Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Old green Wrath animation

Anyone misses the good old green wrath animation? I know it's a pointless thread but I am curious to know how people feel about it.
    I know the golden one fits solar more but still I liked the green one better, maybe blizzard reads this and gets an idea to implement a minor glyph to be able to get the green wrath back...

So do you guys miss it or are you fond of the golden animation?

10+ Year Old Account
    All it was was a green lightning bolt. I never liked it much when it was still around, love the new animation though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    Mages are balanced. It's just that they aren't balanced for Azeroth.

The old one was not nearly as nice as the new one. It was so simple and so ugly to be honest.

The new one looks ridiculous. Thankfully Moonkin is unbearably boring/predictable despite its strengths, so i'd never play one; though if I did i'd probably replace the new wrath model with the old one regardless of the risks.

I want my Space Cabbage back.

I feel the same way for the shaman version (As well as all the classes that had their spells changed). I feel less like im 'throwing' a ball/bolt of lightning, and more like im throwing a mist or stream of lightning. Like how the pebble spam in SWTOR looks. It feels no different than casting chain heal at something, it doesnt have any force or impact associated with it any more.

would love to be able to go back to it, just for old time's sake. some with my shaman. new lightning bolt is very ugly imo. at least new wrath is neat looking

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer the new animation but I do occasionally get nostalgic about the green wraths. It reminds of me when I was a noob Druid on launch day in Shadowglen :-D

Do I miss the animation? No, but I still think the spell should be green rather than gold. Gold = holy magic imo.

It's more of an orange than gold. Compare it to Denounce(only spammable holy spell with a bolt) and you'll see the difference.

You're not lobbing holy bolts around... you're throwing miniature suns at the enemy. How's that for the Wrath of nature.
    Last edited by huth; 2013-03-10 at 12:28 PM.

So why are beams of sun weaker than beams of moon -_-

I like the new animation, but seriously it feels so pitiful that I don't know why they bothered redesigning it.

Quote Originally Posted by halfawake View Post
    So why are beams of sun weaker than beams of moon -_-

I like the new animation, but seriously it feels so pitiful that I don't know why they bothered redesigning it.
    Because standing in the awe-inspiring-silencing sunshine (Solar Beam) isn't the same as taking a Solar Wind (Sunfire) in the face. Sunfire=Moonfire.

I prefer the new Wrath model as it makes much more sense with the Celestial direction of the spec from the old Nature/Arcane theme.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Because standing in the awe-inspiring-silencing sunshine (Solar Beam) isn't the same as taking a Solar Wind (Sunfire) in the face. Sunfire=Moonfire.

I prefer the new Wrath model as it makes much more sense with the Celestial direction of the spec from the old Nature/Arcane theme.
    If only they'd revise the Glyph of the Stars as well. I would like the glyph more if it didnt makes us transparant and I would love it even more if it switched to solar flare/corona effect if you enter solar eclipse. Would make the theme even better.

Considering Tauren follow the sun and Night elves Elune this would be great.

I do not agree. I like the new wrath animation better. I liked it more the very first time I saw it. Sure, green=nature, but shaman heals are "nature" too, and they're water. The sun is part of nature. I'm firing sun power at people. Except... instead of giving them energy, it hurts them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyandor View Post
    If only they'd revise the Glyph of the Stars as well. I would like the glyph more if it didnt makes us transparant and I would love it even more if it switched to solar flare/corona effect if you enter solar eclipse. Would make the theme even better.

Yes I would totally support this. I find myself wanting to use Astral Glyph when getting a complete Tier set but then "having" to go back to moonkin form either because it's easier for other people so see/find me when raiding or just feeling out of place myself :P

A new spectacular and distinguishable form would be awesome....like lets say an updated moonkin form... /sigh

I don't miss it, never liked it, and I love the new animation.

15+ Year Old Account
    i like the new animation but i stil think it should be green as its nature damage not holy!
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

my first character was a shaman. lightning bolt had same animation but different color. and i DO miss the old style. the new laser gun pew pew style disgusts me. I have no idea why blizz didnt put an option to switch them at least at client side.
    Last edited by Useful; 2013-03-11 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyandor View Post
    Sun worship only started up recently among the Tauren. Around the time Sunwalkers or tauren Paladins started popping up.
    They also worship the moon and have done so for quite some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    i like the new animation but i stil think it should be green as its nature damage not holy!
    Lightning Bolt is also nature, but not green, as is Earthquake, Sunfire etc. If anything, green appears to be one of the least likely colours for nature damage.
    Also, holy has a markedly different colour from Wrath.

Deleted
    I dont play druid much but I was like "WFT why change it to make it look like a paladin spell?" when it happened. Should be a minor glyph maybe to switch between.