing napkin math

Anyone else tried out this trinket in the field any thoughts?
    Last edited by Liquidevil; 2013-03-11 at 02:36 AM.
    Armory links: Paladin Death Knight

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Except it's a 15% proc so will never be off at 75 exactly. Delaying wings is kinda stupid too. Better to just keep orders or something.
    Yes that's another good point.
    I just tempted to give infos on synccing or not and thus better usage, until which point delaying doesn't prevail a full usage etc.. besides, even if it doesn't proc at 75sec exactly, with SW during 30sec it allows to "bet" it will fully proc under AW if casted @ 2:30 intervals instead off 2min IF you don't loose a full AW thus <8min-8min30 fight.

I don't think Talisman is good unless you just rerolled a pally imo :/ other VP are more valuable for now. It would have been much better on a 1min /use with 10sec imo
    I would stick to Lei shen 2/2 and take Spark to replace Darkmoon personally, hoping they fix the RPPM shortly
    Last edited by mmocb71f6e42a0; 2013-03-10 at 10:38 PM.

Alot of ppl saying the RPPM trinkets have been hotfixed. ppl getting 30% uptime on Zandalar ect.

So I'm going to keep them in the BiS naturally.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-03-11 at 05:43 AM.