Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Page 39 of 119 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    That'd be great if I could one shot them. Between having them up, the Pit Lord inevitably breaking, and him chaos bolting.
    Uhm, no. If you position the Pit Lord correctly, enslave will not break.

if they simply removed the enrage timer that would help, it forces people to do a certain amount of DPS, if that wasn't there you could concentrate on the mechanics. Ideally remove 1 fel hound so we can havoc>CB them and have them down and be ready to avoid his CB rather than having them still eating away at your health just to have a chaos bolt head your way! Personally I'm finding it too hard and have pretty much given up, it's just not gonna happen for me until I get better gear, I'm a fairly good player but not that good, it was really making me dislike the game so i'm taking a step back for a while and i'll try again with better gear, see if that helps although I don't think it will as it's the mechanics that are getting me, the best I have done is get him to 50% ish on the first doom lord which is pretty poor! I simply can't follow the mechanics and keep a good rotation up on the boss :-(
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Purification potion can remove the curse he puts on you causing him to re-cast it if that's all you're having trouble with.

Took me almost 6 hours to finally kill him. =/

yeh i'll have to track some of those potions down, its the combination of mechanics, rotation and cooldowns that's messing me up, timing is so important and I just can't do it, people with worse gear than me have done it so it can't be my gear

<--- one very fed up Warlock feeling very sorry for himself!
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Yea I did it at 487ilvl. Quit shortly after MoP came out and just came back to raid again in 5.2. Was really fun and satisfying though.

I have read this thread twice and I still don't get how to do it. Trying to manage the imps while also keeping the boss from CB'ing me or casting Cataclysm seems impossible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by askevi View Post
    I have read this thread twice and I still don't get how to do it. Trying to manage the imps while also keeping the boss from CB'ing me or casting Cataclysm seems impossible.
    Stand on a spot that makes imps move middle of the circle, then have pit lord fel breath them. Also you should use demonic gateway to lose aggro.

"Just position the Pit Lord right, hurrrr durrr they won't break it."

Every. single. fucking. time. they have. And I run him all the way into the corner.

Deleted
    I've managed to down it as Destro ilvl 504. Here's some tips:
    -Sacrificed my Imp and used the dispell on cooldown
    -Made a @player macro for the Pit Lord's dispell
    -Used Siphon Life glyph, and FnB Immolate the imps for lots of heals
    -Used Twilight's Ward+Sacrificial Pact on Chaos Bolts
    -During the Felhunter phase, i used Charge on the first one to one shot it with my CB, then stunned two others, used Pit Lord's breath and Havoc'd CB to kill them within 5-6 seconds
    -Allowed my Pit Lord to aggro the Doom Lord, Banished the second
    -Used glyph of fear just in case if my Pit Lord got dispelled
    -During the last imp phase, i kept RoF on them and spammed Shadowburn on Karenthad until he dropped.

Build: Siphon Life, Shadowfury, Sac Pact, Blood Fear, GoS, Kil'Jaeden
    Glyphs: Healthstone, Fear, Siphon Life --- Enslave Demon

To clarify, everytime i sent my Pit Lord out of sight, the Felhunters still managed to dispell him everytime. For a change, i decided to make a use of him to help me down the puppies, and suprisingly it worked very well.
    Last edited by mmoc1d80589d30; 2013-03-10 at 10:35 PM.

can anyone else not get into Black temple to do a transmog run?

Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    Stand on a spot that makes imps move middle of the circle, then have pit lord fel breath them. Also you should use demonic gateway to lose aggro.
    I can't state enough how helpful using the gateway to drop aggro is. When I killed him, he only did one Chaos Bolt, which I was able to eat with Sac Pact and Twilight Ward. He also tends to use all of his abilities on your Pit Lord, instead.

Near the end of the Imp Phase, start running toward the back of the room and pre-casting Chaos Bolt when you see him run to the center. If you time it right, your Chaos Bolt will hit him right after the Pit Lord stun (I was stunning mid-cast). After that start casting another Chaos Bolt while still running, and "move to" your Pit Lord to the back right. Run back to the boss after, and spam ROF for embers. Once he starts to channel the summon, DS and drop two ROF on the portal. When the first Felpup spawns, stun it and Havok it. Start running away, and Chaos Bolt the second as it spawns. Most of the time, for me that killed both. I was then able to start casting another Chaos Bolt at the 3rd one, while running around the pillar in case Kanrethad decided to Chaos bolt me. Usually (to my benefit) the 3rd Felpup would eat my Enslave Demon. I had plenty of time to re-enslave, and be read for the stun.

Honestly, once you have the Felhound phases down clean, you'll wreck him. I killed him in the 3rd Imp Phase, when I had basically unlimited Shadowburns from ROFing the Imps.

I give up.

Its honestly not even fucking worth it.

There's challenging but doable, and then there's bullshit one-hit-ko mechanic fucking nonsense.

Grats blizzard, you made me absolutely hate this patch.

Deleted

Every. single. fucking. time. they have. And I run him all the way into the corner.
    Do you happen to tank felhunters middle of the room or next to their spawn spot?

For this fight, is it wiser to go with the extra healing the glyph or to use normal ember tap for its quicker heal?

I give up.

Its honestly not even fucking worth it.

There's challenging but doable, and then there's bullshit one-hit-ko mechanic fucking nonsense.

Grats blizzard, you made me absolutely hate this patch.
    i agree 100%, im a multi glad lock i play my class very well but this shit is retarded i mean honestly. rogue legendary quests were cake to get something that actually BENEFITED them in combat. This is just a visual and it is nearly impossible. Great job blizzard.

Deleted
    I'm sorry, but then you are simply doing it wrong.
    I placed the pit lord just behind the right pillar next to the portal and ran to the left pillar. They did not dispell it (except a few times when I messed up the positioning).

Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    I found it the easiest to stand just between the pit lord and the portal where the imps spawn and nuke them down there - without letting them move anywhere.

Yeah, and this fight belongs in the first category.

Quote Originally Posted by Coil View Post
    For this fight, is it wiser to go with the extra healing the glyph or to use normal ember tap for its quicker heal?
    I tried both and found the unglyphed ember tab a bit more useful because of the burst healing.
    Healthstone was glyphed, though.

By the way: I'm iLvl ~490 geared, so not anywhere near BiS - and I still managed to kill him (without the potion to remove the curse even).
    Also, I had several 1-2% wipes...so no, I wasn't just lucky.
    Some people simply are giving up and raging way too fast. 50+ attempts is still a very reasonable amount for an epic questline.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2013-03-10 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coil View Post

No glyph imo.

I'm sorry, but then you are simply doing it wrong.
    I placed the pit lord just behind the right pillar next to the portal and ran to the left pillar. They did not dispell it (except a few times when I messed up the positioning).
    I'm not. I'm not a freaking idiot. You put it out of LoS. Im not misunderstanding it. But thanks for the contribution.

Yeah, and this fight belongs in the first category.
    No, it doesn't.

Deleted
    I'm not. I'm not a freaking idiot. You put it out of LoS. Im not misunderstanding it. But thanks for the contribution.
    Yeah sure. Then please explain why they didn't dispell my enslave then. Must be magic!

No, it doesn't.
    That's a matter of opinion.
    But go ahead. If people keep crying long enough, Blizzard surely will nerf it - like they always do.

Deleted
    The only thing I would considering beyond a fucking joke when it comes to this encounter is the "Annoying Imp" who just loves to stun you when you are mid-enslave demon cast for your pitlord, kanrathed is on 2% health and it fails, the pitlord charges you, when you finally enslave the thing, kanrathed uses cataclysm...

But charge is on Cooldown now

Why implement unavoidable RNG in an encounter which, otherwise, is a shitload of fun.