Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    I don't know why people are saying blood elves. The males have the most realistic looking muscle tone/mass.

Second, I don't get why people call them gay because they're elves and elves are supposed to be refined and sophisticated. I guess that's considered "gay" these days.
    Their stance, movements/animations, and emotes are comparable to the real life flamboyant homosexual.

Everything except Pandaren, Goblins and Worgen.

I'm with Caelic on Night Elves. Tiny waists, awkward tweaker animations, hands that are way too big, eyebrowless faces without facial hair.
    -Trolls need better face options, maybe more tusk options (Or beards), and to be at least as bulky as Worgen.
    -Orcs need to be a little bigger, with better textures (The back looks unnatural), better faces and more natural looking hair.
    -Tauren need some proportions fixed (Maybe), and better textures, along with fixing some lackluster animations. Also a seperate hair/facial hair option. (Goblins could also benefit from this)
    -Dwarves in general. (Animations are pretty nice.)
    -Gnomes need to run less awkwardly, perhaps give them better faces and proportions.
    -Draenei need to relax their shoulders, (Granted, all races could stand to wear all their shoulder items similar to Nelves/Humans/Belves.) and doing something with the forearms/faces would be welcome. Actual beards (Add tentacles if you like but I want more chin hair.)
    -Blood Elves need to not look like stupids when standing
    -Undead could use more options and smoother textures.
    -Humans in general.
    Last edited by Vorticough; 2013-03-10 at 11:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamondo View Post
    the fact that it took 10 responses to hear Draenei is mind boggling to me.

there are several models that could use some adjustments, but male Draenei just need to go straight into the trash.
    There is a teacher at the high school that I want to that looks like a draenei.

I say humans.

Gonna have to go with Draeneis

10+ Year Old Account
    Orc. I really want to play as one, but I hate that hunchback thing they have going on. I know that they are supposed to be a bit more feral when compared to a human however the in-game model makes them look they have spine issues.

Then again, most pre-cata races look like crap.

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 11:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    Blood Elf males, because they just look too feminine.
    Also, this is rather silly. Blood Elf males are ripped. It's just that the other races look like steroid abusers.

I wish I had the muscles that a Blood Elf had.

Graphically speaking the human male model is the worst in the game.

Aesthetically i'm not crazy about the male troll model, wish they looked more like forest trolls or vol'jin.

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 09:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zenny View Post

Also, this is rather silly. Blood Elf males are ripped. It's just that the other races look like steroid abusers.

I wish I had the muscles that a Blood Elf had.
    I agree, the problem with blood elf males is they are the most realistically proportioned model in the game and only look wimpy / girly compared to all the other comically beefy races.
    Last edited by Redmage; 2013-03-10 at 09:16 PM.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

10+ Year Old Account
    Night Elves and Blood Elves...although for BEs, it's BOTH sexes. I think they just did a horrendous job on the BE race in general, they look extremely low-poly, terrible skin textures, and this goes for NEs too, the skinny, anorexic waistline is just ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Night Elves and Blood Elves...although for BEs, it's BOTH sexes. I think they just did a horrendous job on the BE race in general, they look extremely low-poly, terrible skin textures, and this goes for NEs too, the skinny, anorexic waistline is just ridiculous.
    Blood elves are way higher poly then humans though. The unrealistic barbie proportions on the female elves annoy me too, but hey its a game and i'm sure a lot of people like that sort of thing.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    Their stance, movements/animations, and emotes are comparable to the real life flamboyant homosexual.
    Which races have a hetero stance?

Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    So as a real life homosexual, I can tell you that not only do I find blood elf males not to be attractive (I don't like scrawny guys) I can also tell you that you are dead wrong and need to stop defining entire groups of people based on the stereotypes you see on TV. Go to a gay bar and see how many gay guys are tall and fat or completely ripped, or just look like average people you would never know where gay.

We also all don't have a lisp and like to decorate either FYI. I'm fairly masculine and people are shocked -shocked- when they find out i'm gay.

