Poll: If convicted, what do you think is the appropriate sentence?

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Looking at the poll 6.28% of the voters are trolls.

Infracted: Please do not call other users trolls
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-03-11 at 04:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/police-delhi-g...023445604.html

one of the suspects has committed suicide in jail. 1 down 5 more to go. And the youngest one, the most brutal one of them all, will probably get away with it because he's a juvenile
    Quite harsh, you want to disrespect the dead by singing praise for there circumstances of death?

Perhaps they are terrible wretches of men, but you're going the right way to join them in there moral integrity.

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 12:33 PM ----------

yes unfortunately its been happening since dawn of human lets not forget what u.s. troops did to the vietnamese during the vietnam war, rape infants and stick bayonets up their parts. no country is good. sometimes Ignorance is bliss.
    You seem to be cherry picking facts, quite astounding really - the U.S is not the most renowned war crime's country, it has committed shady act's in its history - as have others.

But you seem naive to the point of wishing death upon those for being accused...

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Quite harsh, you want to disrespect the dead
    Would you respect them if they were still alive?

I don't see why dying suddenly grants them any more measure of respect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Would you respect them if they were still alive?

I don't see why dying suddenly grants them any more measure of respect.
    A death, in any circumstance brings a measure of closure to all those concerned - i am not advocating there deaths, but forgetting that is awful - i'd rather they be forgotten rather than attacked in death.

For respecting them when there alive, i would pity them - and hope for the day restorative justice comes into the world.

15+ Year Old Account
    Death penalty - when there is no doubt about being guilty or not.

It's not realistic to house and sustain all criminals, it costs money they don't deserve and some crimes are so mentally sick and disturbed that there is no chance in hell the people behind those horrific acts can be "cured" of their mentally deranged illness.
    Some people are pure evil, so evil they are incapable of change or regret what they've done to someone - only regret how they did it since they obviously got caught, but given the opportunity to chose with hindsight 1# Don't do it at all. 2# Do it but knowing you'll get away with it.

Most of them would pick nr 2.

15+ Year Old Account
    Life long imprisonment (like bound on a pole with only water to drink and stale bread to eat). Death penalty would be to good for these kind of people, as they won't suffer enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    I just found out that the victim from the December 16 attack in Delhi passed away despite the Indian government, etc.
    I voted for life imprisonment. Execution is not a power the government, or anyone else, should have.

Let them waste away in the horrors of prison.

In my state, life imprisonment is 25 years. But that's only a single charge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw franchise has some pretty neat ideas on what to do with them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Saw franchise has some pretty neat ideas on what to do with them.
    CBBC has some good channels for you too, how to play nicely is one.

10+ Year Old Account
    A death, in any circumstance brings a measure of closure to all those concerned - i am not advocating there deaths, but forgetting that is awful - i'd rather they be forgotten rather than attacked in death.

For respecting them when there alive, i would pity them - and hope for the day restorative justice comes into the world.
    rapists/serial killers/child molesters do not deserve respect living or dead.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    Killing someone only serves to still our thirst for vengeance. It's not justice.
    Not only that, also cost reduction. The money we waste on scum like for example a serial killer could save thousands of lives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

yes unfortunately its been happening since dawn of human lets not forget what u.s. troops did to the vietnamese during the vietnam war, rape infants and stick bayonets up their parts. no country is good. sometimes Ignorance is bliss.
    It has nothing to do with a country.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    rapists/serial killers/child molesters do not deserve respect living or dead.
    Having seen your posting history, and rampant examples of your... less than adequate approach to the judicial system, i can safely discount your opinion.

I'm not respecting the feat's of crime they've committed, far from it. Rather what the death itself signifies - i also acknowledge that everybody has a grain of good within them, some have to be searched further than others.

And it's upon that grain, that a foundation of a better person can be rebuilt - and educated, where ignorance lays - crime will prosper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having seen your posting history, and rampant examples of your... less than adequate approach to the judicial system, i can safely discount your opinion.

I'm not respecting the feat's of crime they've committed, far from it. Rather what the death itself signifies - i also acknowledge that everybody has a grain of good within them, some have to be searched further than others.

And it's upon that grain, that a foundation of a better person can be rebuilt - and educated, where ignorance lays - crime will prosper.
    in other words you dont have a counter argument so your just going to attack my posting history.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    in other words you dont have a counter argument so your just going to attack my posting history.
    I elaborated further contrary to my opener, but i suppose your reading comprehension is as strong as your coherent English.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nevermind yes the death penalty would be the right punishment, I glossed over the poor girl died, Sorry.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2013-03-11 at 05:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Psychiatric ward with prison-level security. I'm for psychiatric ward as a "punishment" for all serious and major crimes like this one. I'm also against execution for ANY crime. Yes, that includes something like the holocaust and someone like Hitler.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    I'm also against execution for ANY crime. Yes, that includes something like the holocaust and someone like Hitler.
    philosophically i am opposed to your view. some people just need to GTFO of this mortal plane imo. in practice however i am with you - we flat out dont have a means of applying the death penalty fairly and judiciously. people still decide, based on perceptions colored by their prejudices. authorities looking to placate the public can railroad someone. many defendants have insufficient legal funds and/or representation. just too many flaws in the system for me to support the practice in any way
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Let them go, its the girls fault she was looking too good, late at night, taunting them like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    Let them go, its the girls fault she was looking too good, late at night, taunting them like this.
    My sarcasm meter is failing today.