Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Unholy vs Rogue 5.2

what am i missing? I didnt play last season but I'm a 2100 exp in 3's dk and rogues are ripping me apart full malev gear gems chants etc so its not like im in blues

the opener is 40% dmg to my hp no runic power generated durin that time and from them on its vanish into full kidney with cloak up so um wtf?

whats changed unholy frenzy doesnt break blinds either?

strat vs rogues 1v1 please

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostful View Post
    what am i missing? I didnt play last season but I'm a 2100 exp in 3's dk and rogues are ripping me apart full malev gear gems chants etc so its not like im in blues

the opener is 40% dmg to my hp no runic power generated durin that time and from them on its vanish into full kidney with cloak up so um wtf?

strat vs rogues 1v1 please
    You are a DK and you claim to be 2100 exp and don't know that you are from the very few, if not the only one class in the game, that can remove 1st big stun with IBF (and become immune for a good amount of time) and 2nd stun with a trinket?

And you ASK FOR ADVICE?!?!?

Please stop lying :/

Who cares about 1v1? Game ain't balanced around duels.

In 3s/5s though, is there any reason you're not using IBF to get out of the stun? Or asking your teammates to peel for you? Don't overextend like a noob if you know you're up against a rogue, since it seems like you're getting gibbed off the bat

Spec Desecrated ground and deaths advace, become immune to cc and kiting, profit.

And BTW IBF costs 20 runic power of which we have 0 in a 1v1 if the rogue opens on you not in combat thats why he cant, but descrated ground remove all that penalty since its usuable whenever and it will remove garrote/cheap/kidney and prevent them if the rogue doesnt run out of it. By then you can have diseases/runic power already.

But yea, rogue dmg is nuts and they have always countered dks.

Edit: Even better, use your ghoul to stun the rogue assumign ur unholy. If your frost your pretty much screwed. Dont be a scrub, go unholy.
    Last edited by Hand Banana; 2013-03-11 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Komamuris View Post
    You are a DK and you claim to be 2100 exp and don't know that you are from the very few, if not the only one class in the game, that can remove 1st big stun with IBF (and become immune for a good amount of time) and 2nd stun with a trinket?

to the shitter tryin to troll.... what part of no runic power on his opener did u not get? IBF takes 20 runic to use..
    scrub

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 12:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post

In 3s/5s though, is there any reason you're not using IBF to get out of the stun? Or asking your teammates to peel for you? Don't overextend like a noob if you know you're up against a rogue, since it seems like you're getting gibbed off the bat
    i wasnt askin about 3's i said 1v1 please learn to read no issues at all with rogues in 3s

Deleted
    There are enough people who care about 1v1, else these and similar threads wouldn't pop up every day.

And yes, they all know it's not balanced, but that's not a reason to not ask for advice.

Blizzard just doesn't want to support 1on1 (1on1 arena) as it would cause an endless shitstorm on their forums, not because people wouldn't be interested in it. 3on3 isn't balanced either, but in 3on3 you don't get such a clear ranking list as you would get in 1on1, which would be the main argument for grand forum shitstorms.

equally skilled, a DK should never ever beat a rogue.

with desecrated ground + DA kiting you might beat a bad one.

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    Spec Desecrated ground and deaths advace, become immune to cc and kiting, profit.

And BTW IBF costs 20 runic power of which we have 0 in a 1v1 if the rogue opens on you not in combat thats why he cant, but descrated ground remove all that penalty since its usuable whenever and it will remove garrote/cheap/kidney and prevent them if the rogue doesnt run out of it. By then you can have diseases/runic power already.

But yea, rogue dmg is nuts and they have always countered dks.

Edit: Even better, use your ghoul to stun the rogue assumign ur unholy. If your frost your pretty much screwed. Dont be a scrub, go unholy.
    thanks for informing the moron about not being able to use IBF on a rogues opener- weak attempt at a troll ...at least someone here has half a brain
    Last edited by Frostful; 2013-03-11 at 07:09 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmm specced back to UH again but havent tried it, they did some change to Frenzy so it doesnt break CC any more?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Hmm specced back to UH again but havent tried it, they did some change to Frenzy so it doesnt break CC any more?
    ya man shocked me when i used it to break his blind. lol intended? bug? tried in repeated duels it won't work

15+ Year Old Account
    That would suck, we already have IBF tied to costing resources we dont have at start. If they changed Frenzy...
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    That would suck, we already have IBF tied to costing resources we dont have at start. If they changed Frenzy...
    Im very happy with the stat of dmg and pressure of unholy atm so this isnt a qq just a little info and brought up to speed cuz i'm a season behind...when out in real world pvp if a rogue gets frisky on me would like to know the counters... ya pet stuns ok but 3sec - vs his cheap into kidney still no runic etc.. might be one of those things where unholy is definately behind the 8 ball on a rogue opener 1v1 ... in its current state

For the opener he wouldn't have enough runic power. Even if he put a death and decay down a rogue could just sap him until the runic power ran out and then opened. He could've trinketted and then IBF'd the dance/kidney, but there's not enough info about it all.

OT: As someone mentioned earlier, equally skilled DK vs Rogue the Rogue should almost never lose (especially if there is LoS so he can get restealths).

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    For the opener he wouldn't have enough runic power. Even if he put a death and decay down a rogue could just sap him until the runic power ran out and then opened. He could've trinketted and then IBF'd the dance/kidney, but there's not enough info about it all.

OT: As someone mentioned earlier, equally skilled DK vs Rogue the Rogue should almost never lose (especially if there is LoS so he can get restealths).
    ya with regard to trinket +IBF his kidney etc ill end up eating his blind which as I mentioned before unholy frenzy doesnt break lol so I agree rogues>dk atm in 5.2 ina 1v1 situation
    Last edited by Frostful; 2013-03-11 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Komamuris View Post

dk can't ibf openers with out runic power. unless they are blood or something.

most rogues in my experience will open with garrote on a dk preventing them from using defensives.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

ya man shocked me when i used it to break his blind. lol intended? bug? tried in repeated duels it won't work
    Not actually tested it, but are you sure you haven't got it Glyphed?

ya with regard to trinket +IBF his kidney etc ill end up eating his blind which as I mentioned before unholy frenzy doesnt break lol so I agree rogues>dk atm in 5.2 ina 1v1 situation
    Can't Unholy frenzy be shivved off anyway? Unless you time it perfectly you wouldn't be able to break any blinds, most people will shiv it off as soon as it goes up.

Deleted
    nuff said..

good rogue > good dk. everytime. too early in 5.2 to say how the HELL a UH can beat a Rogue because of the changes to both classes but uh.... ya just cross your fingers and toes or something. and move all breakable objects away from your computer desk to another room imo

Deleted
    Your worst enemy will be an assasination subterfuge rogue who'll open with garrote followed by cheap shot. You can't cast Desecrated ground for 4.5 sec because of the silence, and he won't come out of stealth for 3 sec so you can't really pet stun him. But you must stun him immediately after he's up. If for some reason you don't, you must absolutely plague strike him during cloak of shadows. Plague strike and serpent sting are the 2 abilities in this game that can apply a magic dot during cloak. After the first 4.5 sec, he can try to vanish and reapply silence for another 2.25 sec. I would normally trinket the opener if it's garrote+cheap shot, use IBF for kidney and save DG for the next cheap shot or blind. Send the pet after him during blind so you don't really need the trinket or DG here. Kiting wouldn't help much due to shuriken toss. Better to chain-root him and go on him.