Yes an argument could be made that BE mannerism are feminine, but feminine does not mean gay. Plenty of straight dudes act this way and if you knew the amount of gay guys that didn't act this way it would blow your mind.

Besides what I think blizzard was going for with blood elves was a regal and arrogant race of narcissists. They are supposed to be like royal assholes obsessed with appearance and power, how people get "homo" from this is beyond me.
    Last edited by Redmage; 2013-03-10 at 09:37 PM.

I got to page 2 before I found that there are very few that pay attention to detail. The Orc face, specifically the mouth and teeth, is by the far the most ridiculously outdated facial animation in the game.

If the new model looks similar to Thrall in Dragon Soul, I can finally make an Orc toon.

humans and night elves are def the worst imo. cant wait for the updates.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Night elf and human.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

I quite like human and belfs, though I don't have any myself, however I don't like the belf stealth animation. Belf males casting look a bit more engaged than the female versions.

For the ugliest.. Hmm... it's a tie between goblin/draenei/nelf.

Undead is the best! <3

This question is way too hard to answer. I'd have to say Human, I have no human characters because I just can't stand looking at them. Id cringe at my character just as much, but luckily he's hidden underneath a ton of armor.

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 10:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    So as a real life homosexual, I can tell you that not only do I find blood elf males not to be attractive (I don't like scrawny guys) I can also tell you that you are dead wrong and need to stop defining entire groups of people based on the stereotypes you see on TV. Go to a gay bar and see how many gay guys are tall and fat or completely ripped, or just look like average people you would never know where gay.

We also all don't have a lisp and like to decorate either FYI. I'm fairly masculine and people are shocked -shocked- when they find out i'm gay.

Yes an argument could be made that BE mannerism are feminine, but feminine does not mean gay. Plenty of straight dudes act this way and if you knew the amount of gay guys that didn't act this way it would blow your mind.

Besides what I think blizzard was going for with blood elves was a regal and arrogant race of narcissists. They are supposed to be like royal assholes obsessed with appearance and power, how people get "homo" from this is beyond me.
    Its a joke even Blizzard got in on. 5 quests in Cataclysm had Male Blood Elves being mistaken as women ("Jenny" Awesome, The Day that Deathwing came, Maximilian of Northshire calling the BE a "fair maiden") Their jokes "Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me?" "Oh I could use a scrunchy right now"

They're meant to be feminine and metrosexual. I wouldn't say "gay" but definitely having a bit of an identity crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I ask that same question every day, and in roleplay, just... bleh.. I seem to remember several people using the argument 'well I'm human irl so I'll play a human in wow'.. thats... seriously lame. Its a fantasy and fiction based adventure, if you at least looked decent, like the humans in skyrim, thats understandable.

Then again i think its the same reasoning as to why there are so many blood elves on the horde side. People playing wow seem to have the lack of wanting to try anything beyond there understanding of normality, so they pick the one race in the horde that looks as close to human as they can, and the shocking fact is how many people do it.
    I play a human in every game. It's not just WoW. If I play horde I pick Undead. I want my character to represent myself as much as possible. If I am going to play a fictional game, with fictional characters, I'd rather make myself fictional. Does that make sense? I hate role playing, and my imagination died when I hit puberty. Somehow, I still feel compelled to play humans.

Your way of thinking and my way of thinking are different. The sooner most people realize not everyone thinks the same way, the world can move on.

I personally do think Humans, Night Elf, and Draenei males look the worst. I'd probably say out of all of those, Night Elf has the worst animations. Ever see them 100% Sprinting? It cracks me up every time. Night Elf Hunters backdrifting also looks like one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen. Humans don't look that bad with endgame gear on, especially in plate. I play a Rogue though, so meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post

Then you aren't a FLAMBOYANT homosexual. Like the person said Belves were like.

i have to say the blood elf

Deleted
    Draenei and human hands down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Human males. The others are fairly tolerable for me, but the human men are just terrible